KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Fave Female

Fave Female
Started by: staxamillion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Love Fave Female

I just want to know if you have any favorite runs of comics with a female protagonist or female led teams.

I'm rereading the zatanna 2010 run and I was wondering if you guys knew of anything else you could put me onto.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:24 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pig:Destroyer

no

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 08:21 PM
Pig:Destroyer is currently offline Click here to Send Pig:Destroyer a Private Message Find more posts by Pig:Destroyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Gail Simone's Birds of Prey run was consistently excellent.

Batgirl v1-3 (The Cass Cain ongoing, Cass mini and the Stephanie Brown ongoing) are great and kinda lead into each other. Similar to these I guess is Batwoman: Elegy which is similarly great.

The Vertigo Madame Xanadu series from around 2008 is a bit weird but awesome if you like that stuff.

And most of the X-23 stuff from Marvel has been pretty good (Innocence Lost, Target X, X-23 v1 and now All-New Wolverine)

I mean there's definitely tons more but that's a few that came straight to mind.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 04:34 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

ty man

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 04:35 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pig:Destroyer

no

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 08:29 PM
Pig:Destroyer is currently offline Click here to Send Pig:Destroyer a Private Message Find more posts by Pig:Destroyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If you're into Indie comics, I highly recommend Ghost. Ghost IS a female protagonist, and the series' are all centered around her... She's f*cking awesome. thumb up

Here is a link:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/ghost/4005-25085/

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 08:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Also on the non-big two front, Lazarus is great.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 11:45 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The Authority when they were led by Jenny Sparks. Was never quite the same after she was gone. Which, of course, coincided pretty closely with Ellis leaving the book, which definitely had more to do with it. But it sticks in my head for that reason.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 11:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

George Perez's Wonder Woman run. No one's done it better.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 05:25 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Gail Simone's Birds of Prey run was consistently excellent.

That would be my pick. Excellent book in general.

One I would recommend, even though it does have male characters, is Claremont's X-Men run, specifically the point in time that they spent in the desert. It's a very female-centric book at times, dealing with what Rogue, Psylocke and iirc Dazzler go through.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 05:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
That would be my pick. Excellent book in general.

One I would recommend, even though it does have male characters, is Claremont's X-Men run, specifically the point in time that they spent in the desert. It's a very female-centric book at times, dealing with what Rogue, Psylocke and iirc Dazzler go through.

ty I wasn't looking for just female books just female centric or leads

cool thanks everyone. Cheers

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 07:19 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

The Avengers have had female chairpeople a few times. I'm currently covering their history for a respect thread.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 05:27 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

right on

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 01:01 PM