KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Armageddon vs Deep Impact

Which one is better
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Armageddon 15 55.56%
Deep Impact 12 44.44%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Armageddon vs Deep Impact
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king_arthur

Armageddon vs Deep Impact

These were both great asteriod movies but I thought Armageddon was better. I enjoyed the scene where Paris is blown away and the New York meteor shower.

In Deep Impact, the scene when the small asteroid flies throught the air, and hits water and creates the giant tidal wave was fantastic but way too short.

Last edited by king_arthur on Jul 31st, 2005 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:02 AM
king_arthur is currently offline Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I honestly have not seen both movies in quite awhile. But I do remember liking Deep Impact alot more on the first view. Both decent movies though.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Jul 31st, 2005 at 05:10 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:06 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Can I vote for neither..?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:08 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Armageddon has Ben Afleck sick , but Deep Impact has stupid teenagers sick ... it's an impossible decision!

I'll vote for Deep Impact simply because Michael Bay doesn't deserve a vote no matter what the comparison is...

and Robert Duvall is cool.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:18 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Also Morgan Freeman was in Deep Impact and had a better disaster without as much corniness.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 06:26 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neither of the two are favourites of mine, but I would rather watch Deep Impact over Armageddon.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Oh yeah, neither are definitely quality films, but Deep Impact is much more bearable to sit through.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:44 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BuRtOnEsQuE
Vertigo_ogitreV

Er...Well I perfer Armageddon. sad

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:33 PM
BuRtOnEsQuE is currently offline Click here to Send BuRtOnEsQuE a Private Message Find more posts by BuRtOnEsQuE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

I like both, but Armegeddon is more entertaining.

Lol although both missions were equally imaginative.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 03:34 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

The funnier one was Armageddon, even though I hate Michael Bay. The last GOOD movie he did was The Rock!

Deep Impact was a much better movie, and the situation just seems a bit more real and scary. Great cast!

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -Alexander Hamilton

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:46 PM
Murray is currently offline Click here to Send Murray a Private Message Find more posts by Murray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Oh, my god! Every time I see Armageddon, I cry! I'm not joking either..."I could stay awake, just to see you dreeeeeeeeeamin'..."

Beautiful.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 03:59 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Same here! I cry as well! "I could stay away, just to avoid that moooooooooovie..."

Terrible.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 07:14 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

i agree with mostly everyone both are poor movies.

But if i had to i would rather watch Deep Impact because Morgan Freeman is one of if not my favourite actor.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 07:21 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

Armageddon was a fantastic movie with a lot of great action and humor, so it gets my vote

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 07:58 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
Same here! I cry as well! "I could stay away, just to avoid that moooooooooovie..."

Terrible.

You should change that adjective to an adverd and then qualify it with an adjective...something like this:

Terrible - Terribly + Good = Terribly Good.

It is a terrible movie, but it's also good. Thus, 'terribly good'.

Welcome.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 04:36 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kyrrebs

Worried Deep Impact is better!!

I also like both films, but I am in no doubt when saying that 'Deep Impact; is the superior film. I think it has a better script and you feel closer to the characters. there is also more characters in the film without there being too many.

The special effects are just as goo in both and even though the all-star cast of Armageddon is great, Deep Impact shows that the star quality of the actors in the film does not soley carry the film hrough.

I think Deep Impact deserves the same Special Collectors Edition 2-sidc version as Armageddon has got!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:45 AM
kyrrebs is currently offline Click here to Send kyrrebs a Private Message Find more posts by kyrrebs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I love Armageddon...I cry everytime I see it

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:22 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Green Skull

Armageddon

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 10:34 AM
Green Skull is currently offline Click here to Send Green Skull a Private Message Find more posts by Green Skull Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i preferd deep impact even though armageddon looked better overall...what swings it for me is one scene where a guy is sitting reading his newspaper without a care in world as the huge wave comes thundering through new york behind him...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 01:18 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

First of all, neither of theswe movies are terribel movies. In fact they are both good movies. However the difference is Armageddon is a great movie. Better acting, betterplot(though mor eunrealistic), it had Bruce Willis and it had the most inspriing speech by a fictional president.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:54 PM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote