KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What type of characters do you all enjoy?

What type of characters do you all enjoy?
Started by: capt it up

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

What type of characters do you all enjoy?

I personally enjoy underdogs I have realized over time that most of my favorit characters tend to be the underdogs.

for example my favorit naruto character is rocklee

My favorit DBZ character is Krillin

My favorit yu yu hakishu character is kuwabara.

My favorit comic book character is wolverine

My second favorit comic character is spiderman

My favorit dragon lance character is Flint who is always being underrated.

I seem to have a thing for underdogg type characters howabout the rest of you?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 10:42 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinkus Mayhem
Lord of Chaos and Despair

Most of the characters I like are villains, the darker and more disturbed the better IMO. I do also like heroes who are troubled, and not the ones like Batman or Wolverine who we know will always be the hero, I like a guy who seems like he is walking the edge and is about to snap (and sometimes does).

Basically any character who have to deal with moral conflicts, guilt, anger, etc....is alright in my book.

Sig by Quincy, the Dark Knight of Signatures!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 11:12 AM
Dinkus Mayhem is currently offline Click here to Send Dinkus Mayhem a Private Message Find more posts by Dinkus Mayhem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I like the villians and charaters that have interesing motivations or abnormal psych profiles.

Ex:

Bleach I like Aizen
TMOHS I like Yuki
Comics I like most of Batman's rogues gallery
Naruto I like Garra

Mostly I think a character's reasons for what they do are facinating.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 11:27 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I like a lot of characters who have really badass powers/abilities but are hampered by terrible comic books. Characters like Azrael and Damage who are very interesting characters who are get stuck playing second fiddle to someone else and never get to be developed or are constantly stuck in shitty comic stories.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 11:40 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I like the ethereal, above good and evil types. Like the Celestials for example.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 12:03 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most charcters with pseudo scientific explanations for their powers, and generally appear in sci-fi esq comics. smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 03:06 PM
Donkey Punch is currently offline Click here to Send Donkey Punch a Private Message Find more posts by Donkey Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

I love deeply psychological, angsty characters who aren't clear cut heroes. I also like it when a character has some unsolved mysteries and lots of seperate components to make him or her somewhat multi-interpretable and layered. I don't particularly care about power set, though it helps if the powers/abilities are inherently connected to the character's very being.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 05:57 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I personally enjoy reading stories about time travel in comics.

So some of my favorite characters/artifacts are those which can control time, to either small scale or large scale degrees.

Characters such as:

Hourman Android
Extant
Metron
Waverider

Items such as:

The Worlogog
The Time Gem
The Mobius Chair

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 06:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Weird characters

Power's that work in abstract or counter intuitive ways

Magic is somewhat cool, though new age style mysticism just drives me bonkers

its funny, I could probably list the things I don't normally like in characters with greater ease than the things I do...

mostly though, I like characters that don't choose things. I like the idea of people at the mercy of an ever malevolent set of circumstances. Or people who, through no action of their own, acquire mass power. The psychology in these situations is much more appealing to me than the simple "protect because I'm good mentality".

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 06:35 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Characters written in a deconstructionist way. Often breaking conventions like Tom Strong or Nexus.

-FO!!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 06:38 PM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
Most of the characters I like are villains, the darker and more disturbed the better IMO. I do also like heroes who are troubled, and not the ones like Batman or Wolverine who we know will always be the hero, I like a guy who seems like he is walking the edge and is about to snap (and sometimes does).

Basically any character who have to deal with moral conflicts, guilt, anger, etc....is alright in my book.

totally agree the evil the better,plus raw power and aggression.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 06:51 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Well written ones.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 07:01 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: What type of characters do you all enjoy?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by capt it up
I personally enjoy underdogs I have realized over time that most of my favorit characters tend to be the underdogs.

for example my favorit naruto character is rocklee

My favorit DBZ character is Krillin

My favorit yu yu hakishu character is kuwabara.

My favorit comic book character is wolverine

My second favorit comic character is spiderman

My favorit dragon lance character is Flint who is always being underrated.

I seem to have a thing for underdogg type characters howabout the rest of you?

1. LT
2. Celestials
3. GR
4. Wolverine/Hulk
5. Batman
6. Galactus
7. Spectre
8. Superman
9. GL
10 Firestorm

Guy222

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 07:51 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

I tend to be with the heroes but not the "perfect ones" . I like my heroes to be conflicted.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 08:21 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Differs,

DC
Batman
Superman
Krypto
Captain Marvel
Lobo
....too many to name them all wink.

Marvel
Wolverine
Magneto
Spiderman
Captain America
Psylocke
...... the same as DC, there are too many.

Dark Sun

Rikus
Nok
Hamanu
Pavek
Neeva
.... I could name more but you probably won't know them sad.

Angel Sanctuary

Kira
Kurai
Setsuna
Uriel
.... etc.

Final Fantasy

Squall
Rinoa
Edea
Cloud
Tifa
and more, FF VII, VIII, X, X-2.

I could do this all day long stick out tongue, but I better stop.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 08:24 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Badass, flawed, avenging, true dealers of justice like Punisher, Hulk, Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. Guys like that. I also like villians cuz they are badass all the time, Like Doomsday, Joker. Ohh and Vegeta and Frieza from DBZ...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 08:48 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like the characters that at first glance seem like they aren't very deep, but once you start peeling away layers you see that there is alot more to them than meets the eye...

the leaders like cyclops and superman... boy scoutish to the casual observer, yet this so called cowardice is, to me at least, a severe form of restraint born of a compulsive need to stop themselves hurting those around them, even when it would be so simple... they also reflect this in their emotional state (cyclops more than superman), in that they use their physical fears as an emotional shield... to those around them they can seem cold and somewhat distant, yet nothing could be further from the truth, they just dont want to express their true selves for fear it would make them lose what they value the most...

given that i'm exactly that kind of person (no powers though unfortunately stick out tongue), those are the ones who appeal to me...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

constantine: the bastard you can root for.
gunslinger: the bastard you can root for.
batman: the bastard you can root for.

i'm seeing a pattern here...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 10:43 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Villains who have no real reason to do what they do, other than the fact that they want to; as in they're not psychotic, just evil. They don't give into their emotions, if they fail they fail, but they never go for revenge on the ones who stopped them. Since, after all, I believe revenge is petty. Xanatos from "Gargoyles" is a good example of this.

I also like characters that are connected through blood, a lot. For some reason, whenever I write my stories, I always try to connect people wherever it's possible. I'm a big fan of the thought that Gambit and Adam X are brothers to Scott, as well as Wolverine and Sabretooth being brothers, with Wildchild being Sabretooth's son.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 10:54 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I like characters with a dark side - characters who continually have to exercise restraint - because if you push them too far, you push them over the edge - and then they come back and tear your heart out and show it to you so that it is the last thing you ever see. Characters who become ice-cold with rage, rather than explode. Characters who live in the shadows...

Like Black Panther, or Batman, or Drizzt, or

Waylander,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylander_the_Slayer

or Creasy (not that stupid, moronic, idiotic movie but the books).

I also like Lobo and Deadpool for the humour and excessive violence

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:44 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote