KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Nick Fury or Tony Stark

Nick Fury or Tony Stark
Started by: Pyron_Knight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Nick Fury or Tony Stark

Which one did a better job as Director of SHIELD? Well IM is still in the position but based on what he's done so far, compare these two.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 01:58 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Nick Fury

I'm typing this on itouch.

So we've established me = win. smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 09:55 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Fury has the longer track record. And all he wanted to do was keep things in order.
But there's something wrong about Tony Stark with all this power. He wants to help the world, but that smooth smile has the feeling of a benevolent dictator, shaping things to his satisfaction. Like Carol Danvers remarked at the end of the recent Ultron storyline (finding out Tony has secret satellites to control weather) - "You're not the King of the World, Tony. And they'll hang you out one day for going too far."

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 07:43 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

stark's technology has made s.h.i.e.l.d. better, [arguably, given the stark tech virus the skrulls unleashed,] by leaps and bounds. fury had cool shit working, but stark's got teams of iron commandos who can detect micro-nukes. he's keeping s.h.i.e.l.d. in step with, if not well ahead of, the terrorist aggressions they fight. that's good.

i still like nick fury better and think of s.h.i.e.l.d. as his baby, but stark's doing a good job. engineering the hijacking of the U.N. or whatever in order to complete a mission? bad-to-the-ass.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 08:11 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disappear
stark's technology has made s.h.i.e.l.d. better, [arguably, given the stark tech virus the skrulls unleashed,] by leaps and bounds. fury had cool shit working, but stark's got teams of iron commandos who can detect micro-nukes. he's keeping s.h.i.e.l.d. in step with, if not well ahead of, the terrorist aggressions they fight. that's good.

i still like nick fury better and think of s.h.i.e.l.d. as his baby, but stark's doing a good job. engineering the hijacking of the U.N. or whatever in order to complete a mission? bad-to-the-ass.

Agreed and I think (like you pretty much said) There's something about Fury. He's meant to be head of SHIELD. Stark is a genius and he adds soo much to SHIELD, but he's not in the same league as Fury in terms of planning and organising a worldwide police taskforce. A good example of this is the subsequent appearances of Iron-man in Cap's title after Cap's death. Tony appears to be struggling to maintain the organization and Dr Faustus along with several rogue SHIELD agents are able operate under Stark's nose. Even Bucky manages to get onto the Helicarrier and stalemates Stark.

Plus in Mighty Avengers #12 Nick Fury easily invades and escapes from the Helicarrier. Sure Maria Hill, not Stark, was Director at the time, but there's something sooo badass about that makes Fury more James-Bond-esque than the Billionaire playboy, Tony Stark. I loved it when Maria Hill took over for a change of pace and I loved Civil War so it was cool to see Stark in charge, but in my mind Nick Fury's meant to be in charge of SHIELD.

Last edited by willRules on Sep 27th, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 11:01 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote