KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Return of Brock

Return of Brock
Started by: Redatom65

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Return of Brock

quote:
NYCC 07: The Real Venom Will Stand Up
Eddie Brock returns.
by Richard George
February 24, 2007 - Life just hasn't been the same without Eddie Brock. Best known for his wicked, demonic alter ego Venom, Brock disappeared from the pages a couple years ago. The "anti-Peter Parker" was diagnosed with having a brain tumor.

The symbiote suit that creates Venom has switched hands a couple times since Brock willingly surrendered and auctioned the suit. A lowly gangster, Angelo Fortunato, obtained the creature before falling to his death. The symbiote then found Mac Gargan, formerly known as the Scorpion, who has been Venom ever since.

However fans have always identified Venom as being Eddie Brock. Brock has more history with Peter Parker and Spider-Man, having worked at the Daily Bugle. When his career was ruined, he found a common spirit in the symbiote. The two merged to become one of Spider-Man's greatest foes.

So will fans ever see the true Venom return to comic books? The answer is a resounding yes. Eddie Brock is slated to return to haunt Spidey in the pages of Sensational Spider-Man. What his exact mission will be or what the circumstances around his return will be are unknown. It is also unknown if Brock will attempt to take the symbiote back from Gargan, who is currently a member of the Thunderbolts, or if he'll acquire a different symbiote from somewhere else.

Spider-Man's life has been incredibly tumultuous in recent months. Between The Other, Civil War and the causes of "Back in Black," Spidey's life has been a rollercoaster through Hell. Venom's return to prominence is certainly not going to make things any better. Be sure to stay tuned to IGN for the latest on Spider-Man, his movies and, of course, Venom.

-IGN

mad

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 10:54 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

uh, so......Reign?

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 11:02 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

just in time for the movie to. roll eyes (sarcastic)

meh.

sort of hoped we would get at least a few more appearances by gargan venom to see what Ellis could do with him. Really wanted to see if he could manage to write a symbiote I didn't get bored with. But if it's back to the same old venom i think I'll pass.

sig by willRules

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 11:13 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

you guys don't like brock???

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 11:25 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jgiant
you guys don't like brock???

I liked how Gargan-Venom had shiny eyer

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 11:42 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I liked Brock-Venom because of his odd take on morality .... and I liked the Scorpion, when he wasn't written as a joke character, he was definitely in the top 10 of Spider-Man's most dangerous villains (and one of only a handful that Spider-Man was genuinely scared of) ... but somehow, Scorpion-Venom just never lived up to his potential.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 11:51 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

scorp venom has always felt like a disaster to me

its either brock or no one

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:00 AM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I believe I speak for a few people here when I say this. WOO HOO! eek! This is the first thing Marvel has done (as regards Marvel Earth) in a while that I like. And it's about ****ing time. big grin Eddie Brock has always been the rightful and best host of the Venom symbiote. I will relish this and I might ACTUALLY BUY THE COMIC. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:01 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I believe I speak for a few people here when I say this. WOO HOO! eek! This is the first thing Marvel has done (as regards Marvel Earth) in a while that I like. And it's about ****ing time. big grin Eddie Brock has always been the rightful and best host of the Venom symbiote. I will relish this and I might ACTUALLY BUY THE COMIC. stick out tongue

Agreed. For me, Eddie brock is the ONLY Venom.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:03 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I just hope they don't decide to undo all his character development and have him just want to kill Spider-Man again ... I'm bored with that.

erm

Hell ... Brock-Venom would make a decent Thunderbolt.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:03 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

no one else is reading Reign? sad

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:06 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

noone stays gone in marvel. no So uncreative. It's like letting xmeat write for the hulk

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:12 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by Redatom65
noone stays gone in marvel. no So uncreative. It's like letting xmeat write for the hulk
Brock was never confirmed dead yes

i think he say Peter unmask himself

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:14 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

but he gave up the costume and was last seen, what was it slitting his wrists in an ally? He was dying. Marvel's goin to make up quite a stroy for this

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:15 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Redatom65
but he gave up the costume and was last seen, what was it slitting his wrists in an ally? He was dying. Marvel's goin to make up quite a stroy for this

He was found with his wrists cut ... no-one ever said he died, people survive that all the time, cancer can go into remission .... there are lots of reasons he would still be around.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:45 AM
thundercracker
takin a piss

Originally posted by Scoobless
Hell ... Brock-Venom would make a decent Thunderbolt. [/B]

with his twited sense of morality on a team basis would be very entertaining

and its about time brock came back big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:05 AM
thundercracker is currently offline Click here to Send thundercracker a Private Message Find more posts by thundercracker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by jasonk3
I liked how Gargan-Venom had shiny eyer

shiny eyes are awesome. Makes him look more sinister.

sig by willRules

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:09 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I guess "Back in Black" could hopefully apply to Brock as well.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:50 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I guess "Back in Black" could hopefully apply to Brock as well.
naaaaaaaah

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 05:00 AM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest

thumb up So TOTALLY agreed!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:31 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote