KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel's Recap Page, Yay or Nay?

To recap or not to recap? that is the question...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I like the recap page 9 75.00%
I think the recap page is a waste of space 3 25.00%
I never really noticed it was there in the first place 0 0%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marvel's Recap Page, Yay or Nay?
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Marvel's Recap Page, Yay or Nay?

As you've probably noticed, Marvel Comics all start with a recap page whereas DC just goes straight into the book expecting you to know most of what's going on.

Do you read the recaps or just skip to the story?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 03:49 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I think its nice to have a recap erm

If Im just jumping into a storyline, I might as well have SOME clue as to whats going on.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 04:11 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

i said waste of space for one reason

These threads will take any info and use it to their purpose,and if the comic is saying universe 10 times in the panels,and a writer(if it is one) states on the recap page its a multiverse(is it the same writer?) well there can be issues,

Privatley i like them,for issues with debating i dont like them

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 04:11 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

I like the recap page, sometimes it helps me buy comics. Like if I forget what issue I'm up to, a quick look at the recap page in a comics store can help.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 04:19 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I like the recap page. If you have to wait a month for each book, you might forget a detail or two - even if you remembered the general plot line.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 05:10 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

I like them. I especially like when the writers have fun with them like Fabian or Peter David do with their books. smile

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 05:16 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

i say yay......like ppl have said, it's nice to have a lil reminder, especially when the books are 2-3 weeks apart.

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:14 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Don't really care but it should be standard for long delayed books like the Ultimates.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:19 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I like the recap page as I'm eager to get into some other ongoings and I would like to choose to pick up previous issues as opposed to being forced to by not knowing what is going on yes

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:45 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote