KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Thor Discussion

Thor Discussion
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (96): « First ... « 91 92 [93] 94 95 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Anyone get that 'Thor: Crown of Fools book' uses the movie versions costume's for the characters & it comes with Malekith's first appearance.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 05:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, but that doesn't contradict that he started the process in my scan. We literally see energy coming out of his machine and his MOUTH as he yells "GALACTUS WILL FEAST!".
To me, it implies that he nearly began feeding, but was interrupted by the arrival of OKT--he was only able to actually start feeding after OKT was dealt with. The summary page of the latest issue helps support my opinion.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 21st, 2014 at 09:44 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2014 09:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

It always takes a bit of time iirc for Galactus machine to power up and then convert the mass into energy.

Old Post May 21st, 2014 11:18 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Right.

Here is what Rage and I were discussing in the Ownage thread before I moved the debate here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...pagenumber=2714

He believes that Galactus had already began feeding before he and OKT fought. However, based on multiple summary pages+the statements made after Galactus really had fed, I do not believe he began feeding until after OKT had been dealt with.

Old Post May 21st, 2014 11:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Also, during the fight we can see him looking really Old, like in the BRB Mini. At first i tought it was just the "visual" of old Galactus. But in the battle against the 3 girls, he was not with his "old visual" anymore.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 08:04 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Galan007
To me, it implies that he nearly began feeding, but was interrupted by the arrival of OKT--he was only able to actually start feeding after OKT was dealt with. The summary page of the latest issue helps support my opinion.

If this was the only page, I'd agree, because we see the machine releasing energy and Galactus starting to crackle and glow:
(please log in to view the image)

But here, there's literally a torrent of energy being unleashed from his mouth and his machine simultaneously as he screams about feasting:

Old Post May 26th, 2014 08:39 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ You already posted that scan and I gave my opinion on it:
I don't think so, Rage. The summary pages from the last 3 issues imply that Galactus came to earth to feed, but was postponed from this task by OKT:
http://i.imgur.com/flyrBAx.jpg

#21:
http://i.imgur.com/AY54Dbz.jpg

#22:
http://i.imgur.com/gG1VvcK.jpg

As the excerpt above states: it was only after Galactus had tooled OKT that he began feeding on the earth--which had undoubtedly taken place as of the first page of this issue:
http://i.imgur.com/CBojK7e.jpg

Suffice to say: if Galactus had already started feeding on the earth prior to his battle with OKT, me thinks it would have been explicitly stated, like it was in the above scan... But it wasn't. /shrug

He explicitly stated that he had fed on the very first page of the latest issue:
http://i.imgur.com/CBojK7e.jpg
"Galactus savors every fetid morsel."
"...Could not possibly taste any more delicious."
"Now that I have feasted..."

...Which is why I don't think he'd fed prior to his battle with OKT--because it wasn't explicitly stated. Well, that and the summary pages...

Meh.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 08:46 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Also, during the fight we can see him looking really Old, like in the BRB Mini. At first i tought it was just the "visual" of old Galactus. But in the battle against the 3 girls, he was not with his "old visual" anymore.

Art is a bit arbitrary and I don't think it's that conclusive but if anything, it supports my point. Here's Galactus before the first feasting scene:

Notice how Galactus in the first scan looks a bit more sickly, with liver spots or whatever compared to after:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Also, not sure why you think he looks any better when facing the Girls of Thunder. In close ups, he's still broke up and old looking:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Also, King Thor must hit hella hard. Even after feeding, Galactus is still carrying the injuries from their fight.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 26th, 2014 at 08:52 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2014 08:49 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

^ You already posted that scan and I gave my opinion on it:

Agree to disagree then or whatever.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 08:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agree to disagree then or whatever.
Okay. smile

I guess my feeling on the scene is that when Galactus had actually fed(post-OKT battle) we were explicitly told such... Multiple times... In black and white... With no ambiguous reader-interpretation to be had.

That said, if Galactus had started feeding pre-OKT battle, as you're suggesting, I don't see why the [same] writer would have inextricably left such an important detail completely out of the narrative as well as the summary pages--he clearly had no qualms with telling us when G really did feed, after all /shrug. The panel(s) you're referencing are just too subjective/ambiguous for me to agree with you.

But yeah, agreeing to disagree is fine by me. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on May 26th, 2014 at 09:07 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2014 09:04 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Okay. smile

I guess my feeling on the scene is that when Galactus had actually fed(post-OKT battle) we were explicitly told such... Multiple times... In black and white... With no ambiguous reader-interpretation to be had.

That said, if Galactus had started feeding pre-OKT battle, as you're suggesting, I don't see why the [same] writer would have inextricably left such an important detail completely out of the narrative as well as the summary pages--he clearly had no qualms with telling us when G really did feed, after all /shrug. The panel(s) you're referencing are just too subjective/ambiguous for me to agree with you.

But yeah, agreeing to disagree is fine by me. thumb up

An action does not have to be repeated multiple times for it to have happened.

Again, I'm not saying he had finished feeding or was done. Just that the process had begun and it was interrupted by Thor.

I don't see what is so ambiguous about it. He's literally releasing energy from both his mouth and machine simultaneously. Thor even notes how the end is nigh, and all he has to do is let it go:
http://s30.postimg.org/hsp5ebw7l/Th...der_020_017.jpg

But whatever, maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see what else could be happening in that scene.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 26th, 2014 at 09:18 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2014 09:15 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

So taking my laptop to work the past two times has given me some good insight into some Thor comics that I've glossed over before.

With that said, what do you make of the end of JiM 513 and then the first arc in Avengers v3 Rage?

Old Post May 26th, 2014 11:47 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So taking my laptop to work the past two times has given me some good insight into some Thor comics that I've glossed over before.

With that said, what do you make of the end of JiM 513 and then the first arc in Avengers v3 Rage?

What do you mean?

After defeating Seth, the Dark Gods rolled in. Thor returns and they deal with Morgan Le Fay stealing the Twilight Sword.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 02:52 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

What do you mean?

After defeating Seth, the Dark Gods rolled in. Thor returns and they deal with Morgan Le Fay stealing the Twilight Sword.
Ah, thanks for directing me to Volume 2. For some reason I forgot that took place at the same time and I haven't read the start of that volume in years.

I was trying to wrap my brain around seemingly Morgana beating Asgard with the Norn Stones and wanted to see if you had any additional input. It's all explained in v2 13 though.

Though reading the start again showed just how much Thor holds back. He one shotted Replicus who was "too even" with holding back Thor, and he even stated he was holding back against Perrikus before smashing his face in.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 27th, 2014 at 04:29 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2014 04:22 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Ah, thanks for directing me to Volume 2. For some reason I forgot that took place at the same time and I haven't read the start of that volume in years.

I was trying to wrap my brain around seemingly Morgana beating Asgard with the Norn Stones and wanted to see if you had any additional input. It's all explained in v2 13 though.

Though reading the start again showed just how much Thor holds back. He one shotted Replicus who was "too even" with holding back Thor, and he even stated he was holding back against Perrikus before smashing his face in.

No problem.

Yeah, Thor ends up one-shotting it when he gets pissed:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I know some people will claim it's for some reason less powerful than the original from vol. 1 #141 but it looked pretty impressive in the fight against the Dark Gods in vol. 2 #12.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 04:17 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

No problem.

Yeah, Thor ends up one-shotting it when he gets pissed:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I know some people will claim it's for some reason less powerful than the original from vol. 1 #141 but it looked pretty impressive in the fight against the Dark Gods in vol. 2 #12.
He basically one shotted an equal to his holding back form. Which could be likened to mean Thor can one shot himself as he's appeared in most of his appearances.
Which could get fun.

Also, I found this from there. Not sure if you've seen it.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...Thorv201307.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...Thorv201308.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...Thorv201309.jpg

Everything Thor's ever done up to that comic has been with a weaker Mjolnir. Fun stuff.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 29th, 2014 at 05:01 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2014 04:57 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

He basically one shotted an equal to his holding back form. Which could be likened to mean Thor can one shot himself as he's appeared in most of his appearances.
Which could get fun.

Also, I found this from there. Not sure if you've seen it.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...Thorv201307.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...Thorv201308.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...Thorv201309.jpg

Everything Thor's ever done up to that comic has been with a weaker Mjolnir. Fun stuff.

Shut up. Only Superman is allowed to one-shot beings that were previously his equals.

A single one of his fingers were compared to the grip of Hercules:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

thumb up I have. Don't bring it up much though. Mjolnir is OP as it is, it being reforged as more powerful than ever would just be hax.

It can scale up ridiculously high. Thor can use it against Surfer or against a Cosmic Entity and still do some damage. Best weapon this side of the Skyfather tier imho.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 05:11 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Odin in a poisoned weakened state doesn't do a thing to try and stop Thanos.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...-523-021-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...-523-021-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...-523-021-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...-523-021-17.jpg

Here is Odin immediately showing that he wasn't incapacitated.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...-523-021-21.jpg

Wait what?

Are you suggesting that Odin could have but chose not to fight back against Thanos and Tarakis there?

I mean, that's what the second statement implies when you say that Odin shows he wasn't incapacitated when he teleports to Thor. It's outright said that the potion has left him helpless and will do whatever Thanos wishes:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...-523-021-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...-523-021-15.jpg

Odin actually tries his best to resist, and does so better than anyone, but fails. Clearly the effects wear off to some extent by the time he teleports to Thor but he's still weakened by the daily doses throughout the rest of the arc.

Btw, the only reason he was taking any potion is because he was so weakened by Zelia draining his power and torturing him during the Dark Gods arc. A weakness plot device tying into another weakness plot device. Don't see those often....

Old Post May 30th, 2014 02:22 AM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shut up. Only Superman is allowed to one-shot beings that were previously his equals.

A single one of his fingers were compared to the grip of Hercules:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

thumb up I have. Don't bring it up much though. Mjolnir is OP as it is, it being reforged as more powerful than ever would just be hax.

It can scale up ridiculously high. Thor can use it against Surfer or against a Cosmic Entity and still do some damage. Best weapon this side of the Skyfather tier imho.

One shot?

Call me when Thor tears apart Kurse with his bare hands while weakened smile

Old Post May 31st, 2014 11:16 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^I'll do one better: Thor killing Glory even while being hit by the totality of its power and having his mind/body/soul being torn apart in the process of performing said feat.

And still surviving to tell the tale at the end of it.smile

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:30 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote