KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Space Pirates(Metroid) vs. Covenant(Halo)

Space Pirates(Metroid) vs. Covenant(Halo)
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Space Pirates(Metroid) vs. Covenant(Halo)

While it's pretty much agreed that Samus>Master Chief but what about the forces that they fight against? This will be an all out galactic war. Anything that has ever been on one of the sides will be allowed to be used in this debate. In example even tho the last Pirate Elites and Omega Pirate are dead I will allow them to be used. I personally believe Space Pirates will win. Now debate.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 07:50 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I really don't know much about the Space Pirates. Didn't play MP2 or any other Metroid after the first gamecube title(which was awesome)

The Covenant are a force to reckon with, but they are also gullible. They also have terrible strategic minds when it comes to land fighting(the marines actually outclass them in this regard) However their technology is uber. They can pretty much glass a planet without trying.

Can the Space Pirates pull something like that off?

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I'm not a huge SP expert but they have huge fleets and have extremely advanced tech. They have found ways using phazon(I think that's what it's called) to mutate and enhance the strength of ordinary pirates. They also have made technology that can warp through space(not outer space, the OTHER space) to teleport and use it while fighting. They have cloaking tech that is IMO superior to that of the Covenant.

While the Covenant have poor land-based military; they have tremendous fleet-wars strategies and the humans have a hard time making it out of any encounter in space alive.

Do the Space Pirates have planet busting capabilities?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 20th, 2007 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 08:09 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not a huge SP expert but they have huge fleets and have extremely advanced tech. They have found ways using phazon(I think that's what it's called) to mutate and enhance the strength of ordinary pirates. They also have made technology that can warp through space(not outer space, the OTHER space) to teleport and use it while fighting. They have cloaking tech that is IMO superior to that of the Covenant.
big grin

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 08:12 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The Covenant are great when dealing with fleets, but the Space Pirates would inevitably bring the battle planetside.

There, the Pirates would be fully capable of deploying any of their bioengineered genetic experiments, and most likely a cadre or two of captured Metroids. The Metroids alone could probably devastate a large portion of the Covenant forces on their own.

I think it'd be a great battle to see. The Pirates would eventually win.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 01:16 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

In terms of individual soldier strength, I say SP are better. There normal units have both blasters for ranged combat and scythes for melee. Metroids would pose a real problem for them as they would have no way to get them off of them like Samus does. Also the heavy troops on each side, Elite Pirates for SP and Hunters for Covenant, the Elites have more available weapons and are larger and maybe stronger.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 02:10 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Kaliero
The Covenant are great when dealing with fleets, but the Space Pirates would inevitably bring the battle planetside.

The Covenant don't role that way. Rather, they prefer to avoid landside battles and just glass the planet. Either way, the Covenant win.

The Covenant win because, (This is general consensus) The Covenant own the skies. Whoever owns the skies owns the battlefield, which is why despite the SPARTANS effectiveness the UNSC loses almost every battle, wither or not the Covenant lose on the ground or not is irrelevant, as they're going to just glass the planet anyway.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 02:56 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Space Pirates have the better tech, soldiers, and their leaders don't consist of senile aliens who are too lazy to walk.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 03:12 AM
judgement hand
Back from social life

the pirates sick Kraid on the covenant and Kraid gets a light snack

~the snacking hand of judgement

*Hitomi power up!!* (nice one ice jaw!!)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 03:59 AM
judgement hand is currently offline Click here to Send judgement hand a Private Message Find more posts by judgement hand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

V2D, Judgement Hand, I'm just curious. have either of you read the halo Novels?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 04:27 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Are the novels the games?

Is this the book vs. forum?

It was established long ago, back in the epic Samus vs. Chief thread, that for the intents and purposes of this forum the Halo novels are irrelevant.

And thanks to Judgement mentioning Kraid... what about Ridley? He could burn his way through plenty of the Covenant on his own.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 04:18 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Covenant.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 04:38 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

It was established long ago, back in the epic Samus vs. Chief thread, that for the intents and purposes of this forum the Halo novels are irrelevant.

Simply because the novels are not games themselves does not mean at all that they should be considered irrelevant.
The games spawned the books, which provide more background information than simply the games themselves.

We're talking the characters in games vs characters in other games, Kaliero, not the actual games themselves. Fictional video game character vs. another. Any source of information, providing it is legitimate and approved by the game creators themselves, is viable. I wouldn't dispute your ability to use the Metroid graphic novel, for instance, to provide a better background and technical info on Samus's abilities.

If they are moot to you, then you'd better have a very good reason why.

quote:
And thanks to Judgement mentioning Kraid... what about Ridley? He could burn his way through plenty of the Covenant on his own.

I somehow doubt that he can survive repeated plasma bombardment from a convoy of Wraiths.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 04:41 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

There, the Pirates would be fully capable of deploying any of their bioengineered genetic experiments, and most likely a cadre or two of captured Metroids. The Metroids alone could probably devastate a large portion of the Covenant forces on their own.

I think it'd be a great battle to see. The Pirates would eventually win.

Like the Covenant would be stupid enough to fight on the planet if they know they can't win. This is what happens a lot between the marines and the Covenant. The marines would be capable of holding back the Covenant so they would retreat to their fleet and just nuke the entire planet.

I say the Covenant easily outnumbers the Space Pirates.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 05:11 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Covenant fleets FTW

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 05:16 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
V2D, Judgement Hand, I'm just curious. have either of you read the halo Novels?
Nope.smile But let me ask you was I wrong when I said the covenants leaders consist of senile old men?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:00 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

They know nothing of the Great Journey.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:02 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ESB -1138
I say the Covenant easily outnumbers the Space Pirates.
How? The Space Pirates suffer defeat after defeat from Samus and stuff but are still strong. And even if that's true the singular units are stronger than the singular covenant units. And when it comes to a space fight I'm pretty sure Ridley by himself could probably take out one ship by his damn self. If they were to let loose Metroids on a ship then everyone who was on that ship would die except for possibly the Hunters(because since they're immune to the Flood they may be immune to Metroids).

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:05 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Xenogears
They know nothing of the Great Journey.
It involves killing all life in the galaxy. Least that's what will happen if they do activate Halo. Which starts the "Great Journey."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:06 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bah

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:27 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

How? The Space Pirates suffer defeat after defeat from Samus and stuff but are still strong. And even if that's true the singular units are stronger than the singular covenant units. And when it comes to a space fight I'm pretty sure Ridley by himself could probably take out one ship by his damn self. If they were to let loose Metroids on a ship then everyone who was on that ship would die except for possibly the Hunters(because since they're immune to the Flood they may be immune to Metroids).

The Covenant are not as weak as you make them out to be. Because the Master Chief managed to kill hordes of Covenant does not make them weaklings. Oh and congrats Ridley MAY be able to take out one ship but he only has another billion to go. Samus alone is capable of killing Ridley so you throw in billions of Brutes, Hunters, Elites, Grunts, Jackals, and Drones Ridley would get WTFpwned.

And the Flood managed to overrun a small group of Covenant. When it comes down to the full Covenant force the Flood (and Metroids) wouldn't stand a slight chance.

And really how many Space Pirates has Samus killed throughout her games? I doubt they equal the amount Master Chief has killed in the two Halo games alone and yet the Covenant still holds a number to great to count.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 08:06 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote