KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Galvatron vs Grimlock

Galvatron vs Grimlock
Started by: zbucsz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zbucsz
Pimp

Galvatron vs Grimlock

In the city ding ding ding

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 04:46 PM
zbucsz is currently offline Click here to Send zbucsz a Private Message Find more posts by zbucsz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Galvatron........ For obvious reasons.......

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 12:28 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Galvatron........ For obvious reasons.......

yaaa

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 02:14 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Galvatron killed Starsream in one shot in the movie...bloodlusted....Galvatron takes this....he's just plain meaner.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:01 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Well no way in hell is Galvatron stronger than Grimlock, but if he uses his canon correctly he should stop the Dinobot...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:37 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Didn't Galvatron have a one hit kill canon?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 05:20 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Even if we take away the fact that he one-shotted Starscream, the first five episodes of Season three has him:

#1- One shot the Planet Thrall.

#2- One shot that Earth Defense Platform and several ships.

#3- Single handedly wipeout up to 5 Sweeps.

#4- Severely damage the Quintesson Ship with a single blast from his Arm cannon.

It's just too much for Grimlock to take on... Megatron Grimmy could hang with fairly, but Galvatron is a whole new ballgame.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 09:52 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

How did Galvatron fair against Optimus? If they ever fought that is.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 01:24 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

They never fought directly in the Toons, but I suspect he would fair about as well as he fared with Megs.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 10:25 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Even if we take away the fact that he one-shotted Starscream, the first five episodes of Season three has him:

#1- One shot the Planet Thrall.

#2- One shot that Earth Defense Platform and several ships.

#3- Single handedly wipeout up to 5 Sweeps.

#4- Severely damage the Quintesson Ship with a single blast from his Arm cannon.

It's just too much for Grimlock to take on... Megatron Grimmy could hang with fairly, but Galvatron is a whole new ballgame.

agreed...

but i've always wondered, with the amount of firepower that Galvatron posseses, why doesn't he just blow the autobot headquarters from afar?...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 01:38 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Because he's insane.... one moment he's hesitant about attacking Earth, and the next, he wants to plug holes in it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 06:15 AM
Scythe
The Goat

But like I asked before, does Galvatron possess a one shot kill cannon?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 01:32 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Scythe
But like I asked before, does Galvatron possess a one shot kill cannon?

No. During the Return of Optimus Prime episode he shot some of the infected decepticons with it, and it just knocked them down for a bit.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 02:18 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Galvatron.

Grimlock could NEVER take this kind of hit and walk away from it just fine.

(please log in to view the image)

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 04:33 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Nice comic scan. Shows Galvy at his best.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 10:05 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hands up how many people have actually been into TF long enough to know what they're on about? Doesn't seem to be many here.

Galvatron couldn't beat Grimlock, especially comics Grimlock.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 12:33 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hands up how many people have actually been into TF long enough to know what they're on about? Doesn't seem to be many here.

Galvatron couldn't beat Grimlock, especially comics Grimlock.

-AC

I'm highly uneducated on Galvatron seeing as how he was always my most hated character, but highly skilled Decepticon or not, Grimlock was a savage fighter that could dismantle most any bot. I remember when I was a kid I read a comic that explained the toughness of Grimlock's hide. It was said to be of a stronger more durable alloy then that which Unicron is composed of. Grimlock takes the cake.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 02:31 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

He didn't become leader of the Autobots for no reason, and the Autobots didn't dethrone him for being too violent and too careless for no reason.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:36 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

I've been into TF since I was a small boy... and I'm 25 now...

Now, I stand by my earlier statebents in relation to the toons... Grimlock can't handl;e potential planet busting shots, not when all it took was an exploding jumbo jet to dismantle the Dinobots...

However, comic Grimlock was taken down by Starscream with a point blank null ray blast... while galvy eatomise starscream... it's A>B>C logic, and I hate it, but I'm not as confident in the comic argument as I am in the toon one, since I know the toons a whole lot better.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 10:58 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been into TF since I was a small boy... and I'm 25 now...

Now, I stand by my earlier statebents in relation to the toons... Grimlock can't handl;e potential planet busting shots, not when all it took was an exploding jumbo jet to dismantle the Dinobots...

However, comic Grimlock was taken down by Starscream with a point blank null ray blast... while galvy eatomise starscream... it's A>B>C logic, and I hate it, but I'm not as confident in the comic argument as I am in the toon one, since I know the toons a whole lot better.

Everyone has been "taken down" by everyone at some point, by some blast or another. A>B>C logic is silly, Grimlock is one of the strongest transformers ever, even in the cartoons.

It didn't take a jumbo jet to dismantle the Autobots, and certainly don't act like such an insignificant event can be taken seriously in the series. Especially when they've endured much worse and kept fighting.

Galvatron having "planet busting" shots is just a one time only hype tactic. Just like Megatron having the ability to increase his fusion cannon power by channelling energy from a black hole.

Galvatron killed Starscream because they wanted him to make a grand entrance. If Galvatron could actually do that, he'd be doing it all the time, he doesn't.

Galvatron is just a very powerful leader, who lost almost all the main one on one fights he had in the show, and retreated for most of the battles. In the comics Grimlock is much smarter, more powerful and more vicious.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:01 PM