KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Official 'explanation' thread

Official 'explanation' thread
Started by: grey fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Official 'explanation' thread

Transformers is a large continuity with an ever growing storyline ; as
expected things can get pretty damn hectic and confused.

Here is the place to ask questions and attempt to solve problems.

NOTE : For those who know little about Transformers.....

1. The Cartoons are a separate continuity (universe) from the comics unless clearly specified

2. Japanese Names may OCCASIONALLY be used , thus 'Convoy' is Optimus Primes , 'Destron' are Decepticons and 'Cybertons' are Autobots

3. The (American) Animated continuity Order goes The Transformers -> Beast Wars -> Beast Machines. Transformers : Robots in disguise* is a standalone continuity , whereas 'The Unicron Trilogy' (Armada , Energon , Cybertron ) are (obviously) all linked , though not impacting on any other series save for their own.

4. The Japanese extended upon nearly every series at one point or another , expect confusion and please specify which country your referring too.

* Most Notable for Having Prime turn into a fire-truck and Megatron into a hand/dragon/jet/monster

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 12:35 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

To explain the size difference when transforming, I remember reading somewhere (the site that posts the bot-con information) that several fans have come to the conclusion that transformers have access to tech that allows then to manipulate mass on a localized scale. This of course violates the law of conservation of mass but yeah.

Ex, megatron shrinking to gun mode, optimus' trailer appearing and disappearing at transformation, the vehicle/robot modes of the assorted planes, jets, and transport vehicles (i.e. astrotrain). The conception is that each transformer has access to a "pocket universe" to personally utilize and store mass to be used as needed.

you can dismiss it as over-thinking but if it really annoys you how soundwave can turn into a boombox then into a 30 foot tall robot, then yeah, it works.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 05:59 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tenebrous
To explain the size difference when transforming, I remember reading somewhere (the site that posts the bot-con information) that several fans have come to the conclusion that transformers have access to tech that allows then to manipulate mass on a localized scale. This of course violates the law of conservation of mass but yeah.

Ex, megatron shrinking to gun mode, optimus' trailer appearing and disappearing at transformation, the vehicle/robot modes of the assorted planes, jets, and transport vehicles (i.e. astrotrain). The conception is that each transformer has access to a "pocket universe" to personally utilize and store mass to be used as needed.

you can dismiss it as over-thinking but if it really annoys you how soundwave can turn into a boombox then into a 30 foot tall robot, then yeah, it works.

Yeah , although scale is still a little confusing at times.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 07:37 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yes, they had access to molecule shrinking technology, thus allowing Megatron to go from lifesize robot to handheld pistol.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 01:06 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scythe
Yes, they had access to molecule shrinking technology, thus allowing Megatron to go from lifesize robot to handheld pistol.

And inbetween (Autobot sized handgun)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 07:34 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by grey fox
And inbetween (Autobot sized handgun)

Yeah.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 01:07 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

What happened in Zone after the OAV?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 04:33 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by King Kandy
What happened in Zone after the OAV?

What do you mean?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 04:35 AM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Tenebrous

Ive always wondered about this. Specially Megatron transforming into a small ass gun. The movie made me wondered too since I dont think if u stand a mustang up he will be that huge as in the movies.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 03:06 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

i just wanna clear up that the first Transformers show was originally a 3 part miniseries but became popular, and Beast Wars actually takes place during the very first episode since the autobots & Decepticons landed on Earth either right after, during, or before the dinosaurs ruled the earth. Beast Wars takes place at the dawn of man as one episode has primitives in it, and the last season has the original Transformers in their shuttle in a sorta a petrified state

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 03:58 AM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by The big EH
i just wanna clear up that the first Transformers show was originally a 3 part miniseries but became popular, and Beast Wars actually takes place during the very first episode since the autobots & Decepticons landed on Earth either right after, during, or before the dinosaurs ruled the earth. Beast Wars takes place at the dawn of man as one episode has primitives in it, and the last season has the original Transformers in their shuttle in a sorta a petrified state

That always freaked me out.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 04:57 AM
super pr*xy

i was having this discussion with scythe about the allspark in the movie, but i didn't want to be off topic on the other thread so i'll bring it here...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: what i remembered seeing is that the allspark regenerating and animating small robots (and yes the vending machine was considerably smaller than any other robot in the movie). even when the allspark affected the escalade, it only animated the steering wheel. i think that the allspark all by itself only emits a small amount of energy that it can only help the smaller robots, hence bumble bee's legs remained busted and the escalade was never converted into a full transformer. my guess is that the energy from the allspark has to be harvested in one way or another to actually create full sized bot, not just by accidentally touching it.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 06:06 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by super pr*xy
i was having this discussion with scythe about the allspark in the movie, but i didn't want to be off topic on the other thread so i'll bring it here...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: what i remembered seeing is that the allspark regenerating and animating small robots (and yes the vending machine was considerably smaller than any other robot in the movie). even when the allspark affected the escalade, it only animated the steering wheel. i think that the allspark all by itself only emits a small amount of energy that it can only help the smaller robots, hence bumble bee's legs remained busted and the escalade was never converted into a full transformer. my guess is that the energy from the allspark has to be harvested in one way or another to actually create full sized bot, not just by accidentally touching it.

That's a possibilty.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 01:11 AM