KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Top 10 players in NBA History

Top 10 players in NBA History
Started by: tanjot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tanjot

Top 10 players in NBA History

pick any legends of ur choice...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 12:41 AM
tanjot is currently offline Click here to Send tanjot a Private Message Find more posts by tanjot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Evan Eschmeyer

no expression

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 12:46 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Best:
Jordan
Wilt
Russell
Shaq
O. Robertson
Magic
Bird
Kareem
Olajuwon
Erving? (Couldn't decide on #10, way too many choices)

All-time favs:
Reggie Miller
LeBron James
Clyde Drexler
Charles Barkley
Scottie Pippen
David Robinson
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
John Stockton
Arvydas Sabonis

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 05:40 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

my personal faves are in no order...

pat ewing (his shot was so sweet, the guy played with the fire of hell every ballgame)
clyde drexler (he was just so smooth glyding down the lane to sink a jam, and his hair rocked)
larry johnson (LJ!! he was a crazy ass dunker before the back injured him, but continued to be a good player with teh knicks helping to get them to teh finals as an eight seed)
chris bosh (wat a talent hes gonna be, raps for the title 2009)
cliff robinson (blazer who had passion and he played well at every part of the court, inside, outside, defense etc)
damon stoudamire first ever toronto pick and rook of that year, and he was a blazer)
dwight howard (the guys a mosnter on the boards)
sabonis (mainly because he was big and slow, but still knew how to play, and his passing was sublime at times, which i looked up2)

theres probably more there, and i'll add as i think of them

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 01:46 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Dwight, Cliff and Wade were 3 guys I almost put on my list.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 01:08 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

i would say:
michael jordan
bill russel
wilt chamberlain
ervin magic johnson
john stockton
kareem abdul jabbar
dr. j. julius erving
shaquille o'neol, most dominent center ever in my opinion
vince carter
oscar robertson
reggie miller

( none of these were in any particular order except for michael jordan on the top at #1)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 09:53 PM
tanjot is currently offline Click here to Send tanjot a Private Message Find more posts by tanjot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

okok, il take vince off for now, but when he does retire i will include him... in vince's place ill say.... scottie pippen.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 09:54 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

If this thread is supposed to be about the top 10 best players ever then Vince Carter has no place being anywhere near it. I could understand favourites, but best - not even close. I mean i am a Kobe fan but i know he hasnt done enough to be put on the top 10 all time.
My top 10.
Jordan
Magic
Bird
Kareem
Oscar
Wilt
Russel
Dr.J
Malone
Stockton

Stockton could be replaced by either Isiah, Cousy or Shaq but i figured that being the all time assist leader has got to count for something.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:44 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

neither stockton or malone won a championship though... so its questionable! but ou have to repect what they did do and teh numbers they put up.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 11:18 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Jordan
Bird
Magic
Shaq
Wilt
Oscar
Duncan
Nate "Tiny" Archibald (very underrated. Only guy to lead the league in scoring and assists in a season)
Kareem
Isiah

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 11:46 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darth_royke
neither stockton or malone won a championship though... so its questionable! but ou have to repect what they did do and teh numbers they put up.

I know they didnt win a championship, but Malone is 2nd all time scoring and Stockton is 1st all time in assists. Thats gotta count for something. Remember Steve Kerr, Bobby Hansen and Judd Bushler have all won championships that doesnt make them great players.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 12:26 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by tanjot
okok, il take vince off for now, but when he does retire i will include him... in vince's place ill say.... scottie pippen.

Just like that? Automatically once he retires? Or are these under the assumptions of IF Vince starts winning championships or starts making it to the finals?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 01:51 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

The funniest part was Pippen replaced him. Pippen is twice the player Carter is, he was not only one of the best perimeter defenders to ever play the game he was also a walking triple double - one of the most complete players i have ever seen.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 02:25 AM
darth_royke

yeah pip was an awesome player, i preferred his game to mj, though i realise he wasnt AS good as mike. that dunk on ewing was just sick. anyone remember sam perkins? big smooth? he was teh first biguy i saw shoot 3's for a living, that shot was actually smooth too, i dont think his feet left the floor! he played for the sonics. and was part of the 96' finals team agiasnt the bulls. mario elie was anoth guy i used to liek watching, nice outside shot, and some nice dunkage too. remember seeing him getting a high pass from rob horry against dallas in 96, and putting it away so nicely.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 11:06 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I have a friend who's mom went out with Sam Perkins for a long time. My ex-gf cleaned their house and they gave her a pair of his giant shoes (autographed). She sold them for like $5 at a yard sale. I was angry.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:16 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Sam Perkins always reminded me of a gibbon with his crazy long arms.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:25 PM
tanjot

Originally posted by Myth
Just like that? Automatically once he retires? Or are these under the assumptions of IF Vince starts winning championships or starts making it to the finals?

yes it is under the assumption he becomes a winner, which he is doing a good job of being right now with rj and j kidd on his side, not to say he could not do it by himself with just a good supporting cast. right now, the way the nets have been playing against the top teams in the east such as detroit and miami, its seems as if they may very well win in game 6 of the eastern conference finals.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 10:58 PM
tanjot

Originally posted by koolruningz
The funniest part was Pippen replaced him. Pippen is twice the player Carter is, he was not only one of the best perimeter defenders to ever play the game he was also a walking triple double - one of the most complete players i have ever seen.

by the time vince retires that assumption will have changed a lot, not to say u will say vince is better...but u will have a change in mind whether u hate him or not.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 11:00 PM
darth_royke

i dont think we hate vince.... i think we're fed up of hearing about him... wonder why?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 11:27 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I respect VC as a player, but not as a teammate. It would have been different if he approached the losing situation differently in Toronto. T-Mac was upset with Orlando's performance, but as long as he was on the court, he was still driving and trying.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 12:06 AM