KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Would The Matrix have been better If there where no sequals.

Would The Matrix have been better If there where no sequals.
Started by: Grand Moff Gav,

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

Would The Matrix have been better If there where no sequals.

Discuss

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:40 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

it would have been better if there were no matrix

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:10 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

Well then why are you on this thread?

I think that the second movie is the best of the three. So I say that it was good to make them. If they did not make three everyone would have been mad that they did not fallow up on the story is it was a no win kind of thing if you ask me.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:41 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gentmax

Hmmm. I personally didn't like the 2nd one. After seeing all of them I wished they had left it alone with just one. But if they had done that then, I may have wanted a sequel. Kind of a paradox thing going on.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:57 PM
gentmax is currently offline Click here to Send gentmax a Private Message Find more posts by gentmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

I would have liked it if they left it at the first film.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:59 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

I don't know for sure no expression

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:29 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

This place is liked a ****ing broken record.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:14 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Not really...wasn't that great to begin with...so I didn't mind the Sequels.....

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:12 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I agree Reloaded was the best.

2 & 3 were good...

The first left me hanging too much, so yes they should have.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:26 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Korri
This place is liked a ****ing broken record.

Yeah, the same old sh*... erm

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 10:51 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Perhaps the matreix thread should close i am not in here often

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 08:42 AM
DirectorFitz

The Matrix sequels were inevitable. Seeing as how the Wachowski brothers saw how much money spawned from the first installment.

But, the sequels should've been as thought-provoking as the first. There wasn't anything to boggle the ming in Reloaded/Revolutions. Mostly just a lot of dialogue and eye candy effects to keep you hooked into the Matrix(no pun intended), so you would buy the soundtrack, The Animatrix, and Enter the Matrix.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 05:16 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

That is where you are wrong DirectorFitz. The Matrix was always conceived as a trilogy. the Wachowski Bros, had written The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, and Matrix Revolutions years before they were made into movies. They wrote all three stories on yellow notepads. When the Wachowski's pitched the trilogy to the WB, they liked it and they wanted to do the whole trilgoy, but they were unsure if it would be successful. So they told them that if the Matrix was a hit, they would greenlight Reloaded and Revloutions. I think the reason the sequals were not well received is because of the marketing of the sequals, and the loss of Lorenzo Di Boniventura, the man in charge of the WB at the time the first matrix movie was made. When the WB fired him, they made a big mistake.

Last edited by vader519 on Jul 20th, 2005 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:15 AM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

The cult fandom of the Original matrix would have been sustained if there were no sequals. The problem with the second two movies was that they were trying to appeal to an MTV audience. the fact is, MTV ruins everything sacred.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 10:36 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I might be the only on here that thinks this but I loved the sequals as well as the 1st one.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 03:56 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

Your not the only one DarthLazious. I loved all three movies. It is one of the greatest trilogy of our time visucally and box office wise.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:44 AM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

I like the 1st the best

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 07:15 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vader519
Your not the only one DarthLazious. I loved all three movies. It is one of the greatest trilogy of our time visucally and box office wise.

evil face

Well I'm glad not to be the only one who thinks so.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 06:08 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wild_7
Wild Seven Terrorist

The first matrix is by far the greatest, then Revolution and Reloaded far far far behind.

What made the first matrix the best? dodging bullets! pretty much the first time we've all seen bullet time sfx at its best! and i think lastly that the fact that agents are hugely feared made it better.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:52 PM
Wild_7 is currently offline Click here to Send Wild_7 a Private Message Find more posts by Wild_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Yes. no expression

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:00 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote