KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's WildCard MiniTournament: (hulk10) VS (B dot Rob) VS (Laminator_X) [Vote!]

EVANGEL94's WildCard MiniTournament: (hulk10) VS (B dot Rob) VS (Laminator_X) [Vote!]
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's WildCard MiniTournament: (hulk10) VS (B dot Rob) VS (Laminator_X) [Vote!]

Flight is limited to the upper limit of the atmosphere.

hulk10
quote:

VS

B dot Rob
quote:

VS

Laminator X
quote:

Contestants will post their own write-ups.

Good luck to all contestants. Let the match begin

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 28th, 2006 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 10:30 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Only vote for one participants btw.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 11:11 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Well, let's see.
For our two hours Mordo'll conjure us up a cool ice house that's warm and comfy on the inside, along with some arctic appropriate clothing and a nice warm meal. Wi'll sit back and enjoy ourselves, have some hot cocoa, make some smores and swap stories. Super-Skrull surprises everyone with his excellent harmonica playing.

When the fight's about to start, Mordo vanishes the shelter end everybody piles into Ecstasy's darkness. Mordo's magic protects the rest of the team from the nightmares and life drain while we observe the other teams either bumping eachother off or dying from exposure.

Later on we'll start randomly ambushing surviving enemies at opportune moments. We'll suck'em in one at a time and have my whole team pound on the unfortunate suck-ee who's in here unprotected from the nightmares.

We'll be a bit more careful with Black Bolt or Super-Sonic, but I'm guessing they'll be putting some serious hurt on one another.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Dec 28th, 2006 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 11:30 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Basically it goes like this.

During prep Sand stirs up some magma from the ground and Snow takes the temp away from it to make steam so the temp will be bareable to the 2 people on my team that'll be bothered by it.

Captain America and Ultimate Captain America team up and beat down the bad guys.

Cap'll identify the Ultimate Cap team as a bunch of good guys via Aquaman thanks to Avengers/JLA being canon and identify the Mordo team as up to no good thanks to it being Mordo (that and Aquaman telepathically feeds intel on Raysh and I believe he knows of Deadshot as up to no good either). From then on we all know Cap expects his ultimate side to give him a fair warning but on the Ultimate team you have a whole bunch of people who are more then willing to go with a cheap shot artist like Ult Cap and jump them with their guard down which has been tactically set up during the fight via telepathic voice by Aquaman and the only other telepath in this thing to be able to hear this as Mordo who's getting beat up by Super Sonic and Black Bolt and is a known manipulator.

Super Sonic hits Black Bolt first, him being identified as their biggest threat by observing their fight, with his best shot which is equal to the power of a big bang and strong enough to smack people into alternate universes but being sure to keep his power in check as to not kill everyone but himself like he did in the Knux fight.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/8409/z1zr9.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/909/z2jz9.jpg

For clearance here's a statement of how Zones are equal to a universe.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3025/z1aq7.jpg

Cap strikes simultaneously with Super Sonic taking down 616 Cap with a kick to the nuts, a knee in the face, and one of these

http://www.weaintcool.com/pictures/...ves/legdrop.jpg

to finish him off and with the two key cogs down it's only a matter of making time.

Lady Shiva just naturally beats down Elektra as I don't think she's close to her level and if she doesn't beat her down Cap oneshots her with his shield. Her being tied up by Shiva does not allow her to escape this assault.

Elijah Snow takes away all the heat from Medusa's hair allowing Swift to shatter it and tear her apart and holds off Tigra with his more then formidable h2h skill until Swift blitzes her to all hell or Aquaman intervenes and just beats the hell out of her.

Sand is untouchable by Colossus and Sasquatch as he has gone on record saying a killing blow by Wonder Woman tickles though he won't be able to do much he can hold them off until Super Sonic comes and blitzes them to all hell. Though Aquaman's Waterbearer hand would likely make quicker work of both of them probably being potent enough to revert them to street level.

Or

Everyone just piles up on Black Bolt and Sand beats down the ground units as no one can hurt him but Boltagar.

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Last edited by Moses Morrison on Dec 29th, 2006 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 12:16 AM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Hopefully hulk10 will be able to post a write-up as well...

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 01:07 AM
Laminator_X

Mordo is not immediately available for beatdowns from either Super-Sonic or Blackbolt. Mordo is watching and laughing from within the Darkness as the other teams tear eachother apart. Ecstasy is intangible and hiding beneath the snows.

Since they're being kind enough to split off into twos and threes my "vulture" strategy will work wonderfully. Mordo will observe the battle and pick targets via clairavoyance. Whomever is left standing out of a given mini-fight gets sucked into the dark by a teleporting Ecstasy, and pounded by the rest of my team as the thing in the dark drains their life-force and torments them with nightmares. Nobody below herald-level on either opposing team can stand up to that combined punishment.

When the only one left outside is either Black Bolt or Super Sonic, Super Skrull puts up his forcefield around my team and Ecstasy lets us out behind the cover of some drifts or battle debris. Mordo will then send out his Astral Form to crush whichever one is left out there via psychic assault, against which neither one has any significant defense.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 05:53 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

The teams won't be tearing each other apart via temp pact by the Captains so Mordo can laugh as he sees his own team get beat down all he wants, just makes it easier.

Ecstasy is taken down by Aquaman's waterbearer hand feeding her until she's tangible then KO'd or by just straight up telepathy. Whatever happens to Mordo while he's inside is as good a guess to you as it is to me, hopefully for you he gets freed to which the combo of Aquaman cancelling out his magic/auto shields, Super Sonic blitzing him to all hell and Bolt being a general nuisance takes him down. Super Skrull isn't really a huge factor considering this is classic jobber Skrull (which to my knowledge was clarified during the draft) and Super Sonic could probably just teleport inside the force field (which shouldn't be too tough that Colossus, Sasquatch and Sand couldn't pound through since it's only a classic Storm level field) tie him up and punt him to the upper limits of the atomsphere meet him up there and smash him through the antarctic.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 06:17 AM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

And just to give an example to those who aren't buying a Herald actually using his speed and strength to a cheesy degree

this is what an average Super Sonic fight looks like to the masses

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=z1fv2.jpg

see the beams of light? That's right that's Super Sonic and a foe who possess the same power up (I think he used a device to amp himself up as well) blitzing each other to all hell.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 06:30 AM
Laminator_X

Oh I see, youre saying that your team and Hulk10's will team up to come after mine. Well by all means do!

When Mordo observes your little conference to set up your truce, my team will invisibly disembark in an out of the way spot long enough to send illusions of us to attack your little love fest. By the time you've "beaten the bad guys" we'll be safely hidden away again and enjoy the overal carnage you described betwean the other two teams.

Then it's back to the 7 on one beat-downs! evil face

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 12:31 PM
King KAM

can i post for hulk10....???

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 12:56 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Oh I see, youre saying that your team and Hulk10's will team up to come after mine. Well by all means do!

When Mordo observes your little conference to set up your truce, my team will invisibly disembark in an out of the way spot long enough to send illusions of us to attack your little love fest. By the time you've "beaten the bad guys" we'll be safely hidden away again and enjoy the overal carnage you described betwean the other two teams.

Then it's back to the 7 on one beat-downs! evil face

Yup because we all know there aren't magic negating telepaths on my team and the Cap's will meet in person to discuss it instead of using said telepath.

Oops my bad there is and they won't.

Last edited by Moses Morrison on Dec 29th, 2006 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 06:08 PM
Laminator_X

That's funny, I somehow missed where telepathy can somehow negate magic. Oh wait, it cant.

These aren't holograms or something that Orin could just spot as not having minds or something. My magical illusions are going to fool whatever senses you've got. Even if that were possable, your E-Meta TP couldn't overcome my Herald's magic in any case.

With enough time some of your characters might be able to spot contradicions in their behavior vs the real deals, but that's time that they won't have. Or was Sonic going to stop and have a chat before pounding everybody?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 06:32 PM
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah what happens when the Waterbearer hand touches your herald level magic illusions again?

And illusions have minds that can be read and not be revealed as an illusion? Since when?

Your team is simply cooked in a team up.

Last edited by Moses Morrison on Dec 29th, 2006 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 06:37 PM
Laminator_X

Originally posted by B dot Rob

And illusions have minds that can be read and not be revealed as an illusion? Since when?

They don't need them, yor character's mind itself is fooled. You're still acting like these are some sort of holograms or something. All illusions are not the same.

quote:

Yeah what happens when the Waterbearer hand touches your herald level magic illusions again?

Why a big hunk of nothing, that's what. Your E-Meta magic item cant beat my Herald-level spell.

quote:

Your team is simply cooked in a team up.

Which is a funny thing to say, as you're entire strategy is built on the premise of you calling the shots for another character's team, and said team completely ignoring yours to come after mine.

For that matter, you've never explained how anyone on either team was actually going to do anything to us, based on my opening move. It's not like you can come punch us or something.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 07:18 PM
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

They don't need them, yor character's mind itself is fooled. You're still acting like these are some sort of holograms or something. All illusions are not the same.

Scans of illusions doing what you say? Everytime I see someone use illusions against telepathy I see a pwned illusionist

Why a big hunk of nothing, that's what. Your E-Meta magic item cant beat my Herald-level spell.

Your character being on a different scale has nothing to do with the effictiveness of the Waterbearer hand on magic, especially considering it has beaten much greater things then some silly illusions which are detectable by TP in the first place.

For that matter, you've never explained how anyone on either team was actually going to do anything to us, based on my opening move. It's not like you can come punch us or something.

Aquaman gives Ecstasy a seizure, everyone in there either dies inside or gets spit out. From then it's rapage. Unless you can prove to me Ecstasy has some form of TP protection.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 07:26 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Vote - Lamintaor_X

Though Hulk10 hasn't posted, it will matter little, as he can hardly form coherent thoughts, much less outdebate either of these two competitors.

As far as they go, however, Laminator has done a much better job on his strategies.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 07:31 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

How considering his strategy is just sipping hot cocoa?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 07:31 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

How considering his strategy is just sipping hot cocoa?

And he can still whip your team, erm.

And, by 'strategy,' I didn't mean write-up, but rather his arguments in the actual 'debate.'

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 07:47 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

How?

Aquaman is able to negate anything Mordo throws at them and effectively take down the most annoying opponent in this thing (Ecstasy) with one good Psi blast.

Same with Super Sonic who could just open up the gate to the silence zone and flood her with the infinite energies of the Chaos Emeralds until she's fed and tangible.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1056/z1xn0.jpg

E-Snow could freeze the Mandarin Jr's rings for Super Sonic to shatter.

Swift could easily rip apart the Fixer.

Lady Shiva and Ult Cap pretty handily over power Raysh and Deadshot in every way imagineable.

Oh and what arguments? Aquaman can't negate the illusions because he's only in the enhanced meta category?

Illusions are able to trick telepaths despite the fact that in the past the opposite can be said?

Ecstasy is untouchable by telepathy even though nothing has been proven to say she is?

Last edited by Moses Morrison on Dec 29th, 2006 at 07:58 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 07:56 PM
Laminator_X

Scans of illusions doing what you say? Everytime I see someone use illusions against telepathy I see a pwned illusionist

Mastermind completely ruining Phoenix and kicking off the Dark Phoenix Saga is the obvious example of telepathy not being a cure-all against illusions.

quote:

Your character being on a different scale has nothing to do with the effictiveness of the Waterbearer hand on magic, especially considering it has beaten much greater things then some silly illusions which are detectable by TP in the first place.

What it's done when not bound by the rules of this tourney is irrelevant. In this match it's can't do what you want it to.

quote:

Aquaman gives Ecstasy a seizure, everyone in there either dies inside or gets spit out. From then it's rapage. Unless you can prove to me Ecstasy has some form of TP protection.

Perhaps you should review the rules. Using telepathy for things like that is specifically forbidden.

Oh, and I sipped cocoa because I could. evil face

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 08:03 PM