KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Vash the Stampede

Respect Vash the Stampede
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Respect Vash the Stampede

(please log in to view the image)

CHARACTER'S BIOGRAPHY:

Vash is not human, but a human-like "Plant". Plants are inter-dimensional beings that are tapped as a source of power and energy for the planet Gunsmoke.

As a Plant, his body does not physically age past his mid-twenties. Vash is actually 152 years old. Vash requires a special Angel Gun to activate his powers. Shortly after he receives his Angel Gun from his brother, Vash shoots Knives in the leg, then takes both guns and flees into the desert. He spends two years alone wandering Gunsmoke until he finally collapses. He is rescued by humans from the only remaining functioning SEEDS ship on the planet, which didn't quite crash during "The Great Fall." While there, he makes human friends and is gifted with his signature red (duster styled) trench coat. After a few months he leaves and ventures out into the world. Vash returns to the ship 80 years later in search of any relatives of Rem in its databanks and finds the last one alive: PASSENGER NO.300-89-9023AS, or "Revenant Buskus". Buskus had studied Plants and established a new plant-theory in July City. Vash goes to July City in the hopes of meeting him, but instead finds Knives standing over Revenant's dead body. In the ensuing firefight, Knives shoots Vash's left arm off. He then activates Vash's Angel Arm in an attempt to destroy the city and everyone in it, but Vash turns the Angel Arm on Knives instead, resulting in the July Incident. Vash's full name is never revealed however when Vash first meets Wolfwood, he introduces himself as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andry Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. When Milly says Vash the Stampede, Vash tells Milly she should not use his 'real name' all the time. When Nicholas D. Wolfwood asks for Vash's real nam Vash answers 'Just between you and me, my name is irrelevant'. Later in the story Vash "puts down his gun", hoping to leave his bounty hunted life and start over. He then goes by the name Kanan or when some call him Eriks. Wolfwood starts to look for Vash, and finds him in a town full of criminal gangs in which their leader calls himself Vash The Stampede.

Vash displays two different personalities. Vash usually exaggerates foolish characteristics to make people feel unthreatened and to hide his identity. He exhibits an almost obsessive love of doughnuts and engages in lecherous behavior. He frequently voices the catchphrase, "This world is made of love and peace," which is usually complemented by his flashing of the V sign. Vash's reputation as "The Humanoid Typhoon" is legendary, as is the damage and destruction associated with his presence. However, when those around him are threatened, Vash shows complete focus and control.

His body is ravaged and scarred, and he refuses to use his abilities as a plant to heal them. He denies himself the company of women because he is certain that "They would only run away" after seeing his scars.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:42 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

ABILITIES:

Vash has shown a superhuman level of agility, strength, reflexes, eyesight and complete muscle control. Vash has often shown the ability to dodge bullets at close range and dodge skilled melee attacks (at one point doing so while at the same time pretending to dance with a woman). During a gun duel competition, Vash was able to prevent the deaths of many of the competitors by throwing rocks at key moments to knock bullets off their lethal courses. Vash is possibly stronger than most human beings as seen when he was able to use Wolfwood's Punisher. Vash has the ability to heal from most injuries, but refuses to use it. Finally, his intelligence is stated to be superior to that of most (if not all) humans. It was shown that he is capable of telepathic communication with his brother, though whether or not he possesses Knives' telekinetic capabilities remains uncertain.

SIGNITURE WEAPON:
Vash habitually carries a custom made .45 caliber silver- or nickel-plated revolver, a classic six-shot double-action with a top break reloading mechanism that fires .45 Long Colt ammunition. The engraving on the side of the gun describes it is a ".45 Long Colt AGL Arms Factory" with wings around the "AGL" as in angel. Vash's revolver has the barrel aligned with the 6 o'clock chamber, not the 12 o'clock chamber as is the typical configuration of standard revolvers. Only one actual weapon follows this form factor, the Mateba Autorevolver. In the series, this pistol was created as part of a pair by Knives, of which Vash was given the silver model, and Knives kept the black model. Vash eventually carries both weapons for a time, before losing the black pistol to Knives in another fight.

ANGEL ARM:

In the series, within Vash's trademark revolver lies the catalyst needed to activate his "Angel Arm". The Angel Arm is Vash's ultimate weapon. Upon activation, his right arm transforms into a weapon powerful enough to destroy entire cities with a single blast, but does not harm any people in the process. Vash fears the Angel Arm's potential for destruction, and knows little about how to use it.

CYBERNATIC ARM:

Vash has a cybernetic replacement, which also conceals an integrated firearm. It is initially a powerful semiautomatic pistol that is later upgraded to a fully automatic submachine gun.

OTHER EQUIPMENT:

Vash was seen using a knife hidden in his boot in multiple issues.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:01 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Vash training his speed and reflexes. Throws an egg in the air and catching is with his gun. Then repeats it several time without dropping the egg. Notice he does it so fast the egg doesnt even move when he lowers the gun.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Another training. Aim this time. Vash pinpoints various targets and every time he pulls the trigger he spins around catching a crystal glass. Does it all while blindfolded.

Last edited by SamZED on Jan 19th, 2011 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:07 PM
SamZED

3 thugs are holding Vash at gunpoint. He shoots them all so fast they dont even register his movement and the sheriff said he only heard one gunshot.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Easilly dodges a gunshot at point blank range.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:30 PM
SamZED

Some cyborg with canon for a hand shoots Vash. The humanoid typhoon simply kicks the cannon-ball away.

Some gang leader posing as Vash is holding a 12-year old girl hostage. He tells the real Vash to lose his weapons. Vash drops the gun, catches it a moment later and shoots the guy 6 times before he could even pull the trigger.

6 or 7 thugs took over a train. With his eyes closed Vash takes them all down with his gun but without killing anyone.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:54 PM
SamZED

Last edited by SamZED on Jan 19th, 2011 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 08:14 PM
SamZED

part 2
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Vash not only dodges all their shots, he owns them all with with a toy gun and then disarms one of the thugs saying that the other two are out of bullets. And he KNOWS that for a fact because he COUNTED every single bullet they fired at him.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 08:15 PM
SamZED

Vash and Wolfwood vs 200 hundred armed bandits.
(A famous scene that was later copied in the anime)

Wolfwoof: How many are there?
Vash: About two hundred.
Wolfwood: A hundred for each of us. That's not exactly fair to them.
Vash: I don't want you killing anyone, alright?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Vash vs Gung-Ho-Guns coming up.

Last edited by SamZED on Jan 19th, 2011 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 08:26 PM
SamZED

Vash vs Dominique the Cyclops (the second Gun-Ho-Gun)
Dominique has the ability known as the "Demon's Eye", which causes hypnosis and sensory paralysis in her foes, momentarily stunning them and making her movements appear immediate. She's basically Nightcrawler.. but with a gun and no *bamf* sound...

part 1
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by SamZED on Jan 24th, 2011 at 09:00 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 08:48 PM
SamZED

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 08:57 PM
SamZED

part 3
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

All in all, another crazy showing from Vash. Point blank range bullet dodging from a quicker foe and a great display of wits.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 09:11 PM
SamZED

Vash vs E.G. Mine (another Gung-Ho-Gun)
E.G. Mine is a violent man who wears a suit that resembles a sphere and contains control threads for deploying lethal spikes. Further manipulating these threads, Mine can fire them towards an enemy like bullets.

Another faster-than-human-eye-reacts kinda feat. A quick win for Vash.

More later.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 09:27 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

anyway you could make a wolf wood respect thread? always wanted to learn more about him. he so much different in the manga then anime

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 04:14 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Eventually I will. dont have enough scans right now.

But he's really not that different in manga. Its just in anime they dont the drug and his age. Other than that they're almost identical.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 11:00 PM
tross

Great thread hope to see more

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 05:37 AM
tross is currently offline Click here to Send tross a Private Message Find more posts by tross Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Eventually I will. dont have enough scans right now.

But he's really not that different in manga. Its just in anime they dont the drug and his age. Other than that they're almost identical.

are u sure? In the anime I dont recall him being bio engineered like in the manga to be superhuman nor did he have the pills which enhanced his healing. Also his fights were more impressive in the manga especially the last one if not mistaken.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 02:09 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Wheatley

None of the scans work. Completely useless.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2015 01:08 AM
Doctor Wheatley is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Wheatley a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Wheatley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Could be because the links and the thread were made nearly five years ago and weren't updated since then. Great thing about this forum - nobody owes you jack sh!t. So if you want to b!tch about something go pay for the manga and get all the scans from there. Or at the very least try using Google.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 05:10 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Imageshack is weird. Especially in the recent year(s). Not sure what they're doing anymore. Was supposed to force users to get premium accounts, iirc.

Your links, Sam, may appear to work completely fine one day just to disappear randomly later. My Gorgon's thread is screwed, too, afaik.

Turboimagehost, photobucket and other img hosting sites (see what Galan uses) are good alternatives.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 07:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yeah inageshack is now a paysite only last I checked. Killed a lot of posts from free accounts since they no longer exist.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 09:00 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote