KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surfers Gaunlet

Surfers Gaunlet
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

Surfers Gaunlet

(please log in to view the image)

Galactus has created a series of battles for Surfer to win in order for him to be worthy enough to become Herald again.

This is no prep. Straight up battles.

Surfer is fully revitalized by Galactus after each fight.

Surfer is fully bloodlusted, no holding back, full out power cosmic assault in every single match.

Gaunlet:

1. Abomination, Carnage, and Omega Red

2. Electro and Holocaust

3. Kang and Dr. Doom

4. Absorbing Man and Blastaar

5. Exodus and Mr. Sinister

6. Ronan and Superskrull

7. Maelstrom

8. Kurse and Loki

9. Fallen One

10. Terrax and Morg (No waters)

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:58 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

I think a fully pissed off Surfer holding nothing back can clear this, but it will be extremely difficult.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 04:02 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

silver surfer clears it.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 04:24 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

No other thoughts?

I think 6,8,9 and 10 are gonna give him the most trouble.

Especially 9 in my opinion will be extrmely tough.

Last edited by nimbus006 on Jul 24th, 2007 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 05:08 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

1. Abomination, Carnage, and Omega Red - He's beaten Abom before at a fraction of Surfer's current power. Carnage and Red are simply cannon fodder.

2. Electro and Holocaust - Electro goes down quickly. Holocaust might cause a bit of damage, but Surfer ultimately overpowers.

3. Kang and Dr. Doom - No prep? Doom falls first. Kang's technology keeps him alive for a bit longer, until Surfer starts messing with his matter.

4. Absorbing Man and Blastaar - I don't think AM has ever absorbed the Power Cosmic. Blastaar gets out-blasted.

5. Exodus and Mr. Sinister - Surfer flips off Exodus's mutant gene and dissolves Sinister.

6. Ronan and Superskrull - Great fight! Superskrull goes down first before the PC (his shields and durability are simply not enough to protect him). Ronan fares better, but Surfer is everything Ronan is and more.

7. Maelstrom - Don't know the character that well, so I can't comment.

8. Kurse and Loki - This seems like one of the toughest battle in the gauntlet. Surfer could actually go down here, were it not for Kurse's pesky weakness to Iron. With Kurse out of the picture, the current Surfer could overpower Loki the same way Thor does.

9. Fallen One - FO doesn't have any showings besides his battle with Thanos. Even if he isn't more powerful, I think the Surfer could outsmart Fallen One for the win.

10. Terrax and Morg (No waters) - Another tough battle. If Terrax and Morg are at their best, they could defeat Surfer. Then again, Norrin is bloodlusted and they are not, so at his post-annihilation levels, he could pull the win.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 05:20 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you could've gotten a better team-mate for Holocaust actually. He stalemated Exodus, pretty much beat the exiles and has taken Thor's hammer several times without his armor even cracking smile

I'd say he has potential to clear it, 9 and 10 are tough as hell. I'm not sure if he could take the majority in 10.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 07:45 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

it isnt anomaly maelstrom so surfer should beat him.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 07:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Stops at Nine, but one on one Surfer takes Morg, and Terrax down.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:04 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Morg with is power cosmic was still a strong match for Silver Surfer if Terrax had not step in Silver Surfer might have lost.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:12 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
I think you could've gotten a better team-mate for Holocaust actually.

I could of, but it was the second match and i didnt want to make it too tough .

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:37 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Acrosurge
1. Abomination, Carnage, and Omega Red - He's beaten Abom before at a fraction of Surfer's current power. Carnage and Red are simply cannon fodder.

2. Electro and Holocaust - Electro goes down quickly. Holocaust might cause a bit of damage, but Surfer ultimately overpowers.

3. Kang and Dr. Doom - No prep? Doom falls first. Kang's technology keeps him alive for a bit longer, until Surfer starts messing with his matter.

4. Absorbing Man and Blastaar - I don't think AM has ever absorbed the Power Cosmic. Blastaar gets out-blasted.

5. Exodus and Mr. Sinister - Surfer flips off Exodus's mutant gene and dissolves Sinister.

6. Ronan and Superskrull - Great fight! Superskrull goes down first before the PC (his shields and durability are simply not enough to protect him). Ronan fares better, but Surfer is everything Ronan is and more.

7. Maelstrom - Don't know the character that well, so I can't comment.

8. Kurse and Loki - This seems like one of the toughest battle in the gauntlet. Surfer could actually go down here, were it not for Kurse's pesky weakness to Iron. With Kurse out of the picture, the current Surfer could overpower Loki the same way Thor does.

9. Fallen One - FO doesn't have any showings besides his battle with Thanos. Even if he isn't more powerful, I think the Surfer could outsmart Fallen One for the win.

10. Terrax and Morg (No waters) - Another tough battle. If Terrax and Morg are at their best, they could defeat Surfer. Then again, Norrin is bloodlusted and they are not, so at his post-annihilation levels, he could pull the win.

Good explanations. I pretty much agree w/ you on every point.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:37 PM
Stupid Rookie

Originally posted by golem370
Morg with is power cosmic was still a strong match for Silver Surfer if Terrax had not step in Silver Surfer might have lost.

When was this? Last time they tangled, when Morg did not have the wol SS pretty much owned him.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:39 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Well when he fought the 4 Heralds and Galactus took away his Power Cosmic he still was able to stop Silver Surfer but the remaining Herald help Surfer destroy Morg. Since the thread started said no WOL he then should still have his power cosmic.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:16 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by golem370
Well when he fought the 4 Heralds and Galactus took away his Power Cosmic he still was able to stop Silver Surfer but the remaining Herald help Surfer destroy Morg. Since the thread started said no WOL he then should still have his power cosmic.

Morg w/ PC and a fraction of WOL lost to Surfer..

Morg has always had it after being merged with it tell a little after the nullifier incident.

The only reason why Surfer lost his first match w/ him is
understamation and lack of brutality..

In this gauntlet dough Surfer's bloodlusted, if he takes 7 and 8 he should clear it..

My Artwork

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:54 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Yeah I don't think he would have lost to Morg that beat the four Heralds. Even Terrax wanted Silver Surfer to go get Galactus because he said that even with Surfer they could not defeat him.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:21 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Re: Surfers Gaunlet

Originally posted by nimbus006
(please log in to view the image)

Galactus has created a series of battles for Surfer to win in order for him to be worthy enough to become Herald again.

This is no prep. Straight up battles.

Surfer is fully revitalized by Galactus after each fight.

Surfer is fully bloodlusted, no holding back, full out power cosmic assault in every single match.

Gaunlet:

Surfer loses the entire gauntlet
In fact he doesnt' show up to fight.
He wouldn't want to be the herald of galactus again unless he had no other choice. Therefore, he would have no reason to fight the gauntlet. the end.

surfer goes to earth to play lazertag! cause lazertag is awesome! :P you have to see how i met your mother to understadn.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:45 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Re: Re: Surfers Gaunlet

Originally posted by rotiart
He wouldn't want to be the herald of galactus again unless he had no other choice. Therefore, he would have no reason to fight the gauntlet. the end.

surfer goes to earth to play lazertag! cause lazertag is awesome! :P you have to see how i met your mother to understadn.
Surfer's a herald right now... no expression

And, nice to see you back.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:47 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Re: Re: Surfers Gaunlet

Originally posted by rotiart

Riiiiiight cuz he just didnt finish destroying two Galactus level beings in honor of Galactus confused

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:54 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Re: Re: Re: Surfers Gaunlet

Originally posted by nimbus006
Riiiiiight cuz he just didnt finish destroying two Galactus level beings in honor of Galactus confused

you are talking about annihilation? sorry if i don't remember him saying anything about wanting to go back to being a herald...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:57 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Dunno if you read heralds of Galactus, but Surfer risked his life for Galactus and beat Tenebrous and Aegis. To me that sounds like loyalty and honor.

And the thread is hypothetical like all the other threads on this forum... so why argue whether or not it will happen and just go with it?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 07:10 PM