KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Wickerman Good

The Wickerman Good
Started by: froglegcutlet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
froglegcutlet

The Wickerman Good

Completely terrifying, The Wickerman is a must see. I saw this movie last weekend and found the movie a lot better than expected. Nicholas Cage performed magnificently to pull off a sick twist.

Unlike the original movie that took place on a remote mysterious Scottish island, this movie brought to life a sheltered community in the Puget Sound off the Washington coast.

Based on old 70’s flick, a story written by Anthony Shaffer, Neil LaBute (producer) brought this horror to big screen with a thrilling 21st century rollercoaster bang.

Here’s a quick synopsis: The main character goes on a journey to investigate the disappearance of a young girl. He discovers that the locals are weird and unhelpful, and becomes determined to get to the bottom of the disappearance.

Loved it.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 07:50 AM
froglegcutlet is currently offline Click here to Send froglegcutlet a Private Message Find more posts by froglegcutlet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Laugh

The Wickerman was effin great smile , i was sad for the ending though confused

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 02:06 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Belongs in the Horror forum, BTW.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 02:16 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Core

Pretty much, but it was ****ing hilarious.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2007 05:22 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by Solo
Pretty much, but it was ****ing hilarious.

"Oh no, not the bees! Not the bees! Ahhhhhh! All over my eyes! Eyes! Blaaaarghhh!" laughing

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 08:29 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by The Core

for the first time in history I think me and The Core actually agree on something for a change.Yeah I thought it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen as well.Definetely the worst movie of the year for me.That sucked how all those people committed murder at the end killing of Cages character and they got away with it scott free. mad horrible ending that ruined the whole movie for me.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 10:49 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

The Wickerman(06) BAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 01:26 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Wickerman remake was horrendous, absolutely shite. I was cringing through most of the movie, can't believe some of the people signed up for it. Didn't pay a penny towards it though, so not all bad.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 06:49 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Originally posted by Mr Parker
for the first time in history I think me and The Core actually agree on something for a change.Yeah I thought it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen as well.Definetely the worst movie of the year for me.That sucked how all those people committed murder at the end killing of Cages character and they got away with it scott free. mad horrible ending that ruined the whole movie for me.

Just because the main character dies doesn't mean that the movie was terrible. I thought the movie was great, not like any other movie out their, where the main character always wins. Yea I was sad at the end but thats what made it good, you didn't expect any of it; when most of you probly figured he'd end up finding the daughter at the end an there family would live happily ever after. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 05:34 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have you not seen the original, the remake is nothing new for the main character getting killed... if you meant the original, ignore.

I'm sick of remakes getting praise for things when it was in the original film to start with...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 05:38 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Originally posted by MildPossession
Have you not seen the original, the remake is nothing new for the main character getting killed... if you meant the original, ignore.

I'm sick of remakes getting praise for things when it was in the original film to start with...

I actually didn't know it was a remake, sorry. But still even if it wasn't the original its still unlike any other mysterious/thriller movies out there today. You also gotta realize that alot of people don't know that alot of the movies out today are remakes; I just didn't know this particular film was one of them.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 06:09 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is a very big shame.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 09:51 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

they are just like bad cover versions.........the originals will last out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 03:42 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flight643
The Truth

The remake was laughable... The Original was truly terrifying with Christopher Lee giving a chilling performance. Shame it had to be remade, there was no need for it whatsoever, but thats Hollywood these days mad

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 03:52 PM
Flight643 is currently offline Click here to Send Flight643 a Private Message Find more posts by Flight643 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intelegent purp

There should be a sequel, where the guys psycho ex con brother comes looking for him and finds out the twisted freaks burnt him alive, so he goes mental and spends the entire flick killing every last single one of them, ending it with a giant burning wickerman filled with all those evil little girls, you know like poetic justice.
the film sucked, I was left feeling pissed that the evil witches got away with it, by the end of the flick when cage is burning I wanted them all dead, even his daughter who lit the fire, oh my god that film was sick and disturbing, it slowly built up my anger towards the women of the island until i wanted to see some full on Texas chainsaw massacre style action, where the evil fuks get whats coming to them, but nothing, they break his legs and he begs, then he burns. IT SUCKED

Old Post May 18th, 2007 04:01 PM
intelegent purp is currently offline Click here to Send intelegent purp a Private Message Find more posts by intelegent purp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Thought the original is errily disturbing in its vivid atmosphere, I must say the remake wasnt that bad. Had problems with dialogue and pacing, but it was a fair updated version.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 11:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

My husband to be wanted to see it but if it is horror then I dont want to see it at all.Is it?jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 24th, 2007 11:22 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nordicdusk

I was upset that there was going to be a remake as the original is one of my fav movies. I just knew that this would be rubbish i just hope that its makes people aware of the original so maybe something good can come from this.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 01:45 PM
Nordicdusk is currently offline Click here to Send Nordicdusk a Private Message Find more posts by Nordicdusk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Flight643
The remake was laughable... The Original was truly terrifying with Christopher Lee giving a chilling performance. Shame it had to be remade, there was no need for it whatsoever, but thats Hollywood these days mad

Wickerman REMAKE no good. Wickerman REMAKE go away, don't come back. Wickerman REMAKE not worth talking about. Wickerman REMAKE not even Sci Fi/Fantasy, so it doesn't belong here.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 06:15 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

The original was camp but good the remake was a joke.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 11:47 AM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote