KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]

The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]

What was your first reaction after reading the final words of the epilogue?

Mine :

Wow. That was... brilliant.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 10:11 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

I thought the ending was more amazing then anything i could have expected.

LuNa LoVeGoOd Is ThE bEsT

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 11:41 PM
Luna150 is currently offline Click here to Send Luna150 a Private Message Find more posts by Luna150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Luna150
I thought the ending was more amazing then anything i could have expected.

Seriously? I thought the book itself was good, but the happy ending seemed very tacked on to me. At least the epilogue, did. I would have been happy without the very last bit - leaving everyone's future up to the imagination.

Spoilers:

Seriously. Get married and live happily ever after? Could it have BEEN any more cliche? :-\.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 01:16 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Reaction: Fail.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 01:17 AM
The_God is currently offline Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ndfreak
Master Chief

Reaction:...holy fu@k...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 01:21 AM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Originally posted by Soljer
Seriously? I thought the book itself was good, but the happy ending seemed very tacked on to me. At least the epilogue, did. I would have been happy without the very last bit - leaving everyone's future up to the imagination.

Spoilers:

Seriously. Get married and live happily ever after? Could it have BEEN any more cliche? :-\.

Agreed. That's what fanfiction's for... to explore all the possibilites of what happens after.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 02:00 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Spoilers:

Yeah, the epilogue was a little high on the cheese factor for me. Naming all their kids after the deceased? One big happy Weasley family? *I mean, yeah I had been rooting for that of course... roll eyes (sarcastic) ) but surely, surely we could have had something with a little more creative... oomph. It was a definite anticlimax to the end of the novel itself. Mrah.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 02:02 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ndfreak
Master Chief

i thought this was the best book of the series. But i do think the epilouge could've had more people in it. Were are bill and fleurs kids? And Luna. what happened to her?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 02:37 AM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by ndfreak
i thought this was the best book of the series. But i do think the epilouge could've had more people in it. Were are bill and fleurs kids? And Luna. what happened to her?

She married Neville and had three kids named Fred, Lupin and Tonks.

roll eyes (sarcastic).

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 03:16 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

Spoilers:

get over yourself you know if she didnt you wouldnt have wanted her to then to know what happend it was personly i think the best way to end it and by far the best book/story the will EVER be written

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 04:33 AM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

I thought the book was excellent. And to all you people boo hooing about the "cliche" epilogue, what the heck? The entire series is anything but cliche, the entire seventh book is not anywhere near cliche. So why are you complaining that she made it a happy ending? That's what I wanted for sure.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 04:50 AM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

quote:
I thought the book was excellent. And to all you people boo hooing about the "cliche" epilogue, what the heck? The entire series is anything but cliche, the entire seventh book is not anywhere near cliche. So why are you complaining that she made it a happy ending? That's what I wanted for sure.

it is the type of happy ending she gave. Not the fact that she gave a happy ending

I wold have loved a walk in the sunset type of ending. left for you to decide . the happy ending wasn't the ending I suspected. it was sort of cheesy. I mean it was just so easy for them. they got married had kids. the whole shebang and lived happily ever after. I would not mind them being married but having kids is too pristine. maybe them looking out to the horizon as the sun sets on the beach with the signafgant other or something but this ending was ANTICLIMATIC. not bitter sweet. the cheese about the horizon thing is good. just ..I don't know. it was just like everyday life. it wasn't an actual look to how this effected their lives. it was more a day in the life of 'potter

By the way. who wants to join in on a cup of tea as we sob over the death of tonks. Anyone up for it no expression

Last edited by Oomny on Jul 22nd, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 10:33 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Thought it was great. Yeah, the epilogue ending was cheesy as hell, (should've ended it in Dumbledore's office) but it really doesn't matter cause the rest of the book was awesome.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 10:50 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Thought it was great. Yeah, the epilogue ending was cheesy as hell, (should've ended it in Dumbledore's office) but it really doesn't matter cause the rest of the book was awesome.

'tis. a way to avoid the cheese is to just stop reading after dumbledores office yes

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 10:53 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Exactly right.

Though, reading the book within the last 24 hours has messed up my head a little. My thoughts all seem to be taking the form of narration.

Wonder how long that'll last...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 10:58 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Exactly right.

Though, reading the book within the last 24 hours has messed up my head a little. My thoughts all seem to be taking the form of narration.

Wonder how long that'll last...

Usually about a week or so erm I think I was born with self narration. or I am absoultly loony

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 11:01 AM
Diamonds
I'm Special.

I loved the book as a whole, and yeah, the ending was really cliche, but I liked it actually. It made me go *squee* smile
But seriously, what sort of a name is Albus Severus? Poor kid.
I was reading the battle bits really fast and I appear to have missed when Tonks and Lupin die. I'll find it when I read it again.
And I knew Snape loved Lily. Smug.

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 12:06 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Diamonds
I loved the book as a whole, and yeah, the ending was really cliche, but I liked it actually. It made me go *squee* smile
But seriously, what sort of a name is Albus Severus? Poor kid.
I was reading the battle bits really fast and I appear to have missed when Tonks and Lupin die. I'll find it when I read it again.
And I knew Snape loved Lily. Smug.

Tonks and Lupin's deaths happen away from Harry so we never hear about them until their bodies are there. I can't believe there was so few tears for them, after Harry himself threw a goddam tantrum and tried to break Dumbledore's office apart when Sirius died...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 01:08 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Why did the curse rebound off Harry at the end?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 02:08 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Why did the curse rebound off Harry at the end?

Because Harry was the rightful owner to the Elder Wand, and because of that, the wand refused to hurt Harry, and so it rebounded the curse off of Harry's spell onto Voldemort.

I think that the book was really good. However, I didn't like the epilogue at the end. It's wonderful that J.K. decided to let us all know that the characters were good and well at the end, but I would have liked to know what happened to some of the other characters. Luna? Lavender? The Malfoy parents?

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 02:41 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote