KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Liu Kang

Liu Kang
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Liu Kang

The current Mortal Kombat champion. Raised as a Shaolin Monk, Liu is one of the most memorable characters in the franchise's history and deserves this thread.

Of course, my only pet peeve is that he gets killed in Deadly Alliance, then renaimated as a zombie. Other than that, Liu Kang is one of the better videogame homages to the late Bruce Lee.

Age: 24 (Mortal Kombat); 34 (Deadly Alliance, at time of death)
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 185
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Family: Lee and Lin Kang, parents (both deceased); Chow Kang, brother (whereabouts unknown)
Birthplace: Honan Province, People's Republic of China
Occupation: Former Shaolin Monk, Fisherman, current Mortal Kombat champion
Romantic Interest: Princess Kitana
Fighting Styles: Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do (Deception, Armageddon and Shaolin Monks), Pao Chui (Deception), Choy Lay Fut (Shaolin Monks), Monkey (Shaolin Monks), Dragon (Shaolin Monks)
Portrayed by: Ho Sung Pak (Mortal Kombats 1 and 2), Eddie Wong (Mortal Kombat 3, Ultimate and Trilogy), Robin Shou (both films), Brian Tochi (voice, Defenders of the Realm)
Trivia: Liu Kang is Chinese, but Ho Sung Pak, who portrays him in the first to games, is actually Korean.
The wrestler Human Tornado uses a move he calls the Liu Kang Kick in homage to the character's classic Cartwheel Kick.
In the Deadly Alliance intro, Liu Kang is shown fighting Shang Tsung using Jeet Kune Do. Considering he's based on Bruce Lee in ways, it's fitting.
Liu Kang's turkey vocals are courtesy of Ed Boon.
Bio:

[Mortal Kombat]

Once a member of the super-secret White Lotus Society, Liu Kang left the organization in order to represent all Shaolin temples at the tournament. Through his entire life he has heard stories and rumors about Shang Tsung's martial arts tournament. He is well aware of the evil behind it, and has entered the tournament expressly to defeat Shang Tsung and return the tournament to its noble origins.

[Mortal Kombat II]

After winning the Shaolin tournament from Shang Tsung's twisted clutches and returning him to the Outworld in disgrace, Kang returns to his temples. He discovers his sacred home in ruins, his Shaolin brothers killed in a vicious battle with a horde of Outworld warriors, a parting salvo from Tsung and his minions. Now he travels into the dark realm to seek revenge.

[Mortal Kombat Trilogy]

After the Outworld invasion, Liu Kang finds himself the prime target of Kahn's extermination squads. He is the Shaolin champion and has thwarted Kahn's schemes in the past. Of all the humans, Kang poses the greatest threat to Shao Kahn's rule.

[Mortal Kombat Gold]

Still the immortal champion of Mortal Kombat, Liu Kang ventures into Edenia to rescue Princess Kitana from the vile clutches of Quan Chi. Unsuccessful, Liu Kang returns to Earth and mounts an effort to bring together Earth's gratest warriors. He does it this time not only to free Kitana's home world, but also to assist his mentor--and Earth's protector--Rayden.

[Mortal Kombat Deception]

The sorcerer Shang Tsung had killed me and consumed my soul. I remained trapped within his being, tormented by his evil, along with many other victims of his vampiric soul drain. Through Shang Tsung's eyes, we witnessed the battle with Raiden, who sacrificed himself to stop Onaga. Raiden's blast destroyed Shang Tsung, and our souls were free to asend into the heavens. I remained in Outworld, however, to aid my friends in the fight against the Dragon King.

Why someone would desecrate my grave and reanimate my body, I cannot say. Somehow my corpse retains my knowledge of martial arts and has killed many innocents. Though I am not the perpetrator of these crimes, I cannot help but feel responsible for the brutality committed by my corporal form. The battle between mind and body has begun.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 03:52 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I like the fact he did not just pop back...Zombie Kang is fun...time for some Kang videos...*Sigh*

Shaolin Monks intro

Liu Kang whoops Shang Tsung's ass and the sorceror has no choice but to escape

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 20th, 2007 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 05:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Heavy breathing*

TEST YOUR MIGHT! TAA TAA TAA!

TEST YOUR MIGHT!

TEST YOUR MIGHT!

MORTAL KOMBAT!

Dun-dun-dun-dun-dunnadun-dun-dun-dun-dunna-dun-dun-dun-dunna-dun-dun-dunnannanun

Dunnanannannananannadunnannanannanannanannanana

TEST..YOUR MIGHT...TAA TAA TAA!

KANO...

LIU KANG...

RAIDEN...

JOHNNY CAGE...

SCORPION...

SUB-ZERO...

SONYA...

MORTAL KOMBAT!

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 05:20 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

MK: Deadly Alliance opening

Liu Kang is too much for Tsung...so he decides to team up with Quanchi to finally kill Liu

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 05:20 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

MK Armageddon intro

Zombie Kang whoops Shang Tsung's ass yet again

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 05:24 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

LIU KANG IS MY FAVORITE MK CHAR. smile

Sue me....roll eyes (sarcastic)

(please log in to view the image)

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:37 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, wtf...

Wierd zombie version of Liu Kang versus Riot of Blood Iori ftw...

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:57 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_gear
*Heavy breathing*

TEST YOUR MIGHT!

TEST YOUR MIGHT!

MORTAL KOMBAT!

Dun-dun-dun-dun-dunnadun-dun-dun-dun-dunna-dun-dun-dun-dunna-dun-dun-dunnannanun

KANO...

LIU KANG...

RAIDEN...

JOHNNY CAGE...

SCORPION...

SUB-ZERO...

SONYA...

MORTAL KOMBAT!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:41 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't "" that! Best song ever..

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:51 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was so bored that time...stick out tongue Plus I think that song is addicting listening to.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:53 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

WULULULULULULULULULULULULULU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 11:56 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

hahhahahaahhaahahaahahaahha

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 12:51 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Zombie Kang whoops Shang Tsung's ass yet again

Uh, no he didn't. All Liu Kang did in the Armageddon intro was cheap-shot Shang by throwing those hook things at his shoulders when he was running to the top of the pyramid. no expression Unlike in the Deadly Alliance intro (before Quan Chi stepped in), Shang actually held his own against Liu this time (and then some), as he landed a few hits on him, and then uppercutted the zombie Liu, knocking him down a few steps (if Shang had been more cautious afterwards though, he wouldn't have gotten attacked from behind by those hook things zombie Kang was using).

Originally posted by JacopeX

WULULULULULULULULULULULULULU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easily the most annoying move in the history of Mortal Kombat. yes

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 05:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

It sure was.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 05:16 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

He does it within all our hearts. happy

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 11:42 PM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Uh, no he didn't. All Liu Kang did in the Armageddon intro was cheap-shot Shang by throwing those hook things at his shoulders when he was running to the top of the pyramid. no expression Unlike in the Deadly Alliance intro (before Quan Chi stepped in), Shang actually held his own against Liu this time (and then some), as he landed a few hits on him, and then uppercutted the zombie Liu, knocking him down a few steps (if Shang had been more cautious afterwards though, he wouldn't have gotten attacked from behind by those hook things zombie Kang was using).

That's not what I call a "cheap shot". It's not like Liu Kang waited for him to turn his back or something.

Hey Snafu, is there a Liu Kang sprite similar to that Johnny Cage one you have on your sig?

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Oct 24th, 2007 at 05:21 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:19 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liu Kang rules!

Can you post his fatalities movies from Shoalin Monks?

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 01:37 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Post the fatality move where he drops an arcade at you.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 02:01 PM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Revised Bio

Once a member of the super-secret White Lotus Society, Liu Kang left the organization in order to represent all Shaolin temples at the tournament. Through his entire life he has heard stories and rumors about the martial arts tournament. He is well aware of the evil behind it, and has entered the tournament expressly to defeat Shang Tsung and return the tournament to its noble origins.

Mortal Kombat II

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy

Mortal Kombat 4/Gold

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 02:38 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Bios Continued

Mortal Kombat Deception

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 02:46 AM