KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E04 - I Am Become Death

S03E04 - I Am Become Death
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

S03E04 - I Am Become Death

Official Episode Preview

Seeing a future where nearly everyone has abilities, a world destined for destruction, Peter resolves to prevent this earth-shattering end -- whatever the cost -- and so takes on a dark, unwieldy ability to save the world -- gambling that it won't destroy him and everything he loves first. After allowing Angela's half of "the formula" to be stolen, Hiro and Ando set out to uncover the identity of the Villain who hired Daphne -- and must consult with the person who knows these rogues best Adam Monroe. After the bloodbath at the bank, H.R.G. resolves to get rid of his new partner. Meanwhile, determined to be a hero, Claire hits the road after one of the Villains from H.R.G.'s old files. Suresh gives in to impulse. Linderman and Molly return in unexpected manners. A new romance ignites between two Heroes.

I Am Become Death Preview

Discuss...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 03:06 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

So well see Adam next episode? hmm

I know most people don't like how Sylar it's being written this season, but seeing him the kitchen with Mr. Muggles is funny big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 03:08 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I am becoming* ?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 04:29 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I am becoming* ?

It is "I Am Become Death" erm

guess we have to wait to see the episode to know why it's called like that

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 06:52 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

haha, weird

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 07:13 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by S_D_J
It is "I Am Become Death" erm

guess we have to wait to see the episode to know why it's called like that

It's a quote from the Bhagavad Gita that Oppenheimer used at the first nuclear bomb test.

Peter explodes?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 12:49 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
It's a quote from the Bhagavad Gita that Oppenheimer used at the first nuclear bomb test.

Peter explodes?
I believe its just referring to the Heroes's condition itself. How humans developing powers is going to destroy the world. Probably also more directly related to how Mohinder and/or Hiro have caused this by the release of information granting anyone abilities.

I also believe it has to do with what Claire's become after what happened to her with Sylar. In 4 years she's probably gotten to the point she believes all people with abilities are corrupt and need to be stopped or rather put down. Including the ones she loves. Especially the most powerful of them!

The Sylar things either probably an illusion of some sorts either being created by Sylar or Peter somehow or he's just straight up had his mind ****ed with seeing as if he really is immortal now its about the only way left to contain him. In that case it would make sense that Bennett would want to keep him close by.

And I still say there's something else up with Future Peter! Something about him just isn't sitting right with me.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 01:46 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Peter explodes?

Didn't know that

You learned something everyday smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 03:10 PM
Blue_Hefner

Nathan marries Tracy?? o_O What happened to his wife?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 04:11 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

My jaw dropped at the end of this episode when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Adam woke up.

I found something kinda weird in this though. When Nathan walks in and kicks Claire out so he could talk to Peter, Claire and the Haitian both leave. But Peter's scars are still on his chest. At first I thought the Haitian was still close enough to stop Peter's abilities but then he started using his other abilities. A small plothole but not a big deal.
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Nathan marries Tracy?? o_O What happened to his wife?

I don't think they ever made up. Nathan sobered up but I don't remember anything about his wife taking him back.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 05:04 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Wow.... such a great episode... wow

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 05:17 AM
Prime#

This was a really good episode despite the major plot holes

1. Sylar and Peter could have easily overpowerred Claire, Daphne and Knox.

2. A bullet in the back of the head can kill Claire and Pete but a nuclear explosion from point blank can't?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 05:24 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm not sure why that is, but the nuclear explosions just don't seem to disintegrate regenerative heroes (or villains, now). Perhaps they have an increased durability against such things?

Great episode, though definitely had that uncomfortable feel of being the soon-to-be apocalyptic future.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 06:10 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, another thing. This episode confirms that Sylar retained his powers from before his experience with the Virus, having shown off his [SPOILER - highlight to read]: ability to use induced radioactivity by blowing up Costa Verde. It had been going around that he had lost them and had to start over, but not so.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 06:15 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Might be the best episode so far.......very good pacing and only a couple of gripes

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 11:37 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Well personally I completely disagree. Almost all of this show was crap IMO. And ALLOT! of it just didn't really make any damn sense.

About the only good to come out of it was Adam's return and Peter got 2 of the last 3 abilities I've always wanted him to have. Sylar's original ability and super speed. While I like this it also greatly brothers me due to the fact that if Knox's fear power can also translate to increasing the strength of all his powers then Peter's basically completely untouchable to anyone except the Haitian and he even showed he could deal with him the old fashion way. Trash can lid, or what ever it was, to the head lol

Seriously thou the show really disappointed me allot. It's starting to get to the point where if there's not some more good plot value and not just doing things to do them and allot less plot holes with their own continuity and just making sense of thing I'm about to just let it go. I've got other very funny stuff I could be watching on Monday nights that I miss because of this.

Something else that bothers me, in 5 years Molly hasn't appeared to age at all. And those puberty years things change allot. I remember watching Riddick with my brother and he was saying it was bullshit that Jack had changed that much in 6 years. Then I reminded him of how much changed between 12 to 18. Also in that amount of time and at that age she's already met and settled down with Daphne and started considering her as her mother? I've known my stepfather since I was 8 and while I do consider him my dad by all means I still call him by his name and are relationship took allot more than 5 years to get to that point. but maybe thats just me.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:28 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Are you Molly? stick out tongue

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 04:58 PM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Entity
Well personally I completely disagree. Almost all of this show was crap IMO. And ALLOT! of it just didn't really make any damn sense.

About the only good to come out of it was Adam's return and Peter got 2 of the last 3 abilities I've always wanted him to have. Sylar's original ability and super speed. While I like this it also greatly brothers me due to the fact that if Knox's fear power can also translate to increasing the strength of all his powers then Peter's basically completely untouchable to anyone except the Haitian and he even showed he could deal with him the old fashion way. Trash can lid, or what ever it was, to the head lol

Seriously thou the show really disappointed me allot. It's starting to get to the point where if there's not some more good plot value and not just doing things to do them and allot less plot holes with their own continuity and just making sense of thing I'm about to just let it go. I've got other very funny stuff I could be watching on Monday nights that I miss because of this.

Something else that bothers me, in 5 years Molly hasn't appeared to age at all. And those puberty years things change allot. I remember watching Riddick with my brother and he was saying it was bullshit that Jack had changed that much in 6 years. Then I reminded him of how much changed between 12 to 18. Also in that amount of time and at that age she's already met and settled down with Daphne and started considering her as her mother? I've known my stepfather since I was 8 and while I do consider him my dad by all means I still call him by his name and are relationship took allot more than 5 years to get to that point. but maybe thats just me.

Im glad im not the only one. I still got no idea where this show is headed. Why are they trying to get the formula back when Mohinder already discovered one? Why would they give Sylar's ability to Peter? Didnt he just get all other abilities by getting close to other heroes? Better yet, by doing so, he dont have the hunger that comes from Sylar's powers.

Then they supposedly travel to this horrific future but it didnt look horrific to me. They couldve shown terrorits mutants or something to make that future so horrific.

Shouldnt Peter have the Haitian's power by now? Therefore be able to cancel it. The trash can lid to the head was funny.

As for Molly, I was thinking the same thing. It didnt made sense at all. Then U have Nikki/Tracy who we learn is 1 of 3. To me that means that they'll kill Tracy by the end of the season and introduce Barbara ( I believe thats what the DR said) in season 3. Very original!

I started watching Prison Break online because Heroes is at the same time lot but now I decided to do it the other way around. Heroes can wait until the next day. I was expecting a lot more for this season but we have seen everything already (end of the world, the company, Sylar, time travel, Adam). If Heroes is a recycled version of The X-men (imo) then they have over 40 years of material available to them to reshape to their liking but they are still doing the same crap as season one.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 05:06 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

OH and another thing, Molly called her by her name when she returned from the explosion, she didnt say "mom"

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 06:21 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im glad im not the only one. I still got no idea where this show is headed. Why are they trying to get the formula back when Mohinder already discovered one? Why would they give Sylar's ability to Peter? Didnt he just get all other abilities by getting close to other heroes? Better yet, by doing so, he dont have the hunger that comes from Sylar's powers.

Then they supposedly travel to this horrific future but it didnt look horrific to me. They couldve shown terrorits mutants or something to make that future so horrific.

Shouldnt Peter have the Haitian's power by now? Therefore be able to cancel it. The trash can lid to the head was funny.

As for Molly, I was thinking the same thing. It didnt made sense at all. Then U have Nikki/Tracy who we learn is 1 of 3. To me that means that they'll kill Tracy by the end of the season and introduce Barbara ( I believe thats what the DR said) in season 3. Very original!

I started watching Prison Break online because Heroes is at the same time lot but now I decided to do it the other way around. Heroes can wait until the next day. I was expecting a lot more for this season but we have seen everything already (end of the world, the company, Sylar, time travel, Adam). If Heroes is a recycled version of The X-men (imo) then they have over 40 years of material available to them to reshape to their liking but they are still doing the same crap as season one.
Mohinders formula isnt the correct one.. from the looks of him it should be obvious

Peter needs sylars ability to understand the formula, peter doesn't know how to control his powers, sometimes they just come randomly
so sylar taught peter how to use it i guess...

Its a horrific future because the world is going to explode.. that sounds pretty horrific to me.

I don't think Peter is able to get the Haitians power since the Haitians power negates all other powers around him, including peters power to copy abilities for his own use. MAke sense?

I, unlike some people, really liked this episode a lot, it was the best so far.

I'm looking forward to see what happens with sylar and peter.

I just want to know, whats up with that guy giving Matt the power to see the future?? thats what im confused about..

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 06:34 PM