KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Should Frank Welker have voiced Megatron?

Who's voice is best for Megatron in the 2007 movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Frank Welker 11 64.71%
Someone other than Frank Welker 6 35.29%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Frank Welker have voiced Megatron?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Should Frank Welker have voiced Megatron?

Frank Welker, as some know, was not casted as the voice of Megatron in the Transformers movie, because his voiced had aged since the G1 series many years ago, and some said that his voice didn't quite fit the new look of Megatron in the 2007 movie. Hugo Weaving, instead, was casted as Megatron.

Peter Cullen, however, was casted as the voice of Optimus Prime, despite his different appearance. What say you? Should Frank Welker, the man of 1,000 voices and sound effects, have been casted as Megatron's voice? Hugo Weaving isn't even adding his voice for the Transformer's video game that is being released this Summer. Guess who is doing the voice of Megatron? Yup. Frank Welker is.

I, myself, say Welker.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 06:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I'm unsure.

Cullens voice is noticeably aged (he sounds...weaker..more weary then he did during the series, understandable however) but the thing about Megatron was he had this shriek sort of tone about him , I'd have to hear Weavings version , compare and then listen to the video games version and see what I make of them.

BTW: Is their a sample of teh video games Megatron voice yet ?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:17 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This is the only one I could find, so far. I'm looking for more samples/media.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
This is the only one I could find, so far. I'm looking for more samples/media.

Pretty good* , anything of Weavings portrayal ?

*Did anyone else find it odd Welker didn't mention about his former stint as Megatron ?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:39 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Something else: A mini interview with Cullen and Welker.

Originally posted by grey fox
Pretty good* , anything of Weavings portrayal ?

*Did anyone else find it odd Welker didn't mention about his former stint as Megatron ?

I can't find anything with Weaving's voice. I'm guessing that it's a hush-hush thing until the movie's release.

Last edited by Impediment on Jun 25th, 2007 at 08:42 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:39 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Impediment
Something else: A mini interview with Cullen and Welker.

I can't find anything with Weaving's voice. I'm guessing that it's a hush-hush thing until the movie's release.

f*ck

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 09:06 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

eh, I voted before I heard Welker's voice, he still sounds great but I'm not sure if he'll be as good as Weaving, Weaving has a very powerful voice, I'm not sure if he'll top Welker though.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 03:51 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Menetnashté
eh, I voted before I heard Welker's voice, he still sounds great but I'm not sure if he'll be as good as Weaving, Weaving has a very powerful voice, I'm not sure if he'll top Welker though.

It's funny though , the old megatron looks reasonably smooth yet Welker did a scratchy 'sharp' voice , yet on the new 'I'm a walking pine tree' version of Megatron their giving him Agent Smith...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 06:58 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

It's funny though , the old megatron looks reasonably smooth yet Welker did a scratchy 'sharp' voice , yet on the new 'I'm a walking pine tree' version of Megatron their giving him Agent Smith...

Lol, well in any case I think Hugo has a very thundering like voice, he'd play a better God than morgan Freeman

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 11:07 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Lol, well in any case I think Hugo has a very thundering like voice, he'd play a better God than morgan Freeman

Nah , Freemen was going for a peaceful God feel, not a 'Old Testament' feel.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 12:32 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Nah , Freemen was going for a peaceful God feel, not a 'Old Testament' feel.

yeah, guess you're right.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 02:05 PM
Impediment
Endless

I'm actually anxious to hear what Weaving will sound like as Megatron, since there is absolutely no samples whatsoever.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 06:18 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I've been lookin' for clips of what the movie rendition of Megatron will sound like and also found nothin'. Hmm.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 01:43 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

After seeing Welker in the video game I've concluded that he wouldn't be the best option for the new Megatron.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 10:41 AM
Scythe
The Goat

After seeing Welker in the video game I've concluded that he wouldn't be the best option for the new Megatron.

Really? How come?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 12:56 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Scythe
Really? How come?

His voice just doesn't seem to fit the new look, it still sounds a lot like old Megatron but the new Megatron just looks so much different, I can picture Hugo doing it now and it seems more fitting.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 11:06 AM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i saw a clip of Megatron talking on the letterman show and its just i dont know how to describe it...i gotta hear it again, i dunno how hugo did that voice even w/ the vocal fx

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 04:31 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Link?!!?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 05:06 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

found it, or one...whatever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2LoNrhRj4Y

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 06:49 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

the one from the letterman show was not like that youtube clip, it was REALLY intense, megatron/hugo goin "GIIIVE ME THE ALLSPAARRKK!!" and wahtnot it sounded nothing like hugo to me

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 06:52 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote