KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » What is your sig making inspiration?

What is your sig making inspiration?
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

What is your sig making inspiration?

To the few that make sigs and I guess people who use sigs in general. I just had a few questions.

For the sig makers: When you are creating a signature for someone what do you do to create it? Do you take inspiration from art to make it or do you use vague styles melded into one? Like mixing abstract art and minimalism?

And for people who have sigs. What do you look for in a sig?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2016 01:50 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

If I'm making a sig for someone else I usually ask them to provide a couple of images for me to start with. If I'm making one for myself, I usually think up a concept first and then just see where it goes, I also like refining and exploring styles and approaches over multiple signatures (my current and last sigs are examples of that that I'm actually fairly proud of). Mixing abstract art and minimalism is definitely something I enjoy doing. I like approaching each sig differently, seeing what works for the individual piece. Sometimes I find just one image can be edited even just lightly to create a good sig, sometimes a great sig can be made from countless images with heavy editing. I'm not actually that good at digital art generally but I find the limitations of signature sizes, particularly on KMC, is a way of working that I can really get into. Plus you can use whatever images you like without fearing copyright issues.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 09:23 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Boredom.
Making sigs kills time, when i'm not doing much of anything/anything online. Granted most of mine are hella crappy, but i have fun making them.
I made my current sig a few days ago, and am actually quite pleased with it. We'll see how long it lasts. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 01:02 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

riv u got some good ones tho...

basically boredom for me too. ive never made a sig for someone else.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 05:17 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

basically im reading comics online and I come across a box with decent word bubbles and I have a eureka.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 02:11 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mamok60643

This signature forum has shared an amazing post. This is a very beneficial and amazing and useful blog. This esign is very helpful in making a business signature via CocoSign with special offers. All the necessary information is obvious from here.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2020 04:34 AM
mamok60643 is currently offline Click here to Send mamok60643 a Private Message Find more posts by mamok60643 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote