KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Help me find the thread

Help me find the thread
Started by: Pwned

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pwned
That guy

Help me find the thread

For some reason, no matter how hard I search, not matter the parameters, I cant find the thread with the prophecy on the Witch King, anybody able to help me find it?

I have been meaning to re-read like, every book available to me and any on here, and there are multiple uses for it.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 02:39 AM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I'm not sure whether there is such a thread. What should it contain?

If you're just searching for the words of the prophecy Glorfindel made to Earnur (as found in appendix A):
quote:
He will not return to this land. Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 01:16 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

I could have sworn that it was this forum that had the debate on that prophecy. I read a massive thread about it somewhere, but it should be here.

Its just a debate on the meaning of that prophecy itself, whether NO man could kill him, whether a man COULD kill him, or whether it would take a woman to kill him.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 11:45 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

As far as I read it, this is a prophecy about what will happen, not a limitation about what can happen (although from the Witch King's practical point of view, the first somewhat implies the latter).

So I think while any man (male human) could kill him, no man will (or as we see, does).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 02:57 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

Yeah, I remember that discussion, it was on here some time. Sorry, I don't know where it went...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 10:47 AM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

I'm not entirely sure which thread you mean, but I remember 2 threads which I have put below, which may include what you are looking for:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...cy+forumid%3A34

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

I think the last thread I have put is your best bet. The discussion of the Witch-King and the 'prophecy' gets going on page 3. Hope I've helped!

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 12:07 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote