KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Will anyone else be horribly disappointed if Harry doesn't die?

Will anyone else be horribly disappointed if Harry doesn't die?
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

Will anyone else be horribly disappointed if Harry doesn't die?

I'm sure there are plenty of these types of threads already. But I couldn't find any.

It all depends for me, but I can see myself being angry if he survives.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 08:38 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I wouldn't say horribly, but I would say I would be disappointed if he's still alive at the end.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 09:58 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Yea, I'd be disappointed, but then I'd be sorta lk "yay he saved the day once again no expression"

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 12:05 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I wouldn't say horribly, but I would say I would be disappointed if he's still alive at the end.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 12:34 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

No. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 03:35 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

I'll be really disappointed if Harry doesnt turn out to be a Horcrux, and have to die to defeat Voldermort, unless Rowling manages to create a very clever twist. If it's just a straightforward tragic death, I'll probably be disappointed and if he doesnt die, she'd better have a damn good reason!

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 03:40 AM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nickey
Fallen Angel

Am I the only one who would be dissapointed if he died?

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 04:41 AM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Originally posted by Nickey
Am I the only one who would be dissapointed if he died?

Apparently, no no expression She would be pointed if he died also
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire
No. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 05:03 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Originally posted by TheMercurial
I'll be really disappointed if Harry doesnt turn out to be a Horcrux, and have to die to defeat Voldermort, unless Rowling manages to create a very clever twist. If it's just a straightforward tragic death, I'll probably be disappointed and if he doesnt die, she'd better have a damn good reason!
I've stated my reasons for why it's impossible is the past, so I will leave that theory alone for the time being.

I'm a tad indifferent on the subject. For one thing, unless she has a really good twist or something, there's no way she could legitimately pull off having Harry live. But at the same time, we've spent 7 books over the span of a good 8-10 years reading about and getting to know and understand Harry as a character, and the situation he's in. After all that reading, and all the things Harry did get through, for him to fail the final challenge makes the entire thing seem like a fruitless en devour.

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 07:47 AM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

we have to take into account the circumstances surrounding his death, or his survival.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 07:47 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ndfreak
Master Chief

I think jkr would be disappointed. If HArry does die at the end then many people will be bugging the crap out of her to write new books. better to kill him off in an epic duel than when hes 30 on the streets begging for a nickel saying he was the "chosen one".

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 02:56 PM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SouthernGirl814
Why Can't He Be Mine

OMG u ppl have problems the endin can be good if Harry lives

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 04:02 PM
SouthernGirl814 is currently offline Click here to Send SouthernGirl814 a Private Message Find more posts by SouthernGirl814 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Originally posted by Running Mascara
Yea, I'd be disappointed, but then I'd be sorta lk "yay he saved the day once again no expression"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 04:41 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Dunt copy meh

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 05:18 PM
Nickey
Fallen Angel

Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
OMG u ppl have problems the endin can be good if Harry lives

I totally agree with you 100%. Haven't you people ever heard of happy endings. And wouldn't it be better if she wrote more books on Harry? I mean, the woman is a billionaire because of him, imagine how much money she could make if she made another one. And I also understand what you mean, it would be annoying if the sequel goes on and on. But that doesn't mean she has to kill him. She could start on other stories.

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 05:36 PM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Dunt copy meh

I just did

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 05:57 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

kay

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 06:53 PM
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 08:03 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Nickey
I totally agree with you 100%. Haven't you people ever heard of happy endings. And wouldn't it be better if she wrote more books on Harry? I mean, the woman is a billionaire because of him, imagine how much money she could make if she made another one. And I also understand what you mean, it would be annoying if the sequel goes on and on. But that doesn't mean she has to kill him. She could start on other stories.
No. No more books on Harry. Too big of a risk if you ask me. Really, it actually doesn't matter if he lives or dies. JKR is ending it in a way that if he lives or dies, she wont write more books on him. By explaining what happens to everyone in the last chapter and such. Harry dying or living doesn't phase me... if anyone cries though I'm going to hit them with the 2x4 of Reality...

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 08:41 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

Apparently, no no expression She would be pointed if he died also

Thanks for pointing that out for me RM.

I don't want Harry to die.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 08:57 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote