KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » "Nacho Libre" (Hess Bros. Project)

"Nacho Libre" (Hess Bros. Project)
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Nacho Libre" (Hess Bros. Project)

Nacho Libre

quote:

Raised in the monastery where he is now the cook, Nacho finds a way to earn money for the holy place by wrestling, even though it is strictly forbidden by the church elders. Naturally, Nacho isn't acting out of purely altruistic measures, as he wishes to help Sister Encarnacion, a beautiful Mexican nun who has recently arrived at the monastery.

It's written and directed by the Hess brothers who brought us "Napoleon Dynamite", and it's starring Jack Black, due in 2006.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 05:09 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

I just heard about this one. I think it could be pretty funny. Btwn Jack Black and the Napoleon Dynamite guys, sounds like a good combo to me. Have you heard any other recent news about it?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 01:47 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I disliked "Napoleon Dynamite", although I am a huge fan of JB's. So I'll be seeing this.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 03:08 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

yeah, i bet a lot of JB fans see this one just for him.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 10:12 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Jack Black is histerical is just about every comedy he is in.

The only comedy I can think of where he isn't funny, is "The Cable Guy".

I'll be seeing this.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 10:14 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll wait till dvd, didn't think much of Napoleon Dynamite.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 10:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Big fan of Napoleon Dynamite and I think Jack Black is okay. Definitely sounds like an interesting movie. I think I'll watch this.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2005 02:17 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Oh, I just saw the trailer for this...It looks good. I love it when Jack Black goes loco, ese.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 03:12 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

*bump

been subscribing to the podcasts for this movie and they're pretty cool. saw the trailer in the theater and laughed my ass off.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 09:58 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

This will go up there with Jack Black's other fine works such as Shallow Hal and Envy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 12:39 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
This will go up there with Jack Black's other fine works such as Shallow Hal and Envy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's had better. sick

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 01:02 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Wolfie

This looks much more promising then those two releases.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 01:32 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by DarkWizard
He's had better. sick

I know. I'm just saying a movie starring Jack Black from the creators of Napoleon Dynamite looks like a disaster in the making.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 01:58 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systemshock2

Best part in the trailer was when he's showing off his new clothes to that nun, and then he flexes his butt cheeks into a wedgie. Awesome stuff. This movie will be so much fun to see. Can't wait until it comes out.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:11 AM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I hope this movie doesn't turn out to be a piece of shit.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:20 AM
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Originally posted by systemshock2
Best part in the trailer was when he's showing off his new clothes to that nun, and then he flexes his butt cheeks into a wedgie. Awesome stuff. This movie will be so much fun to see. Can't wait until it comes out.

that parts hilarious. at first i thought the nun was penelope cruz, but it's not.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:15 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Ignoring all the bad reviews and the advise of my buddies to skip Nacho Libre....I still went to see it.

All my spectations sunk during the film.

I was hoping to get a little history of the Mexican Luchadores from 70's like Santo and Blue Demon or other icons....Of course that is not what the film is about. It's about a guy who puts on a mask and tries to save an orphanage....pretty noble right? Well, sure it is...but it completely collapse.

What you get instead is Jack Black (in his typical clumsy characters) falling down, crashing into things, looking like an idiot, hitting his head...etc..etc...there was a sense of friendship and stuff with the pretty looking nun...but that just didn't fit in to be honest. It was just out of place. Very disappointed...I really wanted this movie to take off....but it just use the usual fart jokes to try and balance itself...just wasn't enough.

WD awards Nacho Libre

2 out of 5

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 07:31 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I was pretty disappointed myself. It is just filled with jokes. Some are really funny but others are just really not even funny. They really lowered the film in my mind.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 12:53 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

Jack Black playing a Hispanic? Some funny shit.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 03:59 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Have you seen it or are you just going off the trailer?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 08:24 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote