Ok people, in response to the dissatisfaction in regards to the last tournament going under, I’ve decided to host one of my own. So everyone get ready for….
DARTHGOOBER’S AMALGAM TOURNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!(Sorry, had to take a moment to poke fun at batdude but I‘m better now. Put the gun down bats, it was just a joke )
Alright now this is going to be a 3 character amalgam tournament, and it will be following a slightly different format than what everyone is used to so PAY ATTENTION. Everyone will select 3 characters to represent the Mind/Body/Powers of the finished amalgam. Now here’s where it gets tricky…
The "Body" character supplies any PHYSICAL powers and characteristics(strength, durability, agility, adamantium skeleton, etc.). ANY powers that aren’t purely physical, will be considered to be turned off for match purposes(including flight, energy blast, etc).
The "Mind" character supplies all of the mental characteristics(things like fighting skills, technical knowledge, and any learned abilities like sorcery, Dr. Druids mental powers, Iron Fist's powers or any other powers that come strictly from training) and also the "Mind" character is the source for any potential equipment(like Iron Man's armor, or Cable's weapons) but again nothing else. Keep in mind that only psi abilities that are the result of training fall into this category, the abilities of mutant psi’s and the like fall under the heading of the “Powers” category.
The "Powers" character contributes any powers that don't fit into either of the above categories(things like Firestar’s, Psylock’s, or Invisible Woman’s powers). The character has full use of anything that falls into the power category though, even if the "Mind" character has no experience with it so to speak.
You draft She Hulk for your “Body” character, Witchblade as your “Mind” character, and Invisible Woman as your “Powers you’d have a character with She Hulk’s strength/durability/etc., Witchblade’s fighting abilities and skills(along with full access to the powers of the Witchblade itself), and all the powers of IW added to that.
Now on to the actual rules of this thing(most of this is borrowed from batdude and Evangel)
1. This is going to be an Iron Man level event like the last one(meaning that your selected characters can be AS powerful as non Extremis Iron Man, as long as there not MORE powerful than he is overall) since that was what everyone was hyped to participate in, but I plan on being A LOT more strict in regards to character selection than DL was. In fact(before it becomes an issue) consider the following people banned from character selection…
More will be added to that list as I identify characters as being to powerful. I know it seems as though I plan on being a dick about who’s allowed but I assure you that I have good reason. After the initial character selection, NO CAPS will be put into place in regards to how powerful your completed amalgam is allowed to become. The way I see it, if you can come up with a way to have 3 characters who are legitimately Iron Man level combine to create someone who equals a sky father after prep, then you deserve the chance to show that level of intelligence and creativity off to the rest of the forum.
2. The following moves/techniques are barred for tourney purposes…
No time manipulation..
No Absorbing powers that injure the absorbed character (IE., Rogue)
No Telepathic mind shutdowns (IE., Jean Grey causing a foe to think themselves into death, or simply pass out)
No Offensive organic matter manipulation (IE., Sersi turning a foe into a pig)
• Manipulating one's own organic matter to heal, or regenerate lost body parts is acceptable
No death touches/stares/blasts/etc (IE., Decay making a foe's body break down)
No Reality warping (IE., Franklin Richards bending the time-space continuum to suit his will)
No Multiplying (IE., the Multiple Man)
No On-the-fly adaptation (IE., Doomsday's ability to come back from the dead immune to whatever killed him)
No Mind/body swapping (IE., Doctor Doom's mind transfer)
No Mind control (IE., Emma Frost taking over a foe's mind and having him kill himself, etc.)
• A mental attack on an opponent is allowed though.
3. Independent Constructs- Up to 2 independent constructs are acceptable. The independent constructs themselves must be BELOW Iron Man level. These constructs can also be made during the prep time.
4. 10 minutes of prep time will be available before each match. You can do pretty much anything you want during prep as long as you don’t attack or spy on the other team.
5. Digi’s NO FREAKIN LOOPHOLES rule will be in full effect for this tourney. It will be strictly enforced so don’t bother trying to convince me that a character is under the caps just because there’s no proof that they’re over. Common sense will be the true cap for this thing, and if anyone somehow sneaks and drafts a character that’s to powerful into their amalgam, they’ll be disqualified IMMEDIATELY(and I don’t care if I don’t notice until the finals have started, the match will be closed and you’ll be declared the loser).
These rules will likely be expanded on as the need arises, but that’s what we have up to this point.
Just so everyone knows Digi, Badabing, and Galan007 will all be helping me with this thing and they all pretty much understand the specifics of the new format and what's likely to be allowed. So if I'm not around to answer an important question try asking one of them, cause they'll probably know the answer.
I'm keeping the ACTUAL caps pretty loose to help keep the loopholes to a minimal. If your looking for examples of acceptable characters though, just take a look at the Meta-Tier(mid tier) section of leo's thread... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...-to-tier-heroes
Gender: Male Location: Hiding from The Doctor, shhhh.....
Are you kidding? That list is full of bulldozer sized holes. you do realize by doing that the drafts will take several days to go through, especially once you go through the lists and realize how many people should be kicked...........?
__________________ Wanted: New sig. Something crazy, zany, and slightly evil. Will give sig credit to whoever's I sport.
I'd like to suggest that a no power copying rule be put in.
If you go out of your way to create a monster character and some one else just takes two randoms (ie: Rhino & Psylocke) and a power copier as their third, they essentially get 5 characters powers when they mimic the other guy.
I'm just using it as a rough gauge though, anyone that I feel to be inappropriate will be barred no matter where they're placed on it. But it IS useful to get a general idea of the characters to consider.