KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Dwayne McDuffie Died

Dwayne McDuffie Died
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Dwayne McDuffie Died

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 09:14 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Damn, first news I saw. Shocking. RIP. sad

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 09:17 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wow... I hated the guy's work for the most part, but damn... RIP. That sucks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 09:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I appreciate what he did for comics with Milestone, specifically Static. I did like his animation stuff more than his comics, but damn, it always sucks to see a creator pass.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 09:20 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I thought he was the best writer on the animated Justice League series; he did most of it.
I'll still remember his first for creating Damage Control in the late 1980's, because that's where I first heard his name. No one had ever done a concept like that before.
He was a big, heavyset guy. Could it have been weight related...?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 10:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

R.I.P. I loved a lot of his work

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 10:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
He was a big, heavyset guy. Could it have been weight related...?
Maybe he got put in a kimura and couldn't break out without snapping his arm off?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 10:39 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Word is that he had surgery last night, and there were complications.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

SPOILERS!

but in all seriousness that's pretty tragic. Wasn't a fan of his work (well his current stuff), but he was fairly young to go.

Last edited by -K-M- on Feb 22nd, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:36 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i hated the guy as a writer for marvel,DC and animation the only thing i liked about him was that he created static.

what type of surgery was he having?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 04:19 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I don't know about all this stuff about JLA but he did good work for Milestone. Damn he went too early.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 06:12 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

R.I.P.

Loved Dwayne, great writer for JLU, Ben 10, and Static Shock. Some of my favorite shows.

This is shocking.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 06:24 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

some of these posts seem a little disrespectful, you all have the rights to your own opinions but to voice them here isn't the most couth. I pray Dwayne rest in peace.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 07:04 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

it's not disrespectful to criticize his work and dislike him professionally.

Of course it is sad that he died and i am sure their family are suffering but this thread isnt a Sermon or some Funeral eulogy.

it would be disrespectful or rude if we were at church or a family gathering but this is a thread about the man nothing else.

we dont censor ourselves and our opinion just b/c.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 07:40 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by King Castle
it's not disrespectful to criticize his work and dislike him professionally.

Of course it is sad that he died and i am sure their family are suffering but this thread isnt a Sermon or some Funeral eulogy.

it would be disrespectful or rude if we were at church or a family gathering but this is a thread about the man nothing else.

we dont censor ourselves and our opinion just b/c.
I find it hard to understand why a thread about the death of an individual should be used for anything other than to pay respects, another thread could be made to discuss his works. of course if having enough maturity to do so is beyond certain individuals, I'll hold my tongue from now on.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 07:59 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Trackz
some of these posts seem a little disrespectful, you all have the rights to your own opinions but to voice them here isn't the most couth. I pray Dwayne rest in peace.

I was gonna say that but y'know people just dont have any manners.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 08:07 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by Trackz

thumb up

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 08:27 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone know what kind of surgery he was having?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 08:32 PM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Deadline
I was gonna say that but y'know people just dont have any manners.

i think its just a case of people who don't want to seem like flip floppers. criticized him in life, wished to reiterate their dislike of his work after his passing

meh.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 09:17 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Oh my god grow up.

You could look at the fact we didn't like his work, but we still payed our respects as its a tragedy

Last edited by -K-M- on Feb 23rd, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 10:17 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote