KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled

Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
Started by: joelsef

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joelsef
all u people are vampires

Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled

Hey everybody, I dunno if anyone remembers me but I wrote a harry potter story a while back about my version of the sixth book (I sadly never finished that one). I know I'm a bit late on startin my version of the seventh book, seein as how tons of people have already started, but I hope to complete it. Please note that all of the story has come from my own mind, so please don't copy any of it, thanks. I'll hopefully be gettin a first post up sometime this week, cause im almost done rereadin HBP and I want to be sure that I know what direction I want to take the story in. I always write my stories off the top of my head with only a few major plot defining points pre-thought, and it seems to work just fine. so out for the first post of "Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled"!

Just pretend the camera is a wand!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 01:36 AM
joelsef is currently offline Click here to Send joelsef a Private Message Find more posts by joelsef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Slytherin_Gryffindor

u stole my title!!!o well ill get over it...cant wait till u start!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 02:25 AM
~Dark_Dan_Fan~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

sounds cool. cant wait for the first post!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 02:26 AM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

ohh dark dan fan im sorry man i didnt even see your title!! ill pm rex so i can change it, i didnt look hard enough to make sure no one took it, my fault. well, im off to think of another title, thanks for pointing that out. ill start postin soon!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 04:12 PM
joelsef is currently offline Click here to Send joelsef a Private Message Find more posts by joelsef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

yea i just pmed rex to change my title to Harry Potter and the Army of Dumbledore, so that is what the new title will be... sorry again dark dan fan! ill start soon

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 06:22 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I'll be waiting. big grin

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 07:01 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Slytherin_Gryffindor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by joelsef
yea i just pmed rex to change my title to Harry Potter and the Army of Dumbledore, so that is what the new title will be... sorry again dark dan fan! ill start soon

no prob...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 07:22 PM
~Dark_Dan_Fan~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Dark_Dan_Fan~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Can't wait to read it.

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 08:08 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

Harry Potter and the Army of Dumbledore

Chapter One- Another Broken Home

The first thing that Harry Potter noticed as he walked down the red carpeted hall of the homeward bound Hogwarts Express was the absence of a snide remark thrown his way from a compartment on his right. Glancing over his shoulder at the compartment the Slytherins usually took, he noticed that the group seemed unusually solemn without Draco Malfoy in their midst, cracking some cruel joke about the Weasley’s house or about Hermione’s heritage. Crabbe and Goyle were leaning back in their seats, staring emptily into the ceiling as if expecting Malfoy to fall through it. Pansy Parkinson was dabbing her eyes with an ornate handkerchief, and Blaise Zabini was examining his hair in a mirror, making sure that it covered one eye completely. At this, though, Harry could find no pleasure, because although Malfoy was gone for the moment, Albus Dumbledore was gone forever. No spell can reawaken the dead. Harry ruminated on these words Dumbledore himself had told Harry numerous times as he, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, and Luna looked for a compartment that would house all six of them. To no avail, Harry, Ron, and Neville decided to sit with Dean and Seamus, who had miraculously managed to convince his mother to allow him to complete his seventh and final year at Hogwarts. The girls, meanwhile, went to sit with Lavender Brown and Katie Bell, who had just finished her final year at Hogwarts and was glad to be headed home for the summer before she started looking for a job at the Ministry.
“So, how did you do it Seamus?” inquired Ron as he sat down next to Harry in the compartment. Harry laughed to himself as he saw green stains on the wall and knew that this was the cabin in which Neville’s Mimbulus Mimbletonia had erupted with Stinksap during their ride to school at the beginning of their fifth year.
“Well, it wasn’t easy, nearly had to put the Imperius Curse on her. I just told her that I would rather be at school with talented wizards and magic protecting me than at home where its only her who would stand between me and You-Know-Who,” replied Seamus. “I won’t pretend it wasn’t a struggle though, took me nearly two hours to even get me mum to listen to me. Oh well, might not matter huh, seeing as how Hogwarts might not reopen.”
Neville looked at Seamus as though he was trying to single out a single freckle on Seamus’ face. Evidently, Neville had not heard the news that Hogwarts’ reopening was currently up in the air.
“Yea, it’s a right shame,” said Dean shaking his head. “McGonagall said she left it up to the governors after the funeral. Weren’t you paying any attention Neville?”
“I don’t think any of us were Dean,” said Harry quietly. It was the first time he had spoken since boarding the train. His remark had quite ended the conversation, which was started again by Dean several minutes later.
“So, er, Harry, I happened to hear that you and Ginny, well, things didn’t work out?” he asked awkwardly. Ron sucked in air nervously and looked for Harry’s reaction, but his face remained expressionless as he looked up from the floor to Dean.
“Yea,” he replied, and returned to look at the ground, not wishing to talk about the matter any further. He was amazed by how fast word had spread, since he had broken up with her mere hours ago at Dumbledore’s funeral. He hoped Dean would take the hint.
“Well, that’s too bad Harry, but I didn’t really think things would work out anyway, I mean, she was just coming off a long relationship with me, and well, I- OW!” Dean looked over to see who had jabbed him in the ribs and it was Seamus, who was shaking his head. Seamus pointed to Harry with his head, and Dean looked to see tears falling from Harry’s eyes and onto the red carpet of the compartment. Dean appeared to be frustrated with himself as he tried to think of something to say to Harry.
“Look, Harry, I’m sorry, it was just weird y’know? I wasn’t ready at all for our breakup and I guess I’m not over it yet, sorry…” His voice faded hopelessly into nothing as the damp spot below Harry’s head continued to grow. Ron patted Harry on the back, and Harry looked up at them.
“It’s not that,” he said quietly. He stared at each of them as if he was wondering why they weren’t crying as well. “It’s just that… Dumbledore’s gone, and he’s never coming back.” And with that, Harry buried his face in his arms as Ron continued to pat him on the back. The compartment was silent for the next half hour, at which time Harry was still hidden in his arms, while Ron had quit patting Harry’s back and was now staring out the window blankly. Seamus and Dean had fallen asleep, but Neville was growing quite agitated.
“Oh, c’mon Harry! I know it’s sad that he’s gone, but crying like this isn’t going to bring him back. You and I have both experienced hard times in our lives, we’ve both lost our parents and the closest person to a parent, but sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves isn’t going to make things better. We’ve just got to, you know, bounce back and look forward.” He finished the last few words with a tone of uncertainty, as if expecting Harry to jump out of his seat and attack him. Much to his surprise, however, Harry looked up and Neville with a smile and wiped his eyes.
“You’re right, you know,” he said a little more loudly than he had been speaking before. Out of all the people to snap Harry out his horrible sadness, Neville was the last person he would have expected to deliver such a speech. “There’s no good in moping, I’ve got to prepare for my task.”
“What task?” Neville asked, and Harry remembered that he had not told Neville anything Dumbledore had been telling him all year. So Harry spent much of the ride explaining to Seamus, Dean, and Neville what he had to do, with Ron occasionally adding minor details Harry had left out. After he had finished, the three of them looked quite surprised at Harry.
“You’ve got to do all that?”
“With no Dumbledore?”
“And then you have to kill him?”
Harry nodded at all their questions. He felt as though none of them would ever feel the pressure he was feeling at this time; the pressure to save the Wizarding World.
“Well, I hope you don’t think that we’re not going with you!” Neville said proudly, and Harry looked him, Seamus, and Dean.
“You can’t be serious? It’s bad enough that Ron and Hermione have persuaded me to let them come along, I don’t know if taking three more people is such a good idea.”
Seamus snorted loudly. “Oh, so they’re allowed to come, but we’re not? C’mon Harry, we want to help! Voldemort’s our enemy too; we want to help destroy him! Besides, six people are better than three!”
“Seven!” said a voice from the compartment door, and they all looked over to see Ginny in the doorway, who walked into the cramped space followed by Hermione. Following her was Lavender, much to Ron’s displeasure, and Luna; both proceeded to sit on the far from clean floor, which was the only free space in the quarters.

that's all for now, more of chapter one real soon! cool

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 11:03 PM
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

i have said this a million times to a million people. Harry, he doesn't cry his anger out he yells it out. And i don't think Harry would have told His other friends about his quest he would more than likely want to keep it a secret besides the fact that Hermione and Ron know of course but it's good otherwise

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 11:32 PM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

nice post. can't wait for more!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 11:33 PM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Slytherin_Gryffindor

pretty good but as iluvhpsomuch1_7 said he does not cry he yells! but still very good update soon!and also this annoyed me and im very surprised it did cause usually spelling errors dont but its not spelled yea its spelled yeah with an H

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 11:46 PM
joelsef

thanks for the comments, i appreciate all the helpful pointers, and though i respect them, i am going to show you why i did the things i did with the story

yes i know that harry yells his anger out but did i write about him being angry??? in case u didnt notice, i carefully wrote it out so that harry was not angry like he usually might be, trying to blame someone, but that he was quiet and sad and solemn. So of course, when something tragic happens like Dumbledore's death "He clutched the cold locket in his hand so tightly that it hurt, but he could not prevent HOT TEARS SPILLING FROM HIS EYES" (HBP pg 644) (HELLO, HE CRIED!) harry shows emotion. plus he wasnt full out crying, i was careful about that too. it was just tears, just like the quote from HBP above, and when he buried his head in his arms i didnt say "his shoulders shook violently as he bawled", so he wasnt bawling, he was just showing some emotion like he did at the funeral. please know what you're talking about before you use it to critique someones work.

also, theres a reason he told seamus, dean, and neville, but it makes me tell a little about the book, which i dont want to do, but if its a problem you see then ill spill. i dunno if you noticed, but i changed the title to Harry Potter and the Army of Dumbledore. this of course means that there will be an army. duh. although it wont be the exact DA from OOP, it will mostly comprise of Order Members and Harry's friends. harry realizes now that he needs all the help that he can get after neville talks to him about not moping around. he feels that if he has friends by his side then he wont be as afraid (yes harry has fear). while you may disagree with this, and you are welcome to, it is my opinoin that harry will realize that he needs friends. i just wanted to tell you why i wrote what i did so you dont think im one of those people who dont even respond to their reader's contructive criticism.

plus, yeah technically isn't a word, so it can be spelled with or without the "h". i chose without because it was the shortest response harry could have delivered so i felt that it fit better.

now that those are all settled, ill post the next bit later. happy easter everybody! bunny bunny bunny

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 02:36 AM
joelsef

um, sorry if i seemed really angry in that above post. im just having a horrible day. i dont want it to seem like i was yelling at you guys, i just wanted you to know why i wrote what i did. you are completely welcome to say what you want, and i look at all of your contstructive critisisms and make sure to see that i did not make an unwanted mistake. i think its fair that you guys know why i wrote what i did, its the least i can do for you all reading my story big grin so thanks for the pointers, i hope i cleared everything up, sorry for the anger, and goodnight all!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 02:59 AM
Midnight109

That was really good but like iluvhpsomuch said, I still don't think that Harry would tell sSeamus and Dean. Maybe neville.wink

I like it though.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 04:12 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

I've come to realize that iluvhpsomuch1_7 is right. It was stupid to have Harry tell the others, it goes against what dumbledore told him. so in light of this ive rewritten the first part of the chapter, and given it a new title. here we go..

Harry Potter and the Army of Dumbledore

Chapter One- A Very Unwelcome Welcome

The first thing that Harry Potter noticed as he walked down the red carpeted hall of the homeward bound Hogwarts Express was the absence of a snide remark thrown his way from a compartment on his right. Glancing over his shoulder at the compartment the Slytherins usually took, he noticed that the group seemed unusually solemn without Draco Malfoy in their midst, cracking some cruel joke about the Weasley’s house or about Hermione’s heritage. Crabbe and Goyle were leaning back in their seats, staring emptily into the ceiling as if expecting Malfoy to fall through it. Pansy Parkinson was dabbing her eyes with an ornate handkerchief, and Blaise Zabini was examining his hair in a mirror, making sure that it covered one eye completely. At this, though, Harry could find no pleasure, because although Malfoy was gone for the moment, Albus Dumbledore was gone forever. No spell can reawaken the dead. Harry ruminated on these words Dumbledore himself had told Harry numerous times as he, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, and Luna looked for a compartment that would house all six of them. To no avail, Harry, Ron, and Neville decided to sit with Dean and Seamus, who had miraculously managed to convince his mother to allow him to complete his seventh and final year at Hogwarts. The girls, meanwhile, went to sit with Lavender Brown and Katie Bell, who had just finished her final year at Hogwarts and was glad to be headed home for the summer before she started looking for a job at the Ministry.
“So, how did you do it Seamus?” inquired Ron as he sat down next to Harry in the compartment. Harry laughed to himself as he saw green stains on the wall and knew that this was the cabin in which Neville’s Mimbulus Mimbletonia had erupted with Stinksap during their ride to school at the beginning of their fifth year.
“Well, it wasn’t easy, nearly had to put the Imperius Curse on her. I just told her that I would rather be at school with talented wizards and magic protecting me than at home where its only her who would stand between me and You-Know-Who,” replied Seamus. “I won’t pretend it wasn’t a struggle though, took me nearly two hours to even get me mum to listen to me. Oh well, might not matter huh, seeing as how Hogwarts might not reopen.”
Neville looked at Seamus as though he was trying to single out a single freckle on Seamus’ face. Evidently, Neville had not heard the news that Hogwarts’ reopening was currently up in the air.
“Yea, it’s a right shame,” said Dean shaking his head. “McGonagall said she left it up to the governors after the funeral. Weren’t you paying any attention Neville?”
“I don’t think any of us were Dean,” said Harry quietly. It was the first time he had spoken since boarding the train. His remark had quite ended the conversation, which was started again by Dean several minutes later.
“So, er, Harry, I happened to hear that you and Ginny, well, things didn’t work out?” he asked awkwardly. Ron sucked in air nervously and looked for Harry’s reaction, but his face remained expressionless as he looked up from the floor to Dean.
“Yeah,” he replied, and returned to look at the ground, not wishing to talk about the matter any further. He was amazed by how fast word had spread, since he had broken up with her mere hours ago at Dumbledore’s funeral. He hoped Dean would take the hint.
“Well, that’s too bad Harry, but I didn’t really think things would work out anyway, I mean, she was just coming off a long relationship with me, and well, I- OW!” Dean looked over to see who had jabbed him in the ribs and it was Seamus, who was shaking his head. Seamus pointed to Harry with his head, and Dean looked to see tears falling from Harry’s eyes and onto the red carpet of the compartment. Dean appeared to be frustrated with himself as he tried to think of something to say to Harry.
“Look, Harry, I’m sorry, it was just weird y’know? I wasn’t ready at all for our breakup and I guess I’m not over it yet, sorry…” His voice faded hopelessly into nothing as the damp spot below Harry’s head continued to grow. Ron patted Harry on the back, and Harry looked up at them.
“It’s not that,” he said quietly. He stared at each of them as if he was wondering why they weren’t crying as well. “It’s just that… Dumbledore’s gone, and he’s never coming back.” And with that, Harry buried his face in his arms as Ron continued to pat him on the back. The compartment was silent for the next half hour, at which time Harry was leaning against the seat half asleep, while Ron had quit patting Harry’s back and was now staring out the window blankly. Seamus and Dean had fallen asleep, but Neville was growing quite agitated with the gloomy mood that resided in the compartment.
“Oh, c’mon Harry! I know it’s sad that he’s gone, but crying like this isn’t going to bring him back. You and I have both experienced hard times in our lives, we’ve both lost our parents and the closest person to a parent, but sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves isn’t going to make things better. We’ve just got to, you know, bounce back and look forward.” He finished the last few words with a tone of uncertainty, as if expecting Harry to jump out of his seat and attack him. Much to his surprise, however, Harry looked up and Neville with a smile and wiped his eyes.
“You’re right, you know,” he said a little more loudly than he had been speaking before. Out of all the people to snap Harry out his horrible sadness, Neville was the last person he would have expected to deliver such a speech. “There’s no good in moping, I’ve got to prepare for my task.”
“What task?” Neville asked, and Harry remembered that he had not told Neville anything Dumbledore had been telling him all year. Despite the guilt that was splashing around in his stomach, he decided it was for the better that he not inform anyone else about the task at hand.
“It’s nothing Neville, I’m just wondering if there’s anything I can do to make sure that Hogwarts reopens,” he said, hating himself for lying to Neville. Harry knew full well that the odds of returning to Hogwarts for him were slim to none given that he had to find the final four Horcruxes.
Neville looked rather dismayed. “I wish that there was something we all could do to help persuade the governors to reopen the school. Hogwarts is like my- my home, the only place where I had any friends,” remarked Neville a little sheepishly, and Harry smiled weakly at him.
“It’s all up to the Ministry now Neville, and I dunno how much Rufus Scrimgeour likes the school since I told him that I wasn’t going to be the Ministry’s mascot,” he said glumly. Neville seemed desperate to think of a way they could prevent the closure of Hogwarts.
“What if we all stayed on the train, y’know, refused to get off? They couldn’t use magic on us, so they’d have to keep the school open!” To this, Harry shook his head.
“It’s a good idea Neville,” replied Harry untruthfully, “but it’ll never work. We’d have to come off the train sometime, and besides, not enough people would go with it. A lot of parents are worried about their kids, and they’ll most likely come on the train to escort them home.” Neville looked determined to think of a better idea.
“Well, you’re probably right Harry, but if I think of a better idea I’ll send you an owl. Gran promised she’d buy me one after the good marks I got this year,” said Neville, looking very proud of himself. Ron snorted slightly, but pretended to be asleep as he switched positions in the seat.
The trolley lady knocked on the door just then. “Anything from the trolley m’dears?” she asked. Neville reached into his pocket and pulled out a few Sickles.
“Yeah, could I please have a box of Tongue Twister Taffy? Oh, and some Sour Pixy Dust too. Thanks a lot!” he said as the lady handed him the food. Ron had woken up and was now looking at Neville quizzically.
“But Neville, I always thought you hated the, er, spicy variety of food from the trolley? You said that your head almost exploded last time you tried Sour Pixy Dust.”
Neville smiled to himself as he unwrapped the Taffy. “Yeah well, I figure this might be the last time I ride the train, so I might as well try ‘em!” he said trying to sound brave but appeared to be sweating slightly. Dean and Seamus, both with eager looking expressions, were now awake to watch Neville attempt this dangerous feat.
“On the count of three Neville!” said Dean happily as Neville prepared to take a bite of the Taffy that he had covered in Pixy Dust.
“One, two, three!” they all shouted in unison as Neville shoved the Taffy into his mouth. Harry, Ron, Dean, and Seamus all looked at him with curious faces as Neville steadily chewed the Taffy. After what seemed like minutes, Neville finally swallowed the last bit of Taffy and looked right pleased with himself.
“Hey, that wasn’t so- AHHHH!!” The rest of the boys erupted in laughter as Neville’s face turned bright red and attempted to make a stream of water come out of his wand, only to overdo the spell in his haste and cause a flood to gush forth from his wand tip, soaking the whole room and everyone in it.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 04:42 PM
Midnight109

I liked it, but you should press enter to seperate the paragraphs. stick out tongue Makes it easier to read.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 04:46 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~Dark_Dan_Fan~
pretty good but as iluvhpsomuch1_7 said he does not cry he yells! but still very good update soon!and also this annoyed me and im very surprised it did cause usually spelling errors dont but its not spelled yea its spelled yeah with an H

It's a fanfic. It's not going to be perfect to the book, and did you read his first post?

Everyone cries at least once in their life, and so what if Harry cries?

It's fictional it's not like your going to die if he cries

It's really good ^_^

I remember reading your 6th one but never commented i don't think hehe

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 04:51 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Slytherin_Gryffindor

pretty good Update soon!!!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 10:56 PM
joelsef

heres more of chapter one everyone, and sorry midgnight miss i forgot to space out the paragraphs, but ill try and remember for the next one, it just takes up a lottaaaa space in microsoft word stick out tongue

As the train began to slow down, Harry felt his happy mood slowly dissipate. Most of the students were unloading their luggage from the luggage compartment, but Harry felt that the longer he could delay his inevitable departure from the train the longer he was able to feel somewhat happy. Somehow sensing this, the rest of his friends decided not to grab their luggage either, as they were deeply engaged in a competitive game of Exploding Snap.
There was a knock on the compartment door as Ginny, Hermione, and Luna walked into the already cramped quarters. Hermione looked quite displeased with the boys.
“Why haven’t you boys changed out of your dress robes yet? The train’s nearly stopped! Honestly, sometimes I don’t know about you lot,” she said in a very Hermione-ish way.
Ron looked up at her. “Well, d’you expect us to take off our robes with you three in here?” he asked her.
Hermione blushed at the thought and stole a quick glance at Harry, who was laughing at Ron’s remark. “No, no of course not, I fancy keeping my eyesight thank you,” she remarked, holding her head high. Everyone laughed except for Ron, who looked quite displeased with her retort. As usual, no one laughed louder than Luna, who nearly broke the glass with her high pitched shriek.
The train then came to a sudden halt, causing everybody to fall towards the front of the train. Seamus and Dean landed on Ron, who was nearly crushed beneath the combined weight of both of them. Neville and Luna had managed to hold onto the seat, but Hermione was completely taken by surprise and fell over Harry, smacking her head against the wall behind his seat.
“Hermione, are you-” Harry began, scrambling to look at Hermione’s head.
“HARRY, LOOK!” shrieked Ginny in terror as she pointed out the window. But Harry did not have to look out the window to know who was there. As everyone on the bus yelled in terror, he felt an icy cold feeling come over him, filling him up from head to toe. All the happiness he had been feeling on the train vanished, and it appeared to grow darker and darker although the lights in the train stayed lit. After lying Hermione haphazardly on the seat, he scrambled to the window, and then he saw them.
There were hundreds upon hundreds of Dementors floating just outside the train on Platform 9 ¾, all of them facing the train, looking poised to attack. It was as though a giant blanket of black material was enveloping the platform, upon which floated the Dementors, their chilling presence clearly felt throughout the whole train.
“Bloody hell,” whispered Ron hysterically, pushing himself out from Dean and Seamus to get a better look at the horde of Dementors.
“Where is everybody?” screamed Dean, shaking madly in his seat both from cold and fright. “How did they slip past our parents?”
“They must have been here before our parents arrived and sealed off the entrance. What are we going to do?” yelled Ginny through her hands. “Why hasn’t the ministry come yet?”
Harry shook his head angrily. “This is Hogwarts business; I’ll bet Scrimgeour decided that he was to have nothing to do with affairs at Hogwarts, including the train, but in the case of a Dementor attack… what a git! Stay here and take care of Hermione!”
He rushed out into the hallway that was filled with hysterical students of all ages who were jumping up and down in the corridor, screaming for the conductor (who had met a gruesome fate at the hands of a Dementor), huddled into corners, and basically doing anything but keeping their cool, which Harry knew was essential. It was time to take charge.
“Everybody listen up!!!” shouted Harry as loud as he could, but he could not be heard over the pandemonium. ‘I’ve never tried this,’ thought Harry as he placed his wand to his throat. He had seen Dumbledore and Fudge both do it to increase the volume of their voices significantly. Now was a perfect time to test it out. Placing the wand to his throat, Harry tried again to get the crowd’s attention.
“EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!” he yelled, and was almost taken aback by how loud his voice had become; it was much louder than expected. Everyone turned to stare at him, some excited, some nervous, most annoyed by the volume and were covering their ears. “UM, THANKS. I KNOW I’M NOT ONE OF THE TEACHERS, BUT I NEED EVERYONE WHO WAS FROM THE D.A. LAST YEAR TO COME OUTSIDE WITH ME AND FIGHT OFF THE DEMENTORS, AND EVERYONE ELSE I WANT IN THE LUGGAGE CAR NOW! WE DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME, SO HURRY!”
He half expected everyone to ignore his advice, but to his surprise, most of the students began moving towards the back of the train where the luggage was stored. Coming the other way were a few members of the D.A., and Harry was a little disappointed at the turnout until he realized that six of them were in the compartment behind him, plus Seamus. Stopping in front of him was Lavender Brown, carefully avoiding Ron’s eye, Colin and Dennis Creevey whom Harry had not seen for a few years, Ernie Macmillan, and Justin Finch-Fletchley. The rest had either graduated or run off to the luggage compartment in fright of the mass of Dementors gliding slowly towards the stopped train.
“WELL, GOOD THEN,” said Harry, looking around at all of them.
“Harry!” screamed Ginny, pointing to his wand, which Harry realized was still at his throat. Pulling it down with embarrassment, he quickly looked out the window to see the Dementors drawing ever closer.
“Sorry,” he remarked, “Now, does everyone still remember how do produce the Patronus Charm?”
Everyone nodded, except for Dennis Creevey who was just as tall as Harry’s shoulders and so pale he could have been a ghost.
“Dennis, go to the luggage compartment, we don’t wanna risk anymore people than we have to,” Harry said to him, and Dennis scurried away towards the end of the train, nearly tripping over his shoelaces.
“Harry, what about Hermione?” asked Ron in a voice Harry had last heard when they were standing in front of Hagrid’s giant monster Aragog. Harry instantly felt a wave of shame spread through his entire body: how could he have forgotten Hermione, who was still lying across the seats, unconscious.
“Ron, will you take her to the back, we can’t just leave her here,” Harry said quickly, nervously gazing outside at the Dementors who seemed to be close to entering the front of the train. Nodding, Ron scooped up Hermione and ran for the luggage car. Harry tore his gaze away from the figures of Ron and Hermione sprinting away, and looked at the small army he had amassed. “Right then, we all ready? Remember to think happy thoughts, ok? Let’s go, for Dumbledore!”

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 01:06 AM