KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Etrigan The Demon Vs Atrocitus

Etrigan The Demon Vs Atrocitus
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Etrigan The Demon Vs Atrocitus

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 09:36 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Atrocitus on average, IMO

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 09:55 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Ditto

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 10:05 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As of now, Atro definitely wins.

However, they are, imo, touting N52 Etrigan to be more powerful than he was in previous continuity. He's been confirmed (in 2 different issues now) as one of the mystical beings that battled Cain thousands of years ago (and N52 Cain is a BEAST.) That said, I could see Etrigan displaying power that puts him above Atro, down the road.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 10:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

However, they are, imo, touting N52 Etrigan to be more powerful than he was in previous continuity. He's been confirmed (in 2 different issues now) as one of the mystical beings that battled Cain thousands of years ago (and N52 Cain is a BEAST.) That said, I could see Etrigan displaying power that puts him above Atro, down the road.
I agree, Etrigan wins easily

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 10:43 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

True.

Meanwhile Atrocitus has weakened due to a lack of rage following Krona's death and the destruction of the central battery. However even in a near dead state he ripped through space/time to reach Stormwatch HQ in hyperspace.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 10:45 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Atrocitus

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 02:56 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

The red lantern

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 03:05 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doon

I'm going to say Etrigan since I have no idea who Atrocitus is. =)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 03:09 AM
Doon is currently offline Click here to Send Doon a Private Message Find more posts by Doon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ColossusGrundy
Zatanna's body pillow

Pre-reboot Etrigan was shown several times to be on or near pre-reboot Supes' level in power and durability. he one-punched Supes to the moon and took it to Lobo (and took what Lobo could dish out) in a great series.

New 52 Etrigan is supposed to be more powerful with a lot more potential, while Atroc is a bit nerfed.

I don't think Atroc will affect the demon with much more than constructs, and those are suspect against someone of Etrigan's strength and with the hellfire attack.

Etrigan wins 7/10 now and 10/10 in the future.

Top hat not required.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 05:30 AM
ColossusGrundy is currently offline Click here to Send ColossusGrundy a Private Message Find more posts by ColossusGrundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Pre-reboot Etrigan was shown several times to be on or near pre-reboot Supes' level in power and durability. he one-punched Supes to the moon and took it to Lobo (and took what Lobo could dish out) in a great series.

New 52 Etrigan is supposed to be more powerful with a lot more potential, while Atroc is a bit nerfed.

I don't think Atroc will affect the demon with much more than constructs, and those are suspect against someone of Etrigan's strength and with the hellfire attack.

Etrigan wins 7/10 now and 10/10 in the future.
In the mid 90s he was near Supes level, by the early/mid 2000s he was more of an annoyance to Superman.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 07:20 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackWind

Could you elaborate a bit on this please. I'm behind in Demon Knights. How powerful of the new Etrigan?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 03:17 PM
BlackWind is currently offline Click here to Send BlackWind a Private Message Find more posts by BlackWind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Juntai
In the mid 90s he was near Supes level, by the early/mid 2000s he was more of an annoyance to Superman.
realistically speaking Etrigan was a demon who was able to at least contend in the same arena as Morgaine and Merlin as he was someone Merlin felt could deal with her or at least be a significant force against her. So that gives him some extra credit in my book.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 11:32 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote