KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Who would win: Megatron (G1) or Galvatron (only knownfrom the G1 movie)?

Who'd win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Megatron (G1) 0 0%
Galvatron (from '90s film) 5 100.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would win: Megatron (G1) or Galvatron (only knownfrom the G1 movie)?
Started by: lordmegatron1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Still in the mind with Galvatron, C

Question Who would win: Megatron (G1) or Galvatron (only knownfrom the G1 movie)?

Help us find out who would win. The suspense is killing.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 12:40 AM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Gender: Male
Location: McClane's Right one

Galvatron without doubt..

Yet as they were past and future versions of themselves, when Galvatron would kill Megatron, Galvatron would cease to be. Read Target:2006 for a study of this.

And the movie was mid 80s, not 90s.


__________________



"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 01:52 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Still in the mind with Galvatron, C

That's what I told him, but no he still writes it was the 90s. Stupid idiot, doesn't pay attention to anythin.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2011 10:51 PM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CarlB
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Who would win: Megatron (G1) or Galvatron (only knownfrom the G1 movie)?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lordmegatron1
Help us find out who would win. The suspense is killing.


Galvatron had numerous small upgrades over Megatron. The total effect of all these would be a clear victory for Galvatron, usually.

In the G1 comics it was often asked (though never properly resolved) who would win between Galvatron & Optimus. In the comics it was hinted Galvatron should have a slight edge, I suppose winning 6 out of 10 fights. In which case he'd beat Megatron at least 8 out of 10 times.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 03:58 PM
CarlB is currently offline Click here to Send CarlB a Private Message Find more posts by CarlB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Galvatron uses Unicron tech, no surprise he should hold an edge.

Also, alt-modes. Megatron needs to be fired, Galvatron can self-aim.


__________________
Naruto ranks One Piece ranks

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 08:57 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

Galvatron is essentially an upgraded version of Megatron.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Galvatron without doubt..

Yet as they were past and future versions of themselves, when Galvatron would kill Megatron, Galvatron would cease to be. Read Target:2006 for a study of this.

And the movie was mid 80s, not 90s.


It depends on which Galvatron we're talking about. Galvatron II came from an alternate timeline, meaning what he would do to Megatron wouldn't, in any way, affect himself.

Last edited by coco11 on Apr 19th, 2017 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 07:36 PM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Actually, every Galvatron from the Marvel comics is an alternate timeline version, given the movie events never take place in the mainstream timeline.

The Target: 2006/Time Wars version of Galvatron is by far the most powerful Transformer outside of Unicron. We're talking "solo the Autobot and Decepticon armies without breaking a sweat" powerful.

Characters as powerful as Megatron got taken out in one punch. Hell, a combiner lost a slugfest against him (Piranacon. Underwater.)


__________________

Last edited by cdtm on May 10th, 2017 at 01:33 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2017 01:29 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Actually, every Galvatron from the Marvel comics is an alternate timeline version, given the movie events never take place in the mainstream timeline.

The Target: 2006/Time Wars version of Galvatron is by far the most powerful Transformer outside of Unicron. We're talking "solo the Autobot and Decepticon armies without breaking a sweat" powerful.

Characters as powerful as Megatron got taken out in one punch. Hell, a combiner lost a slugfest against him (Piranacon. Underwater.)


I would argue that if Time Wars Galvatron killed Megatron, he too would cease to exist, unlike Galvatron II.

Target 2006 timeline is actually the same universe as the mainstream UK timeline. It was shown that the future could be altered when the future 2006 timeline was changed after the events of the Time Wars. It is possible that when Unicron was killed much earlier in the 90s rather than 2006, the Target 2006 future might have had also drastically altered.

Last edited by coco11 on May 11th, 2017 at 07:45 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2017 07:32 PM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

Galvatron II's future was never meant to be THE future, unlike Target 2006, it was described as an "Alternate Future" in the opening of "Rythim of Darkness.

Old Post May 11th, 2017 07:48 PM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

What I meant by "alternate timeline" in my first post was "parallel universe". (Sorry that I had to triple post but as you know, this site has a 15 minute limit to edit posts)

Old Post May 11th, 2017 08:06 PM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

True, it was meant to be the mainline future, but Regeneration One changed all of that.

Plus there's the fact TF originated in Marvel, where time travel = alternate universe hopping by default per company policy (Says as much on Marvel.com)


__________________

Old Post May 12th, 2017 10:03 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
True, it was meant to be the mainline future, but Regeneration One changed all of that.

Plus there's the fact TF originated in Marvel, where time travel = alternate universe hopping by default per company policy (Says as much on Marvel.com)

Firstly, I know that but there were still times where time travel actually changed the future instead of creating an alternate universe.

Secondly, Regeneration One is not canon to the Marvel UK continuity, it's only a sequel to the US stories. Simon Furman himself has said that he took inspirations from the UK stories but they're not necessarily canon to RG1 aside from a few stories that was referenced.

I'm not arguing that Time Wars future didn't happen in the main timeline, I'm arguing that it's not necessarily an alternate universe (unlike Galvatron II's future) but rather a future that never happened. There's a distinction.

Heck, we've already seen the future got reseted. The original UK future had Decepticons as outlaws, after the Time Wars story, the future timeline got reseted to a timeline in which Decepticons ruled Cybertron and Autobots were freedom fighters. The new future was distincly a reseted future instead of an alternate universe to the original future.

You see where I'm going with this?

Last edited by coco11 on May 13th, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2017 10:31 AM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

Proof for RG1 being seperate from UK stuff:
* Wreckers are alive, yet they were killed in Time Wars.
* As far as I remember, Ultra Magnus didn't know who Galvatron was prior to their encounter in Cybertron in RG1. Yet, Ultra Magnus had a rich history with Galvatron in the UK continuity, so there's no way he can't remember who Galvatron is.

The only UK story, RG1 directly referenced was the Deathbringer arc...which was already referenced in the original US stories, meaning it was more or less canon to the US continuity.

Old Post May 13th, 2017 07:59 PM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Northern England.

Galvatron has upgrades from the freaking Unicron. He wins.

Old Post May 14th, 2017 02:06 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coco11
Proof for RG1 being seperate from UK stuff:
* Wreckers are alive, yet they were killed in Time Wars.
* As far as I remember, Ultra Magnus didn't know who Galvatron was prior to their encounter in Cybertron in RG1. Yet, Ultra Magnus had a rich history with Galvatron in the UK continuity, so there's no way he can't remember who Galvatron is.

The only UK story, RG1 directly referenced was the Deathbringer arc...which was already referenced in the original US stories, meaning it was more or less canon to the US continuity.


Huh... Good points.

If they could be seperate continuity, it's too bad Simon Furman couldn't have come up with a way to preserve Megatron though. Sure, the true Megatron vs Straxustron was a good story, but I rather liked Megatron's character development in Time Wars. All undone with the retcon.

And poor Rodimus Prime! His UK ending is the saddest thing ever, stuck in as a decrepit vessel for Unicron's evil, unintentionally influencing the younger generation to follow the dark paths.

At least the Dinobot stuff is a sort of canon though. How about the US joker tyrant wanna be Starscream Grimlock vs the UK leader who cares about his men and makes good decisions Grimlock?


__________________

Last edited by cdtm on May 14th, 2017 at 08:14 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2017 08:08 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Huh... Good points.

Thanks.big grin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
If they could be seperate continuity, it's too bad Simon Furman couldn't have come up with a way to preserve Megatron though. Sure, the true Megatron vs Straxustron was a good story, but I rather liked Megatron's character development in Time Wars. All undone with the retcon.


I personally would have prefered if they would have just treated UK comics as a seperate continuity in the first place. That way, the writers wouldn't have had to come up with a retcon like the clone arc.


quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
And poor Rodimus Prime! His UK ending is the saddest thing ever, stuck in as a decrepit vessel for Unicron's evil, unintentionally influencing the younger generation to follow the dark paths.


Agreed. I think Rodimus' arc was supposed to be continued but unfortunately it didn't.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm At least the Dinobot stuff is a sort of canon though. How about the US joker tyrant wanna be Starscream Grimlock vs the UK leader who cares about his men and makes good decisions Grimlock?

I find it funny that the Autobots thought (US) Grimlock would make a good leader.

I think US Blaster was a rather cool character, shame that he didn't appear much in the UK stories and the later US stories written by Simon Furman, guess he didn't like the character as much as Grimlock...

Old Post May 15th, 2017 01:40 PM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coco11
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: Turkey

Also about the Target 2006 future, if we take the Facebook edition of Ask Vector Prime into account, it IS actually an alternate universe.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ask_Vector_Prime

Last edited by coco11 on May 15th, 2017 at 05:13 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2017 05:03 PM
coco11 is currently offline Click here to Send coco11 a Private Message Find more posts by coco11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:49 PM.
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Who would win: Megatron (G1) or Galvatron (only knownfrom the G1 movie)?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.