KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Out of the 3, which was the best epic movie? "300", "Gladiator" or "Bravehe

The Best Epic out of the 3?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
300 2 11.11%
Gladiator 10 55.56%
Braveheart 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Out of the 3, which was the best epic movie? "300", "Gladiator" or "Bravehe
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Out of the 3, which was the best epic movie? "300", "Gladiator" or "Bravehe

This one's a tough one. What do you think?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 05:34 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Opps, looks like "Braveheart" didn't fit all the way. Anyway, you know the movie i mean..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 05:37 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

as much as i liked 300 i dont think it compares at all in terms of "epic" movies.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 05:44 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Braveheart, easily.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 05:47 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Lord of the Rings..

...Oops! I mean...I dunno...neither I would consider great epics.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 08:35 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Gladiator. I agree with forumcrew, 300 doesn't really qualify as an epic film

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 09:25 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Gladiator, although I must say I do prefer Kingdom of Heaven, despite the weak lead in Orlando Bloom.

Mel Gibson puts me off alot with his preachy Wallace and representation of the English, but still an enjoyable film.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 09:27 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Gladiator.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 09:39 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Gladiator, easily.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:31 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Gladiator was not that epic.

It was a personal revenge story, set in an "epic" (translate: older) time period.

Braveheart was a revenge of the dead woman story as well, however William Wallace was a real life Scottsman who led his people to a revolution against a tyrannical rule by an evil king.

Both kings in these films died, and in Gladiator Maximus even has the pleasure of doing it himself, but it seems to me that the legend of William Wallace is far more epic. cool

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 11:07 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

300 wasnt epic, it had a back story to leonidas but thats about as epic as it gets.

Though I like gladiator much more as a film, Braveheart is one of the finest executed epic films i have ever seen. You really get the sense of a great span in time and character development in that movie. To me Gladiator was epic in that a man was broken and was forced on a journey that led him back to finding himself. I diddnt really get the feel of spanning time or chaning characters. I think Gladiator had better acting though

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 12:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Hawk

Im just going to say which movie I liked best, and my vote goes to Gladiator. No need to over analyze things.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:18 AM
The Hawk is currently offline Click here to Send The Hawk a Private Message Find more posts by The Hawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

do you think when mel gibson had his big line at the end of braveheart "freedom!" do you think he meant everyone but jews?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bubble_O_Bill

Braveheart for pure emotional ride.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:24 AM
Bubble_O_Bill is currently offline Click here to Send Bubble_O_Bill a Private Message Find more posts by Bubble_O_Bill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Gladiator was not that epic.

It was a personal revenge story, set in an "epic" (translate: older) time period.

Braveheart was a revenge of the dead woman story as well, however William Wallace was a real life Scottsman who led his people to a revolution against a tyrannical rule by an evil king.

The Roman Empire covered almost all central europe, east asia and some parts of africa, and apparently you say it isn't as epic as the Scottish-English border?

Both are revenge stories; Wallace's story was vastly exaggerated from the source material however, whereas the real William Wallace was a part of the scottish gentry, not a commoner.

Edward was not an evil king, he was in fact, a typical king, and prone to the norms of monarchy. Wallace was a brute and a killer. You could say both are evil.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:23 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

all tyrannical kings get deemed evil, thats a shame, because julias ceasor is aces in my book

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:45 PM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
The Roman Empire covered almost all central europe, east asia and some parts of africa, and apparently you say it isn't as epic as the Scottish-English border?

Both are revenge stories; Wallace's story was vastly exaggerated from the source material however, whereas the real William Wallace was a part of the scottish gentry, not a commoner.

Edward was not an evil king, he was in fact, a typical king, and prone to the norms of monarchy. Wallace was a brute and a killer. You could say both are evil.

OK.

His story is still true, and the story of Maximus isn't.

THATS what makes Braveheart more "epic" to me.

Also, the battle scenes include armies of thousands against each other, whereas Gladiators battles are small groups or one-on-one in an arena.

Still epic, but I just like Braveheart better I guess.

"An Irishman has to talk to God to converse with his equal."

stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 04:30 PM
exanda kane

William Wallace's life as shown in Braveheart is so fictionalised it may well be made just as viable as that of Maximus.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 04:32 PM
coolmovies

Gladiator and you know it

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:32 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Braveheart.

Haven't seen 300 yet, but it's just an action picture that doesn't seem to belong on this list.

If it's down to action, the scenes in Gladiator were filmed horribly bad. Too many tight shots...really shaky camera work...and some weird, ultra crisp film really wasted what had a lot of potential. The CG was lacking as well...

Lots there for the alpha male, but Braveheart is a more complete picture.

And apart from American Beauty, can't think of a more overrated oscar giant than Gladiator.

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Apr 17th, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 11:06 PM
EPIIIBITES is currently offline Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote