KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Mutt? Shia LaBeouf?

Mutt? Shia LaBeouf?
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Question Mutt? Shia LaBeouf?

I didn't see this topic on the boards and although its obviously been discussed, it really does deserve its own thread.

So Shia LaBeouf a.k.a that-annoying-kid-you've-seen-about seems to have got into Spielberg's good books and although I was incredibly unconvinced by the fact that Indy would get another sidekick and also the fact that that sidekick would be none other than Shia LaBeouf. As I saw him in Disturbia and Transformers however (both poor) he was actually pretty good, and held the movie together well. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing if he nails it or not.

What does everyone else think?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 09:11 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Yeah I don't mind Shia. I think he's a good actor and deserves to be playing in a movie like Indiana Jones. As long as the movie is Indy-centric and not focusing too much on Mutt I'm fine with that.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 09:30 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

As long as the script has more than TFs did for him IEsadWhooooooOOOOAHHHHHHHHHH and Wheyyyyyyyyyahhhhhhhhhhhh being the entirety of his "how to convey that I in danger" range in those) then he should be ok.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 12:52 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Despite the lame script, I thought Shia did an excellent job in TF. Now let's see him in a pic with a good script and a good director.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 09:38 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HollywoodGurl

hope it more indiana i was wish sean connery would be in it sad

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 06:37 PM
HollywoodGurl is currently offline Click here to Send HollywoodGurl a Private Message Find more posts by HollywoodGurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Despite the lame script, I thought Shia did an excellent job in TF. Now let's see him in a pic with a good script and a good director.

OK the script may have been the problem, I accept that...

...that and Michael Bay having directed him too.

I'll reserve my judgement then.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 08:21 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I watched "Surfs Up" at the weekend with my kids and thoroughly enjoyed it, mainly thanks to the vocal talents of the lead actor who brought an innocent, paranoid, neurotic feel to a very innocent character. And Who was he? Shia Lebouf. I didn't know it was him till I read the DVD cover afterwards. Go Shia and roll on Indy IV. Mark my words one day people will be proud to have had this guy on board KOTCS.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 11:08 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
OK the script may have been the problem, I accept that...

...that and Michael Bay having directed him too.

I'll reserve my judgement then.

I thought TF was and unexpected entretaining movie.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 10:52 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It was entertaining in places, but it wasn't consistent; you jump from chuckling to cringing in a matter of seconds.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 01:34 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

True, but on the whole I liked the ride. I really dig the review in Empire where they start explaing the movie story line about a cube, an old man... and after two sentences they say something like... oh hell, forget that, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 09:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx

From what i have seen, he seems to have a natural charisma and a functional acting ability that may grow into a screen presence as he matures. I thought he did a good job in Superman returns, he seemed to make Disturbia work, even though it was a bad movie. Considering all of the other horrible teenage and young adult stars out there. I dont have a problem with him being cast in an Indiana Jones movie. It should have been expected that Indy would have a young side kick in this movie to make up for his age. as long as he is a not to whiny, i'm sure it will work fine

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 11:24 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It seems he'll be a bit serious-Fonzie like.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 05:04 AM
whiterose

anyone may know how will this Mutt boy be important in the flick?

Old Post May 6th, 2008 06:23 AM
whiterose is currently offline Click here to Send whiterose a Private Message Find more posts by whiterose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Pretty important it seems.

He's a Marlon Brando.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 04:51 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

It seems he'll be a bit serious-Fonzie like.

It is focused around that time era, he's probably a greaser.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 04:50 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The hat really makes him look like Brando in The Wild One.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 09:30 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Holy crap, didn't even notice.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 10:55 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What??? How can you miss that? It's so obvious.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:23 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

What??? How can you miss that? It's so obvious.

Well in my defense I haven't seen that movie in several years.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:03 AM
queeq
Chaos

It's an iconic image.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:58 AM