KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Episode 8x08: Bloodline

Episode 8x08: Bloodline
Started by: hermione7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Episode 8x08: Bloodline

KARA RETURNS — Clark (Tom Welling) receives an anonymous package containing the crystal that Tess (Cassidy Freeman) found in the Arctic. When he removes the crystal, it activates and sends him and a visiting Lois (Erica Durance) to the Phantom Zone where they run into Kara (guest star Laura Vandervoort). Kara opens a portal for Lois to return but Zod’s wife Faora escapes with her and takes over Lois’ body. A possessed Lois goes on a rampage in Metropolis. Allison Mack, Aaron Ashmore and Justin Hartley also star. Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Caroline Dries

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 06:02 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This should be a good episode.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 02:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Why'd they get rid of Kara anyway?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 04:00 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 07:23 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 01:56 AM
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

Wow, that trailer left me hungry for more.

So glad Kara is back!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 03:25 PM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Why'd they get rid of Kara anyway?

I've no idea..

I'm just glad she is back..

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

The Kara character sucked. I'm glad she's gone.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 11:34 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Originally posted by Badwolf
Wow, that trailer left me hungry for more.

So glad Kara is back!

aww. i love ur sig and av!

I think Kara's only for guesting one ep. that is bloodline
she's cool

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 09:23 AM
Badabing
Karen

Re: Episode 8x08: Bloodline

Originally posted by hermione7
KARA RETURNS — Clark (Tom Welling) receives an anonymous package containing the crystal that Tess (Cassidy Freeman) found in the Arctic. When he removes the crystal, it activates and sends him and a visiting Lois (Erica Durance) to the Phantom Zone where they run into Kara (guest star Laura Vandervoort). Kara opens a portal for Lois to return but Zod’s wife Faora escapes with her and takes over Lois’ body. A possessed Lois goes on a rampage in Metropolis. Allison Mack, Aaron Ashmore and Justin Hartley also star. Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Caroline Dries
Sounds good. I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 08:02 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

Kara's great in short doses, like in the comics. She started off strong in the beginning of last season, but like the quality of everything else, slowly deteriorated. Overall I feel she lessened Clark's presence when she was a main character. I love the character by herself coupled with some nice interactions between alien cousins yet she needs to remain out of Smallville's spotlight.

Zod's wife taking over Lois? Really? Another one of those? =/

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 07:10 AM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallvi...Kara-35371.aspx

Smallville's Supergirl Returns! (But She's Feeling Not-So-Super)

After spending what to us seemed like an eternity trapped in the Phantom Zone (thanks, Brainiac!), Clark Kent's cousin returns this Thursday to Smallville (8 pm/ET, the CW). Laura Vandervoort shared with us a super peek at where Kara has been... and where her own career is going. (Hint: She donned a bikini to follow in Jessica Alba's barefootsteps.)

TVGuide.com: Where in the universe has Kara been?
Laura Vandervoort: She's been in the Phantom Zone — and apparently Smallville had forgotten that, because no one has mentioned her since the season started. [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: Is she any worse for the wear?
Vandervoort: Yeah. Time passes by faster in the Phantom Zone, but when Clark finds her she's a little bit messed up in the head. She's on-edge and not quite herself.

TVGuide.com: What, overall, is the "Bloodline" episode about?
Vandervoort: It's about Clark and Kara coming together as a family, but perhaps deciding that they need to not be in the same place to best help the world. There's a little line at the end of the episode about how they'll always be close to each other's hearts and be family, no matter what.

TVGuide.com: Is this where Kara urges Clark to don some tights already?
Vandervoort: I don't think you're ever going to see him in tights. [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: Does she at least give him that much-needed flying lesson...?
Vandervoort: Um, no. There was that one episode last season where she attempted to teach him and it didn't work out, so I don't think she'll be the one to do it.

TVGuide.com: Do you have scenes with anyone outside of Tom Welling?
Vandervoort: I have scenes with Erica [Durance, Lois], but they don't last too long, because I knock her out — mistakenly! And I have a brief scene with Allison [Mack, Chloe].
TVGuide.com: Does Kara know Chloe is Brainiac?
Vandervoort: No, she doesn't. Kara doesn't talk about Brainiac at all.

TVGuide.com: Were you glad to get the call to make this return appearance?
Vandervoort: Yeah! When they told me last season they had kind of run out of storylines for me and they needed to focus on Clark, I was upset because in my mind I was planning to be back for another season. And there was also the [once-rumored Supergirl] spin-off thing. I took it personally and said to the producers, "Look, is there something I could have done better?" They said, "We want you all the time on the show." But they've got to focus on Clark and Lois, and having another superhero around who could fly, while Clark can't, wouldn't work out.

TVGuide.com: Yeah, it's a bit emasculating for ol' Clark.
Vandervoort: Tom, when I left, said, "You're going to move on to good things," and [the producers] did mention I might come back for one or two [episodes]. I've been back for one, and I think that's probably it.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 02:29 PM
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

Originally posted by hermione7
aww. i love ur sig and av!

I think Kara's only for guesting one ep. that is bloodline
she's cool

Thanks chicl!

I am in a Smallville mood so they will all be smallville based for the next month.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 08:04 PM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

lmao doomsday is zod's son..

w/e

smallville always doing something crazy and extreme with the superman mythos as if it's 1 big joke...

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 01:39 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

oh ok. he was created by zod and wifey..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 01:46 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

i love the ep..! superness

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 06:42 AM
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

Zod makes babies to destroy other planets? Meh, don't like that thought since he's known as a ruler and conqueror. But that's Zod and this is his son, who got a decent Smallville origin.

Kara underutilized again. Nice finish to her storyline at least, especially the Kandor remark.

Lois' voice sounded great. Much better than when Lex was Zod and he sounded stone cold all the time. She had a little indescribable pop to it.

8/10

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 06:56 AM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by jumpmann
Zod makes babies to destroy other planets? Meh, don't like that thought since he's known as a ruler and conqueror. But that's Zod and this is his son, who got a decent Smallville origin.

Kara underutilized again. Nice finish to her storyline at least, especially the Kandor remark.

Lois' voice sounded great. Much better than when Lex was Zod and he sounded stone cold all the time. She had a little indescribable pop to it.

8/10

Actually Zod makes babies to destroy the planets' inhabitants so that the House of Zod only inhabits the planet.

Kinda sounds like D.B.Z. Or the other way around actually.

Goku sent to earth after planet vegeta blew up, only to destroy all humans so that the Sayiin race can populate the planet and call it their own.

I loved the mention of Kandor... I haven’t heard about that place for years but i remember loving the concept of a small piece of krypton and kryptonians surviving the blast.

Isn’t the city small though? And incase in a bubble or something like that?

And ok, ill admit, Lois look absolutely gorgeous. She had a classy look you'd see in the 40's-50's era.

the funniest parts where when Chloe was getting annoyed by McQueen bitchin' and Chloe goes "do i tell you how to shoot your arrows? Do i? So relax..."

And when Lois said "Clark, we've been abducted by aliens" while she was inside the Phantom Zone. haha

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 02:26 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Fair episode..

Kara should've been in it more..

Still not liking Witwer as Dommsday, and you know that Clark will prolly defeat him easily

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 08:12 PM
Badabing
Karen

I thought it was okay.

Sorry to see Kara gone.

Interested in how the Chloe and DD situations play out.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 11:42 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote