KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Revamped Rogue's Gallery

Revamped Rogue's Gallery
Started by: NoFate007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NoFate007

Revamped Rogue's Gallery

Just out of curiosity, what would you guys like to see with some characters in terms of their roster of villains? What annoys you with, say, Batman's rogues, and how would you like them to change? What would you add, what would you take away, what themes do you think work the best and which fall flat?

IE, I personally dislike Flash's villains (here come the bullets, haha) because it just seems to me like the only way he loses is for PIS/CIS reasons. The fastest man alive should be able to dodge boomerangs, you know? Captain Boomerang, to me, would work better as a Daredevil villain (but Bullseye's better) or a villain for Batman. I'd like to see the Flash fight more villains that make it so his incredible speed might not help him 100%.

What things would you like to see out of certain villain rosters? Spider-Man needs stronger villains? Superman needs more earthbound villains? Etc?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:17 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Flash has one of the best rogue galleries around, just behind Batman and Spider-Man, I don't think it needs changing at all.

Nightwing needs a rogues gallery, he sort of had one under Chuck Dixon although only a few were actually interesting and worthy opponents, but most got erased after Devin Grayson's run and he now barely has a collection of his own rogues. I've always thought it would be cool if, given his background and origin, Nightwing faced a team of rogues that were like an evil circus act, meta-human acrobats, magicians, knife throwers, strong men, etc. They could oppose Dick's own circus, Haly's Circus and Nightwing has to stop them or something. Jason Todd could have made a good Nightwing rogue but that story arc with Dick/Jason was one of the worst written you'll ever see and ruined any chance of that.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:37 PM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Actually, Flash's rogues always seemed kinda....B-list to me. But meh.

Spidey's needed a large revamp for a while now. Introducing Morlun was a step in the right direction, but he outgrew probably half his rogues years ago. Fortunately, the writers seem aware of this....Rhino, for example, hasn't been anything but a joke for years now. Others have followed suit.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:01 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I want to see Daredevil fight more classic colourful costume wearing heroes whilst Bruabaker is still on the title. As cool as the fights are with gangsters mob bosses or prison inmates, I want to see more super powered/ enhanced rogues yes

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:08 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Rhino, for example, hasn't been anything but a joke for years now.

and yet his last battle with spidey ended with peter a bloody mess on the pavement and needing the cat to come rescue him.

I find it twice as hilarious that he gets taken down by a miniature deadpool just months later.

I've always had a problem with the fact the writers don't really bother to develop the majority of spideys vast rogues gallery. Adding more and more new faces that are just going to be forgotten about in 5 years isn't going to help. Give me some Spider-man : Rogue war

As for the Flash.....maybe add in a few more ZOOOOOOOOOM level threats..but besides that their good.

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:30 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

batman and superman have a good rogues gallery still

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:36 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Black Adam
and yet his last battle with spidey ended with peter a bloody mess on the pavement and needing the cat to come rescue him.

I find it twice as hilarious that he gets taken down by a miniature deadpool just months later.

I've always had a problem with the fact the writers don't really bother to develop the majority of spideys vast rogues gallery. Adding more and more new faces that are just going to be forgotten about in 5 years isn't going to help. Give me some Spider-man : Rogue war

Wtf. Are you referring to Marvel Knights, where Spidey was either nigh-comatose or fighting numerous opponents at once? Or something different. Because I don't remember that fight.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Wtf. Are you referring to Marvel Knights, where Spidey was either nigh-comatose or fighting numerous opponents at once? Or something different. Because I don't remember that fight.

happened in sensational just a few issues back.

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:56 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

In Sensational he got stomped by Rhino (no pun intended). Rhino kicked his ass. Pete was humiliated.

Great read, actually.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 08:02 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

miffed:

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 08:03 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Woops, I was wrong. Happened in Unlimited.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...944#post6914944

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 08:06 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Woops, I was wrong. Happened in Unlimited.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...944#post6914944

it happened in Sensational as well.

that's two victories, Rhino is on his way to the big leagues smile

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 08:10 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Black Adam
it happened in Sensational as well.

that's two victories, Rhino is on his way to the big leagues smile

Rhino's on his way to my foot in his *** if he doesn't realize he shouldn't be able to hang with SM anymore. Seriously, Pete draws more money than Wolverine. Why the hell haven't the writers gone crazy with him punking people that are within (and even beyond) his league?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 08:12 PM
NoFate007

Some arguments I've heard that I agree with:

1. Superman villains should stop just trying to outdo him in sheer strength, but should take advantage of his other weaknesses and they need to be connected to him in some way.

2. Batman should have at least one villain that really knows how to give him a mental strain, more so than the Riddler.

3. Hulk should get some new villains that give him a run for his money. (I personally don't like this World War Hulk storyline much)

4. Sentry should get his own gallery. (But I think he still needs a little bit of time for build up. He's a cool character though).

5. I like the idea of the Sinestro Corps being the anti-GLC. Let's just hope that they don't mess it up.

6. X-Men need to stop just adding random mutants every chance they get and actually start organizing them. There are way too many groups within the X-Men...plus, Apocalypse should really be one of the (if not THE) biggest threats in the series.

7. Daredevil flat out needs some more villains that aren't jokes or from another series.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 08:36 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by NoFate007
2. Batman should have at least one villain that really knows how to give him a mental strain, more so than the Riddler.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 08:50 PM
Smurph
------

For the most part, new Bats villains seems like a bad idea, unless they're closely tied to curent ones (ie. Damian), mostly because he has one of the most classic rogue galleries. I WOULD like to see certain rogues given a bit of an upgrade, however. For instance, I wouldn't mind seeing Joker or Riddler (possibly both), actually give him a real test of the mind.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 09:02 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Doop needs more rogues....

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 09:03 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Yeah, but coming up with someone that's good enough would be a challenge...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 09:17 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by NoFate007
Some arguments I've heard that I agree with:

1. Superman villains should stop just trying to outdo him in sheer strength, but should take advantage of his other weaknesses and they need to be connected to him in some way.

3. Hulk should get some new villains that give him a run for his money. (I personally don't like this World War Hulk storyline much)

4. Sentry should get his own gallery. (But I think he still needs a little bit of time for build up. He's a cool character though).

5. I like the idea of the Sinestro Corps being the anti-GLC. Let's just hope that they don't mess it up.

6. X-Men need to stop just adding random mutants every chance they get and actually start organizing them. There are way too many groups within the X-Men...plus, Apocalypse should really be one of the (if not THE) biggest threats in the series.

7. Daredevil flat out needs some more villains that aren't jokes or from another series.

1. The JLA titles are getting better at that. But Superman/Batman now has him HVing Despero in one blast............ erm

2. Joker. And Ra's Al Ghul. Wait...Ra's is dead.

3. The only think I am looking forward to is Hulk killing Tony and beating ass. I'm well aware that story and continuity wise, this will seriously suck monkey balls. stick out tongue

4. no expression No. Absolutely not. Sentry needs to be retconned, die, lose his powers, etc. But GET RID OF HIM! mad He is the worst hero marvel has come up with since Paste-pot Pete.

5. Sinestro corps? eek! REALLY?! Wow, that's a great idea. Co-sign that they won't screw it up.

6. QFMFT! (Quote for the mother****ing truth!). The Xmen titles have sucked for a long time writing wise. And Poccy has been assraped by the writers ever since X-Factor #68. no

7. Given that DD is a fugitive, I think that's taken care of for the moment. Thunderbolts, SHIELD, other superheroes, etc. He's gonna be busy. big grin

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 09:50 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Given that DD is a fugitive, I think that's taken care of for the moment. Thunderbolts, SHIELD, other superheroes, etc. He's gonna be busy. big grin

That sounds fun, but will the writers do that?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 11:04 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote