KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Glacius

Glacius
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Glacius

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 300 lbs

KI bio: An alien being from a distant planet, crash landed on Earth. He was captured by UltraTech. Hoping to prove the alien inferior, they force Glacius to fight for his life.

KI 2 bio: 2 Millennia from now a captured relative earns freedom by slaying a fire being and escaping home. But now in the past a distress call has been answered. Glacius must free his stranded kin.

KI ending:

KI 2 endings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1WPynYb1s0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHtlxZe1pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_Y4vYfeRE

Renders:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 09:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Glacius was my favorite character from the Killer Instinct games.

You have to admit that it's impressive how he defeated Cinder since he had an obvious disadvantage.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Renders:

That's a cool picture.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 03:10 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Glacius was my favorite character from the Killer Instinct games.

I know. stick out tongue

You have to admit that it's impressive how he defeated Cinder since he had an obvious disadvantage.

Yeah, not to mention Cinder's brokenness.. Gameplay-wise, there's no way Glacius could've won. stick out tongue Cinder's flip kick automatically counters Glacius's under-the-ground uppercut move or whatever, which I admit is pretty cool lookin'.
Glacius's projectile is kinda weird though.

But his ship (in the ending) looks totally awesome. I like the way it glows just before taking off. big grin

Also..

That first finisher was kinda weird, but I liked it. The 2nd one, I predicted he would have something like that (I guess because I figured he would have at least one finishing move that's similar to Sub-zero's), but still nice.

That's a cool picture.

Meh. I never really liked T.J. Combo, especially after finding out it was him who killed off Riptor, causing him to not be in the sequel =(, so I guess it's cool to see him getting owned by Glacius like that, but I like the Glacius vs Jago render best (the one right under the one you quoted).
I don't dislike Glacius for beating Cinder though, so don't get me wrong. Speaking of which..

Although I only found one comic book scan of Glacius (posted in the Cinder thread since Cinder was also in it), the site I found it from still tells the rest of what happened. Pretty interesting stuff, although the last bit is kinda disappointing.

-------

"The next story is more of a mess. It’s about Glacius, the icy alien whose ship crashes near a ski resort. He uses the surrounding snow to heal himself, sends a beacon to his brethren to pick him up and searches a hardware store for parts to help repair the ship. Entertaining bit is when he sees a barbecue grill and believes it to be an alter for a fire god.

Ultratech finds him and takes him in. The Chairman says that if Glacius fights in the tournament during his time on Earth, he’ll let him live to see his people again. With no choice, Glacius reluctantly agrees. He’s handed over to Cinder for fight training. Cinder is a criminal turned into a permanent Human Torch, thanks to a faulty Ultratech experiment. As he later explains to Glacius, he wants one of two things: either to get cured by Ultratech as a reward for his fighting or to get killed.

Right on cue, the sprinkler system goes off in the training room. It causes Cinder to collapse in paralyzing, agonizing pain. So he’s in that room just about everyday, but it just so happens that this time his fiery body sets off the sprinklers. Sure, okay! It looks like Cinder’s going to die from this, but Glacius saves his life. Cinder reacts by pointing out that he wants to die. Furious, he tells Glacius that he’s going to kill him the first chance he gets.

I should also add that the sprinklers were turned off by Black Orchid, not as an undercover tech, but as a fellow fighter in her trademark green leotard. Continuity just exploded.

In the tournament, Glacius dominates against everyone he goes up against. He begins to get into it and enjoys the cheers of the adoring crowd. By the point where he finds himself holding Spinal’s disembodied skull in his hand, he finds that the quicker he leaves this planet, the better. Thankfully, the Chairman has agreed to set him free to meet with his alien people, who should be arriving on Earth any day now. Cinder seems to be a bit bitter about this.

On the site where Glacius’ ice alien brethren are set to land, there are a ton of witnesses. Mainly, they are Ultratech soldiers and other Killer Instinct fighters. Glacius slowly comes to realize that Ultratech is going to attack his people. As pissed as he is, Glacius doesn’t do anything about it, since he figures his boys could wipe out Ultratech’s army easy. A shuttle is released to pick up Glacius and Cinder all of the sudden runs off towards the control console for the cannon they are going to use to shoot it down. He fries the console and gets attacked by a handful of Killer Instinct combatants. Glacius joins the fray and fights alongside his fiery counterpart. For some reason, a bunch of good guys like Combo and Thunder are on Ultratech’s side in this.

A tank fires a laser blast at Glacius, but Cinder takes the brunt of it instead. Seeing the severity of Cinder’s wound, Glacius holds Cinder in his arms and cools him down to the point that Cinder will finally get the sweet death he’s been craving. For the first page, this is a fantastic death scene. Cinder’s face becomes more human, he smiles a bit and says how he can feel the fire dying. His word bubbles begin to lose the orange gradient and go back to normal white. Then his eyes close, his head goes limp and he somehow sheds a tear. Really nice.

Only on the next page, he then flies upwards, yelling, “I AM FREE!” Uh… okay.

With Cinder gone, Glacius says, “In the next few minutes, the humans will meet my people… and the next few minutes will seal all our fates.” Meanwhile, more military vehicles show up, as do news vans. It looks as if the battle between Earth and the ice aliens is about to continue with a huge climax… but it doesn’t. It just ends. No conclusion whatsoever.
"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 10:15 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I know. stick out tongue

Yep, and he defeated your favorite character. wink

Yeah, not to mention Cinder's brokenness.. Gameplay-wise, there's no way Glacius could've won. stick out tongue Cinder's flip kick automatically counters Glacius's under-the-ground uppercut move or whatever, which I admit is pretty cool lookin'.
Glacius's projectile is kinda weird though.
But his ship (in the ending) looks totally awesome. I like the way it glows just before taking off. big grin

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense why Rare would make such a broken character.

Almost all of Glacius attacks were both cool and powerful, though.

Also..

That first finisher was kinda weird, but I liked it. The 2nd one, I predicted he would have something like that (I guess because I figured he would have at least one finishing move that's similar to Sub-zero's), but still nice.

My favorite finisher was the first one. I was disappointed when I found out that it wasn't in the SNES version, though.

Meh. I never really liked T.J. Combo, especially after finding out it was him who killed off Riptor, causing him to not be in the sequel =(, so I guess it's cool to see him getting owned by Glacius like that, but I like the Glacius vs Jago render best (the one right under the one you quoted).
I don't dislike Glacius for beating Cinder though, so don't get me wrong.

Seeing T.J. Combo being owned like that is the main reason why I like that picture. The way Glacius grabs him by the neck and tries to cut off his arm is awesome.

Although I only found one comic book scan of Glacius (posted in the Cinder thread since Cinder was also in it), the site I found it from still tells the rest of what happened. Pretty interesting stuff, although the last bit is kinda disappointing.

-------

"The next story is more of a mess. It’s about Glacius, the icy alien whose ship crashes near a ski resort. He uses the surrounding snow to heal himself, sends a beacon to his brethren to pick him up and searches a hardware store for parts to help repair the ship. Entertaining bit is when he sees a barbecue grill and believes it to be an alter for a fire god.

Ultratech finds him and takes him in. The Chairman says that if Glacius fights in the tournament during his time on Earth, he’ll let him live to see his people again. With no choice, Glacius reluctantly agrees. He’s handed over to Cinder for fight training. Cinder is a criminal turned into a permanent Human Torch, thanks to a faulty Ultratech experiment. As he later explains to Glacius, he wants one of two things: either to get cured by Ultratech as a reward for his fighting or to get killed.

Right on cue, the sprinkler system goes off in the training room. It causes Cinder to collapse in paralyzing, agonizing pain. So he’s in that room just about everyday, but it just so happens that this time his fiery body sets off the sprinklers. Sure, okay! It looks like Cinder’s going to die from this, but Glacius saves his life. Cinder reacts by pointing out that he wants to die. Furious, he tells Glacius that he’s going to kill him the first chance he gets.

I should also add that the sprinklers were turned off by Black Orchid, not as an undercover tech, but as a fellow fighter in her trademark green leotard. Continuity just exploded.

In the tournament, Glacius dominates against everyone he goes up against. He begins to get into it and enjoys the cheers of the adoring crowd. By the point where he finds himself holding Spinal’s disembodied skull in his hand, he finds that the quicker he leaves this planet, the better. Thankfully, the Chairman has agreed to set him free to meet with his alien people, who should be arriving on Earth any day now. Cinder seems to be a bit bitter about this.

On the site where Glacius’ ice alien brethren are set to land, there are a ton of witnesses. Mainly, they are Ultratech soldiers and other Killer Instinct fighters. Glacius slowly comes to realize that Ultratech is going to attack his people. As pissed as he is, Glacius doesn’t do anything about it, since he figures his boys could wipe out Ultratech’s army easy. A shuttle is released to pick up Glacius and Cinder all of the sudden runs off towards the control console for the cannon they are going to use to shoot it down. He fries the console and gets attacked by a handful of Killer Instinct combatants. Glacius joins the fray and fights alongside his fiery counterpart. For some reason, a bunch of good guys like Combo and Thunder are on Ultratech’s side in this.

A tank fires a laser blast at Glacius, but Cinder takes the brunt of it instead. Seeing the severity of Cinder’s wound, Glacius holds Cinder in his arms and cools him down to the point that Cinder will finally get the sweet death he’s been craving. For the first page, this is a fantastic death scene. Cinder’s face becomes more human, he smiles a bit and says how he can feel the fire dying. His word bubbles begin to lose the orange gradient and go back to normal white. Then his eyes close, his head goes limp and he somehow sheds a tear. Really nice.

Only on the next page, he then flies upwards, yelling, “I AM FREE!” Uh… okay.

With Cinder gone, Glacius says, “In the next few minutes, the humans will meet my people… and the next few minutes will seal all our fates.” Meanwhile, more military vehicles show up, as do news vans. It looks as if the battle between Earth and the ice aliens is about to continue with a huge climax… but it doesn’t. It just ends. No conclusion whatsoever.
"

All of that was interesting, but I wish there was a visual aid for it. I would've love to see Cinder's death scene.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 02:16 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

My favorite finisher was the first one. I was disappointed when I found out that it wasn't in the SNES version, though.

Yeah, but with the SNES's limited graphics and what not (compared to the arcade), it's no surprise really.

Seeing T.J. Combo being owned like that is the main reason why I like that picture. The way Glacius grabs him by the neck and tries to cut off his arm is awesome.

True that. big grin I like how he's about to brace himself against Jago's sword in the next pic too.

All of that was interesting, but I wish there was a visual aid for it.

Yeah. Am still hoping the rest of the comic scans for that get posted someday, along with all the ones that have scenes of Eyedol.

Still, I laughed at the part that said Glacius saw a barbecue grill and thought it to be an alter for a fire god.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 01:50 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

when did a KI comic come out? When are you going to do an Orchid thread? She was the best character on that game.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 07:49 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Bro, I totally forgot about Killer Instincts.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 08:25 PM
Dark Exile is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
when did a KI comic come out? When are you going to do an Orchid thread? She was the best character on that game.

Apparently, the KI comics came out around the same time as KI itself did in the arcade (if not a little while before that), to help promote it. I didn't know about the comic's existence though until not too long ago when I came across it on google.

http://www.popcultureshock.com/colu...iller-instinct/

And eh, alright. I'll make an Orchid thread shortly. smile

Originally posted by Dark Exile
Bro, I totally forgot about Killer Instincts.

The feeling's mutual. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 01:04 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Yeah, the series wasn't very popular.
Yeah. Am still hoping the rest of the comic scans for that get posted someday, along with all the ones that have scenes of Eyedol.

Still, I laughed at the part that said Glacius saw a barbecue grill and thought it to be an alter for a fire god.

Well, I'm going to continue my search for some scans.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 07:29 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sounds good. smile

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 10:26 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I wasn't able to find any scans from the Killer Instinct comic besides the ones in the link you posted.

I might have to check eBay or Amazon...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 10:34 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hmm. I thought not..

Well if you do, then good luck. thumb up

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 10:55 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

On Amazon, there's one copy of the Killer Instinct comic left for $5.95.

That's very cheap, and I'm tempted to order it...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 11:06 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Only $5.95? Wow, that's a good deal. I might just get it too then..

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 11:17 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Since I'm such a good person, I'll let you get it since there's only one copy left on Amazon.

Think of it as an early Christmas present. wink

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 12:28 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Really? Well, I appreciate the offer (very much), but.. I wasn't entirely sure I was gonna get it just yet. Hence why I said "might" in my last post.

I mean, if you're sure you'd like to get it, then go ahead man. Wouldn't want to keep you from doing so.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 03:36 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Nah, you seem to be much more of a Killer Instinct fan than I am since you made a bunch of respect threads for the characters.

I'm sure that you would benefit from it much than I would.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 04:53 AM
Bro SMASH

I like Glacius's design in KI2. It was pretty cool and detailed.

Sometimes I wonder if the Cinder vs. Glacius idea was inspired by the Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero rivalry. Heck, there's even similar events happening (the "ice" guy beats the "fire" guy, there are more than one "ice" guy).

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 09:17 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed. Only wish Cinder and Riptor had returned in KI2 as well with an improved design.

Never noticed that before. Could very well be the case, or perhaps just coincidence. If it is truly inspired by the Scorpion vs Sub-zero rivalry though, we would need a game where Cinder comes back and gets his revenge on the icy alien (like Scorpion did to Sub in MK1).

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 12:57 AM
Bro SMASH

Yeah. I was disappointed that Cinder didn't make it in the second game. He was my second most played character (the first one was Jago). But who knows? He might make it in the third one if they ever make one (which I still believe they will).

laughing out loud Looking at the supernatural nature of the series, I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 02:15 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote