KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Could Galactus Devour Apokolips and New Genesis?

Galactus appetite for the home of The New Gods
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he can! 7 41.18%
No Way! Impossible! 4 23.53%
Possible but not Easy at all. 5 29.41%
Undecided! Too hard to answer. 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Could Galactus Devour Apokolips and New Genesis?
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Question Could Galactus Devour Apokolips and New Genesis?

Think about it....Galactus enters the DCU and tries to consume the homes of Darkseid and The New and Old gods.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 13th, 2006 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 05:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

With no heralds?

If he was feeding it would mean that he was beginning to feel "the hunger", so he wouldn't be at his best.

IMO Big G would have one hell of a fight on his hands, I'm not sure if he could beat New Genesis and Apokolips if he was hungry.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 13th, 2006 at 05:54 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 05:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

See the Darkseid/Galactus crossover "The Hunger", for the answer.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 06:47 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom
There is only..SUPERVENOM

Omega Beams would wipe him out, since he is not of importance in the DCU.

Also, didnt Darkside and Odin penetrate the Source Wall or something like that, and Odin is stronger than the Odin in Marvel?

Picture drawn by Richard Watts, the Heavy Metal Ninja
http://www.chrysander.com/

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 07:51 PM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by supervenom
Omega Beams would wipe him out, since he is not of importance in the DCU.

Also, didnt Darkside and Odin penetrate the Source Wall or something like that, and Odin is stronger than the Odin in Marvel?

In the crossover the OE had no effect on Galactus. Might as well have been flashlight beams; he was at low energy too.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 07:54 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom

Originally posted by roughrider
In the crossover the OE had no effect on Galactus. Might as well have been flashlight beams; he was at low energy too.

Which is why I stated that he has no importance in the DCU. In the Hunger, the two universes were basically "merged", right? Or did Darkseid come to MU or did Galactus come to DCU. The reason it didnt work is because Galactus has a role to play in MU. In DCU, he is not of importance. Omega Beams would wipe him out in DCU but not in MU. If I am wrong, my apoligies.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:08 PM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Isn't Apokolips outside the regular DCU anyway?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:14 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom

Originally posted by Scoobless

Good point, my bet is even more so on Darkseid now.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Scoobless

Without a Boom-Tube it cannot be accessed.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

See, what I had in mind was Galactus entering the DCU and gaining access to the Boom Tube. Something I shoulda explained...my bad.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by supervenom
Which is why I stated that he has no importance in the DCU. In the Hunger, the two universes were basically "merged", right? Or did Darkseid come to MU or did Galactus come to DCU. The reason it didnt work is because Galactus has a role to play in MU. In DCU, he is not of importance. Omega Beams would wipe him out in DCU but not in MU. If I am wrong, my apoligies.

Galactus came to Apokolips to feed. He was in Darkseid's domain. Darkseid is at his most powerful on his own turf. If the OE was going to work anywhere, it was there. And it didn't.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:24 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

OE is not working.
Apokalips has no energy to feed off of.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 12:27 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Galactus is one of the most powerful cosmic beings in the marvel universe. I would say he would consume it. In my opinion, Darkseid is a watered down version of Thanos

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:01 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by guy222
Galactus is one of the most powerful cosmic beings in the marvel universe. I would say he would consume it. In my opinion, Darkseid is a watered down version of Thanos

New guy says the original is a bad version of another character that came later = bad.

and this:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:10 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Actually Thanos is a Darkseid rip off and Kirby's (the same person who created Galactus)Darkseid was meant to be Galactus level.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 12:16 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Keep in mind that Galactus has to chose wisely which world to consume first. He can't consume two worlds at the same time. So if he chooses one above the other....that gives the other a heads up to be prepare. Quite frankly if he chooses New Genesis...that could be a bad choice. Highfather would immediatly communicate with The Source.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 04:59 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

no he couldn't.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 05:10 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

confused confused confused confused laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 06:16 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom

Originally posted by roughrider
Galactus came to Apokolips to feed. He was in Darkseid's domain. Darkseid is at his most powerful on his own turf. If the OE was going to work anywhere, it was there. And it didn't.

What I meant was, the two universes was "merged". If thats the case, then Galactus is still of importance, since the MU is still there (even though he is on Apokolips).

The thing is, I wasn't really sure what to think of that comic (in regards to how they even came into contact with each other). If this wasn't in MU at all, then I will agree on your stance that it is possible. Darkseid does have some really incredible feats (except for him being stabbed by Wolvie hehe).

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:41 PM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Actually Thanos is a Darkseid rip off and Kirby's (the same person who created Galactus)Darkseid was meant to be Galactus level.

But it never happened. Besides, writers intent isn't always what shows up in the pages, thus the McDonald's hat.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:55 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote