KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you really think you'd get JUSTICE out of the court system?

Do you really think you'd get JUSTICE out of the court system?
Started by: debbiejo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Do you really think you'd get JUSTICE out of the court system?

Do you really believe the court system has your best interests in mind when you go to court? Do you believe that all the evidence is looked at unbiased and not tampered with.

Bottom line; do you believe the US court system defends the innocent, or defends their pockets. If you were caught in the system what would you expect to happen.

Do you think that our court system has gotten better or worse over time..

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:17 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

I went through the system twice. Both times things turned out for the best. And both those times were more or less the way I wanted them to go. *shrugs*

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:43 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Re: Do you really think you'd get JUSTICE out of the court system?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
Do you really believe the court system has your best interests in mind when you go to court? Do you believe that all the evidence is looked at unbiased and not tampered with.

Bottom line; do you believe the US court system defends the innocent, or defends their pockets. If you were caught in the system what would you expect to happen.

Depends where you are.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:52 PM
The_God is currently offline Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahria
Killin' Ya Softly

I think most of the time if your in the right, things can turn out good. But I do know of at least one person who accused and convicted of a crime he didn't do. But that was all a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:53 PM
Zahria is currently offline Click here to Send Zahria a Private Message Find more posts by Zahria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Well it is not a court of justice but law and if it happens to be in your favor than yes but that is not the intent.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:14 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Mistakes are made, sometimes cops do them on purpose sometimes judges ignore evidence. But I think in general that the justice system still works.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:20 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well as it stands here, it's not about proving someone did an evil, and what is good or bad, but Did they actually break any laws. Nothing more and nothing less....yet, there seems to be much bias in this country along with the good ol boys club of "You do me a favor, and then I'll do you one the next time."
It's sad really, what it has become. It seems to be the same old story of it's not what you know, but WHO you know...fortunately there is the Court of Appeals.

The News paper are full of stores lately in regards to judges being disciplined and centured. It seems to be an epidemic's here. Anyone else notice this?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:25 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Well as it stands here, it's not about proving someone did an evil, and what is good or bad, but Did they actually break any laws. Nothing more and nothing less....yet, there seems to be much bias in this country along with the good ol boys club of "You do me a favor, and then I'll do you one the next time."
It's sad really, what it has become. It seems to be the same old story of it's not what you know, but WHO you know...fortunately there is the Court of Appeals.

The News paper are full of stores lately in regards to judges being disciplined and centured. It seems to be an epidemic's here. Anyone else notice this?
This happens in every court system around the world and has throughout history; it is only more noticeable because of the modern age of information and how easily information can be sent. You will get flair ups of stories once someone big is caught then all the reporters are out there looking at everyone trying to get the same type of story because that is the new “hot” topic in the news when it has been going on all along.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:32 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Then what should be done with Judges who don't follow procedural law, though it's not really a law. You cannot sue a judge.....so me thinks we should bomb them... evil face

In other words, what can we do to stop judges who cannot be sued and be accountable for breaking laws.

Last edited by debbiejo on Jul 27th, 2007 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:35 PM
Fishy

Of course that shit happens, happens everywhere, it doesn't happen in large scale however so in general justice system still works.

And of course justice isn't about good or evil, it's about breaking the law or not. Sometimes that means people who did something that most people would consider morally right will still go to jail, just because that person broke the law, and breaking the law is illegal. The law can't judge people based on moral believes, it judges people based on the law.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:35 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Then what should be done with Judges who don't follow procedural law, though it's not really a law. You cannot sue a judge.....so me thinks we should bomb them... evil face

In other words, what can we do to stop judges who cannot be sued and be accountable for breaking laws.
Well if they break the law then they get tried or they go up in front of the bar and I don’t know any judge that would want that. I don’t know about the bomb idea but I say everyone that they “wronged” should be able to kick them in the crotch. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:39 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

And you don't think that's corrupt also? There is no one watching the hen house. Sooooo what can a person do besides lobby.

Oh, and it's called the Judaical commissary board. It's supposed to be a board of ethics based on the Model Rules as stated by the American Bar Association. Governed by guess who?

Last edited by debbiejo on Jul 27th, 2007 at 09:45 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:41 PM
FistOfThe North

I think you'd get more of a chance or more leniency in court if you're a White person over a Black person charged with the same crime.

And that's a step up. As little as 50 years ago, you'd probably have a 90% chance of getting off if you were White, especially in the South, especially if the crime was against a Black person, especially if it was a Black man or boy, especially if the White person was prominent, which was highly likely.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 10:07 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

And you don't think that's corrupt also? There is no one watching the hen house. Sooooo what can a person do besides lobby.

Oh, and it's called the Judaical commissary board. It's supposed to be a board of ethics based on the Model Rules as stated by the American Bar Association. Governed by guess who?
Who would you expect to be on the board? As long as you have people in the process it will always have some sort of corruption or personal views. As I said it is a system of law and not justice, if they don’t break the law or the rules of the court there isn’t too much you can do.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 10:19 PM
jinXed by JaNx

the courts look at and considers everything your lawyer provides. As broken as the system may be you have a good shot of landing justice. It is less about evidence and more about your lawyer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 10:31 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

In the courts of law they should show love at the door. Don't want to sound rude, but I like a kiss before getting screwed. Behind these walls guilt and innocence are bought and sold. Pawns of the system hide behind shields and robes. Where there should be no distinction between king and peasant, justice pretends to be blind....be God isn't.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 10:54 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

No. Piece of shit lawyers care far more about their victory count then actual justice. Prosecutors, mainly.

Q: Why don't sharks attack lawyers?

A: Professional courtesy.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 03:38 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

^^ LOL. It's all about money, and wins.

Originally posted by Marxman
In the courts of law they should show love at the door. Don't want to sound rude, but I like a kiss before getting screwed. Behind these walls guilt and innocence are bought and sold. Pawns of the system hide behind shields and robes. Where there should be no distinction between king and peasant, justice pretends to be blind....be God isn't.
Good post.

Another thing I always thought was rude about the court system is if someone was thought to of comitted a very small crime, then procecutors jack it up knowing it would scare the defendent to plea bargin on a crime they never comitted in the first place.

There are a lot of innocent people in jail because of this.

Last edited by debbiejo on Jul 28th, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:20 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good post.
GREAT post.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:22 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

It really depends on the case.If the person is really guity then that is fine whatever.If not then that is pretty bad and it is the Goverment that made that mistake.jm smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 02:40 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote