KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lord of the Rings: Conquest (Battlefront)

Lord of the Rings: Conquest (Battlefront)
Started by: NonSensi-Klown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lord of the Rings: Conquest (Battlefront)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_The_Rings_Conquest
http://pandemicstudios.com/conquest/index.php

Made by Pandemic, creators of Star Wars: Battlefront, comes Lord of the Rings; Conquest... AKA, Lord of the Rings: Battlefront.

The gameplay is essentially a mirror image of BF in concept, you play as either the good guys or bad guys in a 3rd person/ 1st person view, and you choose from different classes which all have different abilities. Swordsman, archers, mages, etc.

True to form, you can either unlock the ability to play as a hero from the books/movies throughout the matches or you start off as one. The "hero Deathmatch" feature from Battlefront is also present in this game.

16-player online and 2-player online CO-OP (4 player split-screen)= win.

Videos-

old gameplay-

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Nov 29th, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 10:02 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown

Made by Pandemic, creators of Star Wars: Battlefront, comes Lord of the Rings; Conquest... AKA, Lord of the Rings: Battlefront.

The gameplay is essentially a mirror image of BF in concept, you play as either the good guys or bad guys in a 3rd person/ 1st person view, and you choose from different classes which all have different abilities. Swordsman, archers, mages, etc.

True to form, you can either unlock the ability to play as a hero from the books/movies throughout the matches or you start off as one. The "hero Deathmatch" feature from Battlefront is also present in this game.

holy moley...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 10:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

More videos-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg1v8QZ92GA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKlD3wCFHcE

This looks a bit like Dynasty Warriors as well.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 10:20 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I followed the progress of this games many months ago, and after havign seen a long video on GameSpot I kinda lost interest, didn't look that good back then.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 10:23 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The graphics look lik shit at some points.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 10:25 PM
MadMel
Heh

lol..lotr, battlefront?
im totally getting this big grin

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 12:40 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i want to at least play this, see how it is...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 12:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Re: Lord of the Rings: Conquest (Battlefront)

Videos-

old gameplay-

Yeah I am buyin that. If it sucks, I'll just kill myself.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 04:35 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The Battlefront games always felt like they were really lacking something vital, but they were decently fun. I'll most likely get this game and give it a go, hopefully they've added whatever was missing from the BF series.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 05:09 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
The Battlefront games always felt like they were really lacking something vital

a MAXIMUM spawn time of 5 seconds stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 05:15 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's major bull**** that you can only play the dark side after you finish the light side. Dang it I wanna play Sauron and kill some hobbits.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 05:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel that this is one of those games that will be either a completely awesome title, or total shit.

Going just from what I can see, the game looks like it involves a lot of no-skill nescesarry cluster-****s. Similar to what happens when six people rev their chainsaws and run into the middle of the map at the same time in Gears of War, I can see large piles of players running at each other button mashing the **** out of the one attack button with their swords... getting lucky and getting a kill (maybe), while Archers and mages dance around in circles on the outskirts racking up kills. Because all of their enemies are short-ranged, they don't need to worry too much.

Far be it from me to make predilections about a game that's not even out yet, but the fact that everyone had a gun in Battlefront meant that using cover was important, as well as actually AIMING. Strategy, even basic human thought... was required to play Battlefront seriously. At least on LIVE (Unless you were one of those noobs who ran around with the rocket launcher). But this... just grab a sword and rush the middle of the map, hacking your way as you go. There doesn't really seem to be any thought or skill required...

These days that can honestly make or break a game.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 06:10 AM
Spartan005

The Battlefront games always felt like they were really lacking something vital, but they were decently fun. I'll most likely get this game and give it a go, hopefully they've added whatever was missing from the BF series.

yeah I agree. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the weapons simply didn't feel like they were doing any damage, and I think the view should have been a bit closer... maybe like Gears.

Plus the vehicle controls sucked, but I don't think that will be a problem with this one.

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 09:13 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Spartan005
yeah I agree. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the weapons simply didn't feel like they were doing any damage

Yeah, I couldn't quite place it, but now that you mention it, this was a big part of it for me.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 11:15 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

You mean like a small amount of difficulty? That was my biggest problem with BF it was ridiculously easy, I dunno how this one will be but I'll check it out.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 11:19 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I feel that this is one of those games that will be either a completely awesome title, or total shit.

Going just from what I can see, the game looks like it involves a lot of no-skill nescesarry cluster-****s. Similar to what happens when six people rev their chainsaws and run into the middle of the map at the same time in Gears of War, I can see large piles of players running at each other button mashing the **** out of the one attack button with their swords... getting lucky and getting a kill (maybe), while Archers and mages dance around in circles on the outskirts racking up kills. Because all of their enemies are short-ranged, they don't need to worry too much.

Far be it from me to make predilections about a game that's not even out yet, but the fact that everyone had a gun in Battlefront meant that using cover was important, as well as actually AIMING. Strategy, even basic human thought... was required to play Battlefront seriously. At least on LIVE (Unless you were one of those noobs who ran around with the rocket launcher). But this... just grab a sword and rush the middle of the map, hacking your way as you go. There doesn't really seem to be any thought or skill required...

These days that can honestly make or break a game.
Well every game that you play on LIVE has noobs.

Like people who use the Plasma Pistol/Battle Rifle combo.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 01:39 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

But even that requires at least some decency with a battle rifle and plasma pistol, I.E., being able to actually shoot someone quick enough to kill them.

From what I read the attacks consist of using two buttons, so once two people with swords run at each other they just button mash until the other person dies. For example, what happens when six people with energy swords run at each other? There's only one button needed to attack, so everyone just runs around in circles spamming the trigger button hoping to get a kill while the smart ones stay on the outskirts picking off people when they turn their backs. There really isn't a whole lot of... skill, required.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 03:38 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

How exactly is the close quarter combat here going to work?
If its going to be two people running at each other with swords trying to mash the attack button, that would suck. The idea of this, however, is great. I'm probably going to get this, and see how it is. When is this coming out?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 03:47 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

January '09.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 03:51 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thats pretty darn close...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 03:53 AM