KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin vs. Galactus

Odin vs. Galactus
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Odin vs. Galactus

Odin is in top Shape
So is Galactus.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:37 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

...You can't be serious.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:39 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
...You can't be serious.

Mmmm…Some what yes.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:49 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

G FTW

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:56 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Galactus for the win.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 04:52 AM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fatgogeta

Galactus eats Odin, Asgard and the Midgard Serpent just for the hel of it. Galactus 11/10 and thats not even possible.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 04:52 AM
fatgogeta is currently offline Click here to Send fatgogeta a Private Message Find more posts by fatgogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Give me a feat from Galactus that Odin couldn't replicate.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 04:54 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Not a bad place to start if you're forming an argument. And I would side with you that people are grossly overstating the gap between the two. But I think anyone who is being honest with themselves will realize that trying to back Odin is just playing devil's advocate. I can't say I'm an expert on either, but I've seen enough of both to know their levels and I'd be shocked if a closer analysis proved me wrong.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 04:57 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not a bad place to start if you're forming an argument. And I would side with you that people are grossly overstating the gap between the two. But I think anyone who is being honest with themselves will realize that trying to back Odin is just playing devil's advocate. I can't say I'm an expert on either, but I've seen enough of both to know their levels and I'd be shocked if a closer analysis proved me wrong.

Exactly. While Galactus is naturally the more powerful of the two, the two are peers in power. To my knowledge Galactus hasn't a single feat thats out of the all fathers range of power.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 05:12 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

My thoughts exactly. Granted that Galactus seems to have a key role greater then Odin as a Cosmic Entity. But both have shown (616), massive display of feats and powers.

Other then relying on the UN (which seems a bit obscure and will be ignored for the sake of the match). It does not seem to be a mismatch.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 05:14 AM
seaapple
Undersea Baron

Galactus is part of a universal trinity with death and eternity. Odin is ruler of...Asgard.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 05:14 AM
seaapple is currently offline Click here to Send seaapple a Private Message Find more posts by seaapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by seaapple
Galactus is part of a universal trinity with death and eternity. Odin is ruler of...Asgard.

So you view a cosmic character “Role”, as a determining factor to a match?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 05:22 AM
lando005

big G is far beyond Odin in every way. They both have a huge scope of feats so naturally there is going to be some overlapping in feats they can preform when applying their power in different ways but Galactus does not have as many limitations on what he can do in comparison to Odin. Also lets talk output level for a moment. This is where the difference is clear.we've seen enough of Odin to estimate just how much power he can channel and put out however, we can not say the same for Galactus. In all the battles he's been in he's never been at "max" power, we've seen him at more or less his nominal average levels. Galactus has more power and a wider range of use Odin is out classed

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 05:54 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Lots, heres a couple

When Galactus fought Tyrant, galaxies were exploding
Galactus creating heralds like SS
Eating worlds
much more but lazy to think

G ftw

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 06:01 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is getting out of hand, comparing Odin with DS is one thing but to actually match Odin with Galactus is insane. Odin is not a peer to Galactus in snyone shape or form. This is sheer spite, the big G can easily eliminate the odin force from existence as he was doing with the phoenix force. Galuctus blinks Odin into oblivion.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 06:06 AM
The Great Galen is currently offline Click here to Send The Great Galen a Private Message Find more posts by The Great Galen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Odin was said to be omnipotent. He has feats. Its a good match. Galactus should win

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 06:22 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Pulling off pink and purple armor and still remaining the popular kid on the block?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 06:30 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Galactus wins this all day.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 08:01 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

lol,
didn't Surfer create a synthetic mjolnir type hammer that rivalled the odinforce effect of Thor's hammer?

also, as an indirect indication of their relative leagues, what did Thor's Godblast achieve? it halted Juggernaut. didn't destroy him, just halted him. something War Hulk's done, something WWH's done. a Surfer with support from Galactus would eat Juggernaut and shit him out on Cyttorak's doorstep.

I've yet to see anything from Odin that rivals empowering Tyrant, destroying and remaking the universe, creating and empowering The Ultimate Nullyfier...

and isn't it commonly accepted that Galactus > The Celestials.
and 1 Celestial >> ALL the Skyfathers?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 10:16 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by guy222
Odin was said to be omnipotent.

no expression

Anyway, Galactus takes it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 10:21 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote