KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes Season Finale Next Month?

Heroes Season Finale Next Month?
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

Heroes Season Finale Next Month?

More on the Writers Strike

quote:
Heroes also is a bit luckier than most shows, in terms of being able at least have some sort of closure for now. This season was already intended to be split into two or three distinct storylines, and the first one -- "Generations" -- will finish up with an episode airing in early December. While more episodes will have been filmed beyond that, NBC might just choose to make the conclusion of "Generations" a pseudo-season finale, rather than begin the next storyline only to have it abruptly be put on hold thanks to the strike halting production.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/832/832458p1.html

quote:
The current story (or "volume") is called "Generations" and was already set to wrap up on the December 3rd episode of the show, with the next volume intended to begin airing shortly after.

This gave the show a better place than most to prematurely end the season, as it least was intended as the culmination of several current plotlines. While more episodes have been shot beyond that, they would likely simply be held for whenever the show goes back into production, so that the next storyline doesn't have to be interrupted in the middle.

TV Guide's Michael Ausiello now reports that in addition, the producers of Heroes are going back and filming a new ending for that already completed December 3rd episode, which would better serve to turn the episode into a true season finale. If the strike is somehow averted, they wouldn't use this more specific ending and go back to the original footage they shot to lead into the next story arc.

The writers strike is set to begin Monday November 4th at 12:01 am PT, meaning the Heroes writing staff have until then to finalize the new ending.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 04:29 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Holy hell.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 07:39 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Holy hell.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 07:48 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

man strikes piss me off. its just a waste of time. i wish the people would just pay them more. it SUCKED ASS when the market strikes were goin on. hope it wont last long

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 02:03 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

GREED

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 06:33 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Greed on the studios' parts. They don't want to give the writers royalties from DVD and online sales, which is completely within their rights to ask for, if you ask me.

I absolutely agree with the writers, but I still don't want them to strike.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 06:52 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Great...just great. An awesome series canned because both parties wont shut the f*ck up about money. How much are they being paid ?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 08:01 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, the strike is on.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 08:07 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

"Wah wah wah , we want more money"

Fans : Shut the f*ck up and write more, then you'll get more money !

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:32 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Strangelove
Greed on the studios' parts. They don't want to give the writers royalties from DVD and online sales, which is completely within their rights to ask for, if you ask me.

I absolutely agree with the writers, but I still don't want them to strike.

Agreed.

it hurts to see TV truncated because of the strike, but their demand is legitimate. hopefully the studios will come to their senses and the strike is over quickly... or we could be on hold for another 5 months like the last strike in the 80's

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 02:16 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by S_D_J
Agreed.

it hurts to see TV truncated because of the strike, but their demand is legitimate. hopefully the studios will come to their senses and the strike is over quickly... or we could be on hold for another 5 months like the last strike in the 80's

What happened in the 80's when this happened ? No quality TV at all ? Or did the Studios attempt to write their own versions ?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 06:36 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by grey fox
What happened in the 80's when this happened ? No quality TV at all ? Or did the Studios attempt to write their own versions ?

Dunno confused all I know it's it lasted 22 weeks...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 05:29 PM
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

WTF? I hate production company's because all they do is jack up the prices on everything and now this.

The people that actually work get fu@ked over.

Sig done by me.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:56 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

To me it seems to be a mostly justified strike as well. I mean, our anger over it juswt shows how valuable the writers really are.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:06 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote