KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » R.A. Salvatore

R.A. Salvatore
Started by: sai12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sai12
its all in my head

R.A. Salvatore

Well, I did a search for him and only came up with a few random posts. I'm surprised that there are not more people that read his books. I personally like his Forgotten Realms series the best. The ones with Drizzt and company. Just curious if there are any other R.A. Salvatore fans out there!

Come on Drizzt fans! Out of the shadows now!

Made by BX. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=23119621 Please?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:17 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Nice job sai. I personally love Salvatore (the Forgotten Realms stuff... don't know about much of his other stuff other than that he killed Chewbacca in a star wars book). The Wulfgar/Drizzt team is the ultimate in badassedness, though Cadderly gets himself pretty huge too. Does anyone know when the last Hunter's Blades book is comin out?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 02:25 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah... I thought he wrote a star wars book, probably more than one too... haven't read the one you mentioned though Dizzle

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 05:17 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Umm, the last Hunter's Blade book is out already. It came out last fall sometime.

The Two Swords

Now I know we have to wait a few years to get back to Drizzt and Co. I think the next book is Jaralaxle or Enteri...

Happy to see some RAS fans here! *squeals*

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 09:08 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

From what I've read of his stuff in STAR WARS: THE NEW JEDI ORDER - Vector Prime, (the SW book alluded to above), he's a pretty good author. I believe he's also going to write another set after that series....I might pick up this other book series that the person above mentioned....

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:26 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i'm reading some of frogotten realms, but it is not written by him, just edited, or something.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:26 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

It seems more people know him for his work on Star Wars than the Forgotten Realms books or even his own series....

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 03:22 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Are you joking me... I've been kind of occupied with the WOT series lately, so I haven't gone near a bookstore in months. Thanks though, Imma need to go get a copy now...

After the end of Servant of the Shard i've been waiting for a "Life and Times of Jarlaxle" book, so that's good news.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 09:51 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Yeah, it will be interesting to read more about him....

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 04:19 PM
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

His Star Wars book was great. He did a great way of introducing a whole new storyline and conflict. Very good writer.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:24 PM
TraptUnderIce is currently offline Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange
Master of the mystic arts

Salvatore is one of my favorite authors. Drizzt Do'urden is one the coolest book characters I've come across.

The only complaint I have is the lack of variety in fodder. He's always killing orcs. Why can't he fight a beholder or something?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 10:21 PM
Doctor Strange is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Strange a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Strange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

There are just too many orcs....lol

Old Post May 8th, 2005 09:22 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

And he's not always killin orcs. As a main battle thing, the Hunter's Blades trilogy and the Icewind Dale Trilogy are the only ones with huge orc armies. And Icewind Dale has Akar Kessel. Dark Elf trilogy its drow, mostly Zak, Legacy of the Drow he kills more drow, including the Baenre upstart. And oh yea, Artemis. Entreri. Da badass. I almost like him n Jarlaxle more than Drizzt. There really were a lot of orcs in Hunters Blades though. (just finished the Two Swords, actually) I'm so pissed now. Cuz I wanted this thing over god dammit. Salvatore doesn't let He Who is Gruumsh die like he's supposed to. I'm gonna have to wait like 4 years for the conclusion to the orc war. Cuz the Companionsof the Hall are gettin together to find some place before they beat up Obould. And there's gonna be a Jarlaxle/Entreri book before those.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 05:00 AM
zinh

Read the first 2 trilogies Icewind Dale and the drow prequel one. Haven't read past those though. Good books!

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:08 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
And he's not always killin orcs. As a main battle thing, the Hunter's Blades trilogy and the Icewind Dale Trilogy are the only ones with huge orc armies. And Icewind Dale has Akar Kessel. Dark Elf trilogy its drow, mostly Zak, Legacy of the Drow he kills more drow, including the Baenre upstart. And oh yea, Artemis. Entreri. Da badass. I almost like him n Jarlaxle more than Drizzt. There really were a lot of orcs in Hunters Blades though. (just finished the Two Swords, actually) I'm so pissed now. Cuz I wanted this thing over god dammit. Salvatore doesn't let He Who is Gruumsh die like he's supposed to. I'm gonna have to wait like 4 years for the conclusion to the orc war. Cuz the Companionsof the Hall are gettin together to find some place before they beat up Obould. And there's gonna be a Jarlaxle/Entreri book before those.

I hate having to wait so long. *cries*

I wanna know what happens...NOW!!

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:45 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Honestly, Robert is killin me here. I swear I hate that big orc... Doesn't know when he's thoroughly gotten stabbed in the side. And shot in the eye. And dropped in a big crack in the earth. And stuff. You know what would be really badass though... If Mielikki "answered" Grummsh's gift to Obould by superpowering Drizzt... Then they have a huge god battle. Cuz there was the pegasus of Mielikki in the Dark Elf trilogy to guard Montolio's grave, and now Drizzt flies around on a pegasus and such... Oh it would be so badass...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:22 AM
sai12
its all in my head

Yeah, he really does need to end that whole thing with the orcs. Though, this could be the fault of Forgotten Realms, and not him. *shrug*

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:17 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Is it me or did Drizzt seem not so pimpinly amazing in the Two Swords as compared to his usual self? Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but Drizzt really seems to kick the most ass in the Dark Elf Trilogy with Zak and his various Entreri fights...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:26 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Salvatore is an incredibly cool author. However, he's hurting the DnD world a whole freekin lot. You should go to www.wizards.com/boards some time and see how people feel about dhaerow (the REAL notation, meaning traitor in elven). For Christ's sake, Drizzt is an awesome character, but now every angry 15-17 year old goth player has a drow two swords-wielding ranger character sad

~wickerman~

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:31 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Layden
The Hero

Finally a R.A. Salvatore thread, i have read all of his books with having to do with drizzt and i just finished readind the demon wars saga by him wich are just amazing and are my favorite i love his work and there is also talk about a film based on the crystal shard but probaly just rumors. BUUUMMMEEERRR!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 04:11 PM
Layden is currently offline Click here to Send Layden a Private Message Find more posts by Layden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote