KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyborg Superman vs. Silver Surfer

Cyborg Superman vs. Silver Surfer
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Cyborg Superman vs. Silver Surfer

No prep. The fight takes place inside the Fortress of Solitude.

Who wins this epic battle?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:35 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

given the battlefield, Surfer takes it imo

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:38 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Classic Henshaw or current Henshaw with 8 yellow rings?

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:38 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

He's formidable enough without the rings.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:39 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
He's formidable enough without the rings.

Agreed. Putting him inside the fortress of solitude is overkill though, Henshaw would curbstomp SS with that type of tech everywhere.

A fight in space would probably be a lot more fair.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:42 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I don't see the tech as being that big of an issue. A depowered Surfer's canceled out every machine on Earth before, so it likely won't remain functional that long. Also, I never saw Henshaw with any kind of resistance to K-Note(though there may be instances that I'm unaware of) so Henshaw won't fair as well as Supes in that department.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:44 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't see the tech as being that big of an issue. A depowered Surfer's canceled out every machine on Earth before, so it likely won't remain functional that long. Also, I never saw Henshaw with any kind of resistance to K-Note(though there may be instances that I'm unaware of) so Henshaw won't fair as well as Supes in that department.

Tech has been a problem for SS and that was Earth's tech, not kryptonian tech...

The fortress has tech and devices from all sorts of advanced cultures and even multiversal knowledge.

It's absolutely not fair to Surfer.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:50 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Avlon
Tech has been a problem for SS and that was Earth's tech, not kryptonian tech...

And what do we call that when people don't use the powers that are readily available to them to make less powerful people a threat? Don't we have a specific classification for that...

The fortress has tech and devices from all sorts of advanced cultures and even multiversal knowledge.

The tech that Surfer's manipulated includes the tech of Galactus, the Ovoids, the Microverse, and the tech of Reed and Doom, so I fail to see why you consider Surfer to be screwed here.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:54 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I'm thinking Surfer unleashes an omnidirectional blast that wipes out the whole Fortress, and then he deals with Henshaw mano a mano.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 02:56 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

And what do we call that when people don't use the powers that are readily available to them to make less powerful people a threat? Don't we have a specific classification for that...

Even though it's happened quite often?

Funny...looks like tech to me...

(please log in to view the image)

The tech that Surfer's manipulated includes the tech of Galactus, the Ovoids, the Microverse, and the tech of Reed and Doom, so I fail to see why you consider Surfer to be screwed here.

Reed, Doom, and Galactus tech have all taken out Surfer as well.

And then there are tech weapons such as these..

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:05 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by masterbruce
I'm thinking Surfer unleashes an omnidirectional blast that wipes out the whole Fortress, and then he deals with Henshaw mano a mano.

The current fortress can rebuild in seconds using sunstone.

It's pretty much back to precrisis type tech.

Henshaw could easily put SS in the phantom zone powerless.

It's a lot more fair in space AWAY from tech.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:07 AM
darthgoober

Even though it's happened quite often?

Funny...looks like tech to me...

Reed, Doom, and Galactus tech have all taken out Surfer as well.

And then there are tech weapons such as these..

It doesn't matter how often it happens, unless you want to start considering people with NO superspeed to be a threat to guys like Superman(who gets tagged plenty). If you want to get into a scan contest, I guarantee I can find more instances of Surfer easily dealing with tech than you can find of him going down to it.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:09 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

It doesn't matter how often it happens, unless you want to start considering people with NO superspeed to be a threat to guys like Superman(who gets tagged plenty). If you want to get into a scan contest, I guarantee I can find more instances of Surfer easily dealing with tech than you can find of him going down to it.

It wouldn't make him any less vulnerable to it...check with Black Panther for a recent example.

And disregarding every example with "it doesn't matter" sounds a tad fanboyish.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:13 AM
Starscream M

The current fortress can rebuild in seconds using sunstone.

if that's the case, then I agree Surfer's screwed.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:17 AM
darthgoober

It wouldn't make him any less vulnerable to it...check with Black Panther for a recent example.

I didn't say he'd be less vulnerable to it, I said that it wouldn't be that big of an issue and in a no PIS setting it won't be. Surfer has far more instances of dealing with tech than being taken out by it.

And disregarding every example with "it doesn't matter" sounds a tad fanboyish.

So all the instances of Supes being tagged by people without a significant level of superspeed are viable evidence then?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:18 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by masterbruce
if that's the case, then I agree Surfer's screwed.

The recent fortress was created in seconds from Superman tossing a shard of sunstone into the antarctic ice.

It even had a map of the multiverse in a piece the size of an iphone.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:19 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

I didn't say he'd be less vulnerable to it, I said that it wouldn't be that big of an issue and in a no PIS setting it won't be. Surfer has far more instances of dealing with tech than being taken out by it.

Even when said tech is specifically made to absorb or stop power cosmic?

So all the instances of Supes being tagged by people without a significant level of superspeed are viable evidence then?

Sure, if you want to do the same for Surfer...who already struggles with speed off his board and not traveling.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:21 AM
darthgoober

Even when said tech is specifically made to absorb or stop power cosmic?

Yes actually. That scan you showed with the devices on Surfer, those were specifically designed to drain Surfer. And he overloaded them and then nullified the tech of the guy who put them on him in the first place.

Sure, if you want to do the same for Surfer...who already struggles with speed off his board and not traveling.

I'm pretty sure it's going to hurt Supes more than Surfer. The MAJORITY of Supes wins here on the forum are due to his speed. The majority of Surfer's wins are due to his versatility and overall power. Hell, why would he be off his board in a forum fight anyway?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:25 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Yes actually. That scan you showed with the devices on Surfer, those were specifically designed to drain Surfer. And he overloaded them and then nullified the tech of the guy who put them on him in the first place.

He was recently drained by Black Panther, and was completely helpless against that tech "pac-man."

1 shot to the phantom zone would end this fight quickly among other ways. SS isn't getting out of that one.

I'm pretty sure it's going to hurt Supes more than Surfer. The MAJORITY of Supes wins here on the forum are due to his speed. The majority of Surfer's wins are due to his versatility and overall power. Hell, why would he be off his board in a forum fight anyway?

Actually, I would wager the opposite.

And, considering that this is Henshaw and not Superman...and that Henshaw is WAY more versatile, I don't see how that matters.

P.S. Surfer has been knocked off his board many times.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:34 AM
darthgoober

He was recently drained by Black Panther, and was completely helpless against that tech "pac-man."

And how many times has Supes been tagged by people with sub light speed...

1 shot to the phantom zone would end this fight quickly among other ways. SS isn't getting out of that one.

Just like he couldn't get out of the Soul World right?

Actually, I would wager the opposite.

And, considering that this is Henshaw and not Superman...and that Henshaw is WAY more versatile, I don't see how that matters.

That's right it's Henshaw not Supes, so what kind of resistance has Cyborg shown to K-nite? And it matters because you're trying to limit Surfer by saying that he's f*cked as far as tech goes based on a couple of PIS moments, but at the same time you act like guys with sub light speeds can't touch Supes in a forum fight despite the fact that he's been tagged FAR more times than Surfer's gone down to tech.

P.S. Surfer has been knocked off his board many times.

But luckily enough his opponents would have to knock him off first. Supes would just start off at a BS speed.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:41 AM