KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » CW: Fallen Son; A beloved character dies?

CW: Fallen Son; A beloved character dies?
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

CW: Fallen Son; A beloved character dies?

quote:
CIVIL WAR: FALLEN SON – WOLVERINE (NOTE: NOT ACTUAL TITLE)
Written by JEPH LOEB
Pencils and Cover by LEINIL YU
Variant Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
How will Wolverine react to the death of one the most beloved characters in the Marvel Universe? He ain't buyin' it! Join Logan as he tries to track down the truth and he's not going to be happy when he does! The secret story that will transverse the post Civil War landscape – and stars Marvel's most popular characters – begins here! How do people with amazing powers face a force that no one can fight? Who has fallen, and is more violence coming? With Wolverine on the scene, is there any question? Be there as superstar Jeph Loeb teams with the industry's top artists on a story that will have everyone talking! Loeb! Leinil! Logan!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

So the premise of the Civil War: Fallen Son LS is that one of the "most beloved characters in the Marvel Universe" dies and how other heroes deal with it through the stages of grief. Well, after reading the synopsis of the first issue (see above) I started wondering who the character might be... and I'm at a loss. Honestly out side of the X-Men how many people are there in the Marvel Universe that Wolverine would feel strong enough to investigate the deaths of? It's a small list... and it gets smaller if you are looking at characters who actually have some involvement in Civil War. Nick Fury is one of the few people IMO who's death Wolverine would investigate but he isn't involved in CW in any big way, and he is hardly a "beloved character". Captain America and maybe, maybe the Thing (and thats pushing it) seem like the only two possible answers (there are a few more but they have been confirmed alive with Post-CW team rosters) but Cap is the star of Fallen Son issue five.... so I have no idea.

So who is this beloved character that dies?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jan 14th, 2007 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:39 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

It won't last if I'm right but the way things are looking, I'd bet all my chips on Cap!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:43 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Huh? Does this have anything to do with Wolverine Origins #10? But then again you still don't know if [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jubilee died or not.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:52 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Huh? Does this have anything to do with Wolverine Origins #10? But then again you still don't know if [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jubilee died or not.

I think he said beloved. stick out tongue

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:53 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by Kallark-Kent
I think he said beloved. stick out tongue

Heh good point...I suppose it also says "Son"...but then again Wolverine could be the "Fallen Son"...or the person who's responsible for her death could be the "Fallen Son". Last time we saw her..Omega Red impaled her with a piece of metal...and Shield were supposed to give her medical attention. Not to mention Wolvey's son appears in the issue...so actually Wolvey's son could be the Fallen Son and responsible for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jubilees death.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Jan 14th, 2007 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:55 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote:
JQ: Let’s see, outside of The Confession, we have a project called Civil War: Fallen Son. It’s a five-issue series that is constructed within the five stages of grief. Grief over what? Well, you’ll have to wait and see. What I can tell you is that the series will move from character to character as they deal with a different stage of grief. All five issues are written by Jeph Loeb with a who’s who cast of stellar artists.

Issue #1 stars Wolverine (Denial), art by Leinil Yu
Issue #2 stars New and Mighty Avengers (Anger), art by Ed McGuinness
Issue #3 stars Captain America (Bargaining), art by John Romita, Jr.
Issue #4 stars Spider-Man (Depression), art by David Finch
Issue #5 stars… well that would kind of give the whole thing away. So sorry. But it deals with Acceptance and I’m also going to hold onto the artist’s name for just a bit. Sorry, I know, I suck.

I can't see Spider-man being depressed over Jubilee's death... sad

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:00 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by srankmissingnin

I can't see Spider-man being depressed over Jubilee's death... sad [/B]

Ah well that explains it...can't think of anyone..so it's a person who is linked to the New Avengers, the Mighty Avengers, Wolverine, Spiderman, and Captain America.

I suppose Nick Fury makes the most sense...

Spidey's depression could be a mixture of both his family falling apart and Fury's death...(They were never that close were they?)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:02 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

It's Tony...

He is making the most since by far right now.
1. Marvel has been making him look like more and more of an ass, (What better way to save the character then to kill him)
2. He is one of the main Civil War players not mentioned in the list.
3. I could really see Cap bargining since he may feel largely responible
4. With what has been going on in his life, (His friend dies and Tony is getting WAY to powerful lately anyway)
yea definitely Tony

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Jan 14th, 2007 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:08 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by Entity
It's Tony... yea definitely Tony

Isn't Tony part of the Mighty Avengers..though? And he's hardly a beloved character...can't see people weeping over his death. Meh...same could be said about Fury.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:09 PM
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

What about Doctor Strange? Unsuspected, beloved, loved by most of them. One of spidermans best friends.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:12 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Isn't Tony part of the Mighty Avengers..though? And he's hardly a beloved character...can't see people weeping over his death. Meh...same could be said about Fury.

I keep reading allot of people saying that it might not be Tony in the armor in Mighty Avengers???

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:15 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I can't see Wolverine feeling the need to investigate the deaths of Iron Man or Strange though. They are acquaintances and not much more.

But Strange is confirmed as a part of New Avengers Post-CW, so that counts him out anyway.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:17 PM
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

I can't see Wolverine feeling the need to investigate the deaths of Iron Man or Strange though. They are acquaintances and not much more.

Agreed, forgot about Wolverine...

Prof X?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:18 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Kallark-Kent
Agreed, forgot about Wolverine...

Prof X?

He's in space.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:18 PM
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

He's in space.

Yeah...

Hmm, this one may need some thinkint.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:19 PM
ExodusCloak

Black Widow? (Yep I'm running out of ideas)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:20 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

If Cap died do you think Winter Soldier would take his mantle... or out of respect for Steve would retire it?

Black Window is a member of Mighty Avengers wink

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:23 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Yea but, Logan is the type of guy that you would never expect by his past actions to step up to the plate for you and then do just that. So despite his actions I could see him after Tony's death to try and disprove it or to be really pissed.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:23 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Entity
Yea but, Logan is the type of guy that you would never expect by his past actions to step up to the plate for you and then do just that. So despice his actions I could see him after Tony's death to try and disprove it or to be really pissed.

I don't know the Pro-Registration initiative has some similarities with Weapon X (except not mutant oriented), I can see Wolverine harboring some grudges against Tony... but Wolverine hasn't been too involved in Civil War so maybe is isn't aware of the prisons and government pardons for villains.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:27 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

He has some contacts in the govt., I expect if he does look into it, he'll find out very quickly what's going on. Just for the hell of it, Jean Grey? I have no idea what's happened with her, but I think Logan would want to find out who killed her if she is dead. Her or Cyke is my guess.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:58 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote