KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Rufus Scrimgeour - The Auror

Rufus Scrimgeour - The Auror
Started by: Unicor777

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Rufus Scrimgeour - The Auror

Rufus Scrimgeour
Former Head of the Auror Office of the Ministry of Magic . Replaced Cornelius Fudge as Minister of Magic.

Well the remarkable thing about the JK Rowling’s characters is that often their names have to do a lot with their roles. Rufus Scrimgeour, when translated from Latin means “red hair swordsman”. This should portray his nature as a passionate fighter.

Now, what do you think his role would be?
Would he last long? Or he would be replaced now after the death of Dumbledore and the attack in Hogwarts. Because it was the ministry, in the first place, tasked to give extra protection to the school and they failed.

Would he realize his mistakes and do something to correct them, its ok to do mistakes, but the big deal is when one does nothing to correct his/hers mistakes.

Would he play an important role? Introducing a new person so late in the series must be with a good reason. Don't you think?

Now, any one with analyses for the new minister, or theories?

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 08:01 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I can't imagine him playing too vital a role in the last simply for the fact, that logistically, there would not be any room. Seems to me, and there is of course a large chance I am completely wrong, that he is allegorical to the reaction to the "war on terror" following 9/11, or simply a critique on the nature of governments, in the same way Umbridge is of the UK Offtsed inspectors.

"You get people like Fudge who pretend nothing is happening, or you get people like Srimgeour who accuse and arrest innocents in the name of progress" to paraphrase a character, I can't particularly remember who.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:17 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Actually there is a lot in common between the DE and the international terrorist movement. For example in 1997 Osama was seen allegedly in the hills of albania, and we read that VV was hiding there as well. This was a bit out of topic

I agree with you on the lack of room, but on the other side those that could have played a great role in the final battle are reduced:
Sirius and Dumbledore, and it was logically to remove them so Harry could play the big role, otherwise he would have been in shadow od DD all the time.

But this being said, opens room for others. And the minister will have a role, otherwise I don't see the reason why she had to replace him

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:25 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

I think that HBP was more a political statement than our beloved HP and felt very let down by JK it was like a badly written fan fic, I pray the last installment will be much better, Scrimengour we will have to see but I think that there has been too much r/l interferance with her books and she basically got stuck with the plot and hammered by the publishers to hurry up, on the other hand even if he is making pointless steps its more than fudge ever did.

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:29 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

exactly

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:43 PM
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

Curtsies' lol

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:47 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I actually thought it was the best book. You can even see the complexity of her writing, growing through the series. She isn't alien to adverse political and social allegory, but then again, when you've written spin for Gordon Brown and New Labour, it's hard to foret your social voice.

Back on topic, yes, you are completely right; Sirius and Dumbledore have been removed from the playing field, but remembering the large list of cliff hangers and unexplained questions? I can hardly see him playing a big part overall.

I wouldn't be suprised if he gets killed though, along with a bunch at the Minisitry. It's not like Rowling to give a character like Scrimgeour a heroic exit/last stand; too sides of the spectrum, Fudge backs down for his folly and Scimgeour needs to be reprimanded for his.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:02 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

This yes, he might die, not heroicly, but still his death would be in a way significant for Harry, or he has an important role to play for Harry. We might see a full utilization of his Auror background and here I link it to Harry and his task

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:06 PM
exanda kane

Ahh...I think I can fill a training montage coming on - Harry preparing for his task along to some terrible cheesy riffs while sweating out in the gym.

But seriously, that is a good point - I had forgotten Harry's ambition, although in all fairness, killing Lord Voldemort would look nice on his CV.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:11 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing

Curriculum Vitae

Full name: Harry J Potter
xyz
xyz
xyz
hyz

EDUCATION:
Not completed Magical Education

MAJOR ACHIVEMENTS
- Finished the Dark Lord
- Finished Severus Snape
- Finished D Malfoy
- Broke all the School Rules
- Instituted Early warning system agains the Dark Lord
- Saved the Prophecy from the Death Eaters
- Won the goblet of Fire
- Trciked the ministry of magic and saved Sirius Black
- Distroyed the Dark Lord's diary
- Killed the basilisk of Salazar Slytherin
- Saved the Philosophy stone

Prety much for someone without completed classical education. Don't you think?

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:19 PM
exanda kane

I wonder if he has an ASBO.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:28 PM