KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs Stormfront13 (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs Stormfront13 (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs Stormfront13 (Vote Now!)

Here's a link to the rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=431566

All tournament participants must vote.

Typhus

-Morg
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/morg.htm

-War Machine (Parnell Jacobs)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/war_machine3.htm
-Emma Frost (White Queen)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/emma_frost.htm

-Carnage
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Carn...letus_Kasady%29
-Deadpool (earth 1036)
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/deadpoolvisions.htm

-Classic Deathstroke the Terminator (before becoming immortal)
http://www.titanstower.com/source/w...eathstroke.html
-Boba Fett
http://members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.88.../boba_fett.html

vs

Stormfront13

Herald: Pulsar
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Rambeau,_Monica

E.Meta: Mimic, and Prysm
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=712
http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/prysm.html

Meta:Vixen, Meltdown
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=698
http://www.answers.com/topic/vixen-comics

Street:Echo, Ravenger
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Echo_(Maya_Lopez) (no precog)
http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/rose.html

Typhus's Write-Up

quote:

Write Up
Pre-Battle:

First of all, I’d like to address the argument that Carnage would be hard to work on a team. I disagree, because Kasady has shown time and time again that he’s first and foremost interested in his survival. In Maximum Carnage he teamed up with Shriek and Doppelganger (among others), and more recently, when Toxin is ‘born’ he teams up with Venom (who he admittedly hates) to take down the young symbiote. Also, all of my team are either villains or lacking in morals so they won’t have a problem teaming up with our favorite serial killer. Carnage may be vicious, bloodthirsty, and a little psychotic, but he’s also a team player if he has to be.

Morg is also not above working with those beneath him. When captured by Tyrant, Morg put aside his hated of Silver Surfer fought along side him and several other former enemies. The benefit with villains I choose is that they’re more than willing to make moral compromises in the name of self preservation.

Aside from the two really evil members of my team, I have Deadpool, Deathstroke, and Boba Fett - who have also been known to make the occasional team up. Deadpool’s allied himself with good and evil alike (Cable, Taskmaster, Bullseye), and Deathstroke has army training and has worked with teammates in the past. He’s even recruited apprentices and followers over the years. Fett has also teamed up several times over the years, forging unlikely alliances out of Bossk and even Solo - proving that in the name of survival he’s willing to break his lone wolf behavior. As for Emma Frost, well, she’s always worked on teams: Hellfire Club and X-men to get both ends of the spectrum. Also, she originally wanted world domination and the death of the X-men, even going as far as to create a supervillain team and hire on assassins. She wouldn’t have any problems joining my band of killers.

Prep:

OK, now onto the actual prep. Most of my characters are seasoned vets with more than a few battles under their belt. Fett, Emma, and Deathstroke are also all particularly cunning. Once the team gets settled and acquainted, War Machine will take off and scout the battlefield, looking for strategic locations and choke points (since the terrain will be tough going on foot). He’ll report his findings to Fett via comlink (or Emma via mindlink) and my two street mercs will get to work on rigging avalanches they can trigger via remote detonations. Morg may provide a little help (weakening rock structures and what not) but he’ll probably be anxious to spill blood and get the battle underway, getting ready to speedblitz the opposing team’s herald. That will take my street team the majority of their time and they’ll use the remainder to entrench themselves in two separate vantage points where they can provide fire support to each other. They camouflage their positions with snow and what trees they can acquire. Deadpool and Carnage are the ‘bait’ for the other team to lure them into the avalanches and rock slides. Carnage will be more than ready to finish off what the snow and rock fall doesn’t.

Battle:

Once the battle starts, Emma will assume her diamond for and ‘ride’ War Machine into battle. War machine also has a visual cloak which renders him almost invisible. With this he can get the drop on Prysm and Mimic, striking at them with a full array of beams, bullets and missiles (after all, the exo skeleton for War Machine does for weapons what the hulkbuster armor for iron man does for strength). After the initial strike, Emma will psychically assault Prysm and Mimic from the ground, bombarding the heroes with bolt after bolt of psionic spears, while War Machine keeps them busy in the air with his arsenal. Emma will also project false images of multiple War Machines to confuse and distract the fighters. When one gets too close to the real WM, he’ll strike with the crusher claw (10 foot range) and snap the unsuspecting young fighter in two.

Carnage and Deadpool will be ready and waiting near the rigged canyon, leading the other team in while attacking them relentlessly. Carnage (who can match spider-man in speed and agility) will strike with symbiotic spear and ax, while DP taunts and annoys them, making them sloppy. When they’re finally in position, Fett will detonate the trap, causing the opponents to be buried under a mountain of rock and ice. They’ll fall back and the pursuing enemies will be caught in Fett’s and DS’s crossfire without a second thought. If any survive the engagement, Fett and Deathstroke will form hunter team 1 and Carnage and DP will form team 2, chasing down the targets who escaped. Fett, with his jetpack, will be able to cover the treacherous terrain much faster than anyone on foot, and will quickly finish off any unlikely survivors.

Finally, Morg (who will be plenty pissed from having to wait 2 hours) will blitz Pulsar at full speed, covering the distance of the battlefield in mere seconds. He’s on a whole other level from the stuff Pulsar usually fights, so it’s highly unlikely she’ll be ready for the instant and relentless assault. Pulsar probably won’t even be able to hurt Morg, even if she does somehow get a hit in before the end. With his ax, power cosmic, strength, speed, and force field Pulsar is just outclassed. And with cosmic awareness, Morg is NOT getting surprised, even if his prey somehow manages to slip away from him. If Pulsar starts out in energy form, then the battle would be somewhat of a standoff. She can’t hurt Morg, and it’s against the rules for Morg to turn her back into damageable matter. Over the course of the battle however, she'll be getting fatigued, whereas Morg can battle for days. Also, Morg can drain energy away from her until she has to turn back into human form (Surfer once drained the radiation from Hulk, forcing him to become Banner again). Whatever type of energy she becomes of wields, heralds of Galactus see on a daily basis. I mean, they travel the stars in a matter of hours, nothing she can do will be new to Morg. If worst comes to worst and he can’t harm her, he’ll just keep her busy until Emma is done with the twerps and comes to lend psychic assaults which CAN still hurt her.

Stormfront13's Write Up
quote:

stragety
ok...here's my stragety, because i might not be able post that much at all tommorow.

PREP: For prep, my team goes over their powers, and talks stragety. they talk about their powers and make combos with combined attacks. since all of my team is heroes, they easily work together well. Now before the fight starts, Mimic puts a force-field around everyone and links all their minds, and Pulsar reverts to her power cosmic form, which can be invisable and is intangible.
Now, Typhus, your team is so disfunctional it's not even funny. first you got an evil herald who works alone, two heroes, and one of them that only works with a team under very, very extreme cirsumstances, and even then doesn't follow. and three evil, insane assassins, with one of them very likely to attack and try to kill his own team, and the othe rbeing a mutant slayer, meaning Emma Frost will most definitley not work with him. doesn't leave any room for teamwork, meaning that i'm not fighting a team, i'm just fighting 7 individuals.

Fight: The only real challenge on your team is morg, and he can be taken down. like i said during prep, mimic puts a force-field around everyone, and Pulsar reverts to her power cosmic form. Now both pulsar and prysm are invisible and intangible and have superhuman reaction speed. now pulsar moves at the speed of light, and prysm moves at about as fast as lightning, which is fast enough to take literally everyone out except morg, and monica phases his Axe out of his hands, which he has no way to stop this from happenning. now it's my whole team with mimic wielding his axe against Morg.
Now it's safe to say that ravanger, Echo, boomer, will all be taken out pretty easily by morg. Mimic has icemans powers, and we are in teh himalayas meaning that mimic has an unlimited power supply. he creates hundreds of ice replicas of himself, and Prysm and Pulsar both create hundreds of holograms of themselves, meanwhile making mimic invisible. now my team hits him from all angles, while Morg, who doesn't know where the attacks are coming from tries to take out possibl thousands of holograms and ice statues because he doesn't know where the attacks are coming from. at this rate, Morg goes down in a matter of time.

Vote now!

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 12th, 2006 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:11 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Also, I apologize for starting it 10 minutes late. I discovered the character limit while making the post. I had to lower the character count in my post so it delayed me a bit.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 12th, 2006 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:15 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

I just want to point out a few things.

1) Mimic is not a 'good guy' and in fact hates the x-men. He worked with them for a while, but was kicked off the team cause he's selfish and NOT A TEAM PLAYER. Hm, that might pertain to the current situation...

2) Second of all, although he retains the powers of the original 5 x-men, his telekinesis is not powerful enough to "make force fields around your entire team". Shield them from SOME damage while he's in the area perhaps, but not create force fields.

3) Also, I want to point out that my team is so much more experienced and intelligent it's not even funny. Deathstroke alone can use 90% of his brain, and Fett has outsmarted some of the most cunning creatures in his galaxy

4) Finally, based on stormfront13's strategy, using pulsar like that would be incredibly taxing. Also she's at best equal to or less than Green Lantern in energy power and projection. She IS NOT in Morg's league.

Last edited by Typhus on Dec 12th, 2006 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:24 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Also she's at best equal to or less than Green Lantern in energy power and projection. She IS NOT in Morg's league

You're going to get ripped apart for that one :P

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:37 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

1)Typhus... you haven't cuntered my stragety yet.

2)my above stragety didn't even include vixen, who will have Grodd level Tk, and TP.

3) Carnage isn't working with people that he just met, he'd try to sabotage your team in hopes of everyone going down

4) Morg knew he needed help to defeat tyrant, he will want to solo this and likely attack his own team

5) Deadpool will try to kill frost because on his homeworld, that's what he does

6) Emma isn't working with someone who has killed cyclops, and wears his visor. she'll try to mindrape him

7) mimic was once a good guy, and would have no problem fighting alongside my team

8)his TK is on the levels on regular jean grey, and i have the issue to prove it

9)your team is full of insane killers, and all work alone more often than not, they have less expierence working on teams, and are less intelligent. hell...half your team is insane

10) pulsar does things like that normally now, and has help from Prysm

11) your team is full is disfunctional people who prefer to work alone

12) all of my team has enhanced/superhuman reflexes, and prysm and Pulsar in her power cosmic form speedblits your team. no one except morg can stand up to having a person made of cosmic enbergy pass through them except morg, and even he is weakened by it. now it's just morg VS my team.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:38 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

to set the record straight, If Deathstroke is only useing 90% of his brain, in reality he should be somewhat retarded (humans use 100% of thier brain)

but im fimiliar with that comment and i understand it was said to emphasize that he is very intelligent/multitaskual (multitaskual?)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:39 PM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

ker-pinned. Good luck.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:46 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

I think Typhus will win.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:47 PM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Also Typhus, mimic has an unlimited supply of energy with icemans powers, so any avalanches and such will be useless because he can control it. ALso Vixen has powerful force-fields that she can use to protect the team, and considering that Pulsar has easily flown straight through Fin Fan Foom, and Boomer has Blown up his insides, morg will be easily distracted and taken out after a while. now while i realize that Echo and Ravanger will be taken out, with vixen and boomer in a force-field, with mimic, prysm, and pulsar creating illusions and holograms, morg is goin down. Also, there's nothing he can do to my teams most powerful members because they are naturally intangible

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:51 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
1)Typhus... you haven't cuntered my stragety yet.

2)my above stragety didn't even include vixen, who will have Grodd level Tk, and TP.

3) Carnage isn't working with people that he just met, he'd try to sabotage your team in hopes of everyone going down

4) Morg knew he needed help to defeat tyrant, he will want to solo this and likely attack his own team

5) Deadpool will try to kill frost because on his homeworld, that's what he does

6) Emma isn't working with someone who has killed cyclops, and wears his visor. she'll try to mindrape him

7) mimic was once a good guy, and would have no problem fighting alongside my team

8)his TK is on the levels on regular jean grey, and i have the issue to prove it

9)your team is full of insane killers, and all work alone more often than not, they have less expierence working on teams, and are less intelligent. hell...half your team is insane

10) pulsar does things like that normally now, and has help from Prysm

11) your team is full is disfunctional people who prefer to work alone

12) all of my team has enhanced/superhuman reflexes, and prysm and Pulsar in her power cosmic form speedblits your team. no one except morg can stand up to having a person made of cosmic enbergy pass through them except morg, and even he is weakened by it. now it's just morg VS my team.

1) You never countered mine - hypocrite much? Besides, your strategy is unrealistic.

2)K...

3) Yes, he is. In Maximum Carnage he teams up with shriek JUST TO KILL SPIDEY. Here he's fighting for what he holds most dear/their greatest desire. He won't have a problem with it. Hell, he's a better team player than Mimic.

4) Now you’re just being ridiculous...

5) DP killed them cause he was paid to, quit being ridiculous. He’s fighting for what he desires most here.

6) I’m using evil Emma. SHE was trying to kill cyclops.

7) He was WITH the good guy... and got kicked off the team for being a dick.

8) Show me.

9) DP’s UNSTABLE. Not insane. And he has plenty of team experience. He’s also somewhat of a tactician. Carnage has worked on teams plenty of times - read my pre battle write up. And Morg will put aside differences if he has to. He’s not gonna kill his team for no reason.

10) Pulsar never fought Morg. She’ll be over whelmed by his power. Hell, she got worn out fighting the Hulk, who is nowhere near Morg in power.

11) I proved they in fact HAVE and Do work on teams, get off this point.

12) There’s no way it’s just Morg vs your team. Like I said, please stop dictating that the battle will go down exactly as you see it when you don’t even read what I write and counter my points.

And as a bonus, here’s a scan of Pulsar being overpowered/contained by Lantern.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:10 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

How does this work then ? Judges or People votes ?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:15 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Originally posted by stormfront13
Also Typhus, mimic has an unlimited supply of energy with icemans powers, so any avalanches and such will be useless because he can control it. ALso Vixen has powerful force-fields that she can use to protect the team, and considering that Pulsar has easily flown straight through Fin Fan Foom, and Boomer has Blown up his insides, morg will be easily distracted and taken out after a while. now while i realize that Echo and Ravanger will be taken out, with vixen and boomer in a force-field, with mimic, prysm, and pulsar creating illusions and holograms, morg is goin down. Also, there's nothing he can do to my teams most powerful members because they are naturally intangible

How can he control a rock/ice slide? That's not one of his powers first of all, and second, I told you he's be tied up with War Machine and Emma Frost. And the most powerful members of your team are not 'naturally intangible'. Pulsar has to shift into energy form and that is incredibly taxing on her. She can't stay in it indefinitely.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:15 PM
Loot

how does vixen have force fields? is vixen allowed to use gorilla grodd telepathy in telekinesis in this tournament? i remember there was some rules about this character so you could have her in meta level, can someone remind me of that?

and about mimic i do have the idea its the early 5 x men powers, and jean grey couldn´t create force fields for the entire team, some info on this too would be appreciated.

When will this be closed?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:17 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

It'll be closed around the same time tomarrow I imagine. (1 pm central)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:19 PM
Loot

Originally posted by grey fox

the members of the tournament have to vote, i don´t know if the others can, we will have to wait for evangel answer. but in the meanwhile you could vote, if it is accepted or not we will see

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:21 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Originally posted by Loot
how does vixen have force fields? is vixen allowed to use gorilla grodd telepathy in telekinesis in this tournament? i remember there was some rules about this character so you could have her in meta level, can someone remind me of that?

Yeah, I want a ruling on this by Evangel.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:22 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by grey fox

Vote by saying who you would think would win and why.

All tournament participants must vote. Anyone who has at least 800 posts on kmc forums can vote in the tournament as well.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:48 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

I realize that the debate is no where near over yet, but I'm going to put in an early vote for Typhus. His pre-battle strategy was beautifully planned, and it would seem that he picked far more efficient characters than Stormfront. He also did a very good job of explaining away team friction.

Assuming stormfront can save herself, I'll reserve the right to switch my vote, but for now? Typhus is certainly in the lead.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:01 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cosign on Soljer

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:02 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

At the moment I'm torn:

I'm completely unconvinced that Carnage and Co will be able to work together.

I'm also unconvinced that Stormfront's team can take out Morg the way she claims they can ... when Has Pulsar ever turned anything else intangible?

Can't vote until this is cleared up.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:18 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote