KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The original Obi Wan

The original Obi Wan
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

The original Obi Wan

Did you know that Lucas originally wanted Charleston Heston to play Kenobi?He turned down the offer though making lucas pick Guiness.Ether way both great actors.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2000 07:21 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I heard of that on numerous Star Wars sites, I never personally believed it but I guess its true now!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2000 07:30 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

All I have to say is I'm glad it turned out the way it did...if Heston had been OB1 and Tom Selleck has played Indiana Jones...no...I don't even what to think about it.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2000 09:16 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

True, it worked out for some movie magic. Heston is also 9 years younger than the late Alec Guiness, UBH, have you watched the Indiana Jones trilogy?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2000 07:15 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I heard that Robert Redford and Tom Selleck were both considered for the role as Han Solo.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Re: ......

I thought that role of Obi-Wan was to originally to be played by a Chineese actor and Han Solo was going to be Christopher Walkin(yikes!)

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 14th, 2001 09:40 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Christopher Walken as Han Solo ? Yeesh, no way man. sick

Don't get me wrong, Walken is a great actor, but not for that part. IMHO OC. smile

Old Post Mar 14th, 2001 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Surely the point though is the film extends beyond the actors who played the characters. Whilst certainly it is always debateable as to the quality of the actors, particularly in Episode one and it is easy to say that they chose the right actors, surely this is simply down to the actors we hav becomes accustomed to and grown to believe i right. If we had been brought up with an absolutely different cast and still thought it was a great saga then would it matter?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 06:23 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oohhh...you really don't understand how film freaks work, do you? Logic has no power here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Oops sorry really should have thought of that first. Alright then, they're brilliant and may never be surpassed , until things change that is, hahaha

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 04:37 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hohoho

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote