KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Worst comic logic/physics in feats/stories

Worst comic logic/physics in feats/stories
Started by: K-Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K-Dog

Worst comic logic/physics in feats/stories

What are some of the worst cases of "comic physics" or logic that we've seen? I'll start by saying many peak human have been written as way above human level--puck, cap america, kingpin, etc. Now I know we have to draw the line somewhere because it is all fiction. Also, with spider man getting the proportionate strength of a spider....it's well known that tiny animals/insects would be much weaker per size if they were bigger (I've studied enough physics to know how this works if anyone cares for me to elaborate).
Go ahead, put on your thinking caps and shoot.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:43 AM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Puck isn't peak human... no expression

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:53 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Worst logic I've seen is how some people seem to think comics should be strictly regimented rather than stretching or compressing powers to suit the far more important matters of character and story.

wink

And most spiders can lift far more in proportion to their body weight than most humans. The problems with simple enlargement come from the limitations of the skeletal structure. But that's a 1:1 shift in terms of body type...Pete's is obviously a far different scenario. But yeah, if he were literally a spider you'd be onto something.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

The speedforce got a little bit ridiculous after a while.

Reed and Bruce's gadgets sometimes make little or no sense but no specific one jump to mind.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K-Dog
Also, with spider man getting the proportionate strength of a spider....it's well known that tiny animals/insects would be much weaker per size if they were bigger (I've studied enough physics to know how this works if anyone cares for me to elaborate).

Peter isn't a giant spider, he simply has the same body weight to strength ratio of a normal one.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:57 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

This:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 03:12 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I still haven't tried that...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 03:23 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I still haven't tried that...

You should. Plus after your done you can pretend to be a pirate.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 03:28 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

After I'm done, I'll travel to the pirate days myself. smile

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 03:33 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

One infinity being 'greater' than another.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 04:00 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Magic

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 04:07 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I've always wondered how these super strong characters can lift as much as they do, without their bones being crushed under extreme weight.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 08:42 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unnatural-POWER

Originally posted by Galan007

I was going to say this too.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 10:33 AM
Unnatural-POWER is currently offline Click here to Send Unnatural-POWER a Private Message Find more posts by Unnatural-POWER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Galan007

I'd say it's less 'Bad Logic' and more 'boasting beyond capabilities'.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 10:58 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Class 100s not being able to jump out of the orbit and hitting characters without them flying out of orbit. Also what Grunewald did in a Quasar issue...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 11:38 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

getting into orbit is a matter of attaining a certain speed, which is primarily linked to a different muscular fiber than strength. runner v. weightlifter. the latter has more muscle, the former is faster. strength does not imply speed, nor the other way around.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 11:56 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unnatural-POWER

Ripping the fabric of time and space with.................................a punch!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 11:57 AM
Unnatural-POWER is currently offline Click here to Send Unnatural-POWER a Private Message Find more posts by Unnatural-POWER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Disappear
getting into orbit is a matter of attaining a certain speed, which is primarily linked to a different muscular fiber than strength. runner v. weightlifter. the latter has more muscle, the former is faster. strength does not imply speed, nor the other way around.

*sigh* The Hulk has shown he has the reflexes fast enough to catch a missle, he has vast amounts of strength and weighs compartively little....Hulks going out of orbit.

Hulk is very fast and strong and hes also been able to move his hand at 1/9th the speed of light. Hes going into orbit.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 12:07 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
Ripping the fabric of time and space with.................................a punch!

Isn't that...kinda possible ? Something to do with speed, force and time freezing possibly ?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:18 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Most anything in Pre - Crisis DC.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:48 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unnatural-POWER

Originally posted by grey fox
Isn't that...kinda possible ? Something to do with speed, force and time freezing possibly ?

embarrasment

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:57 PM