KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS5 is set for 2020

PS5 is set for 2020
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

PS5 is set for 2020

http://www.techradar.com/news/gamin...eatures-1213409

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/...-vr-headset.htm

That gives the PS4 a 7 year life cycle. That's the exact amount of time the PS3 had before it's replacement console was put out. With he Scorpio coming out for this gen, the PS5 should be an absolute beast. It for damn sure better be a bigger step up than this generation was from the last.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 07:33 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Worth highlighting the fact that the date is just a guess and not an official announcement, though 2020 is a pretty reasonable guess.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 11:06 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Worth highlighting the fact that the date is just a guess and not an official announcement, though 2020 is a pretty reasonable guess.
Yeah sorry, the title is a little too sure isn't it?

Still, we'll see. There's plenty of time before then. It blows my mind though, that the PS4 has already been out for 4 years. It feels like it's been half that time, but it's actually likely halfway through its life cycle. I'd assumed the next gen consoles would have more noteworthy titles by now.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 12:23 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Agreed. This current gen kinda blows.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 12:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well this is around the time in a generation when it peaks. The next couple of years should see a lot of very good games.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 12:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The question is: Will there be another Playstation?

I think this all depends on how well Project Scorpio does because I don't see console manufacturers going with the "generation" model anymore. It's probably going to be every 2-4 years, a new upgrade will take place. And pre

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 02:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ares834
Agreed. This current gen kinda blows.

Tbh, I don't really have much faith in another gen. 9th gen will no doubt inherit the bullshit perks of modern gaming, and probably have even tinier game libraries than the current outside of re-releases.

If current gen reaches a stride though these next/last years as pointed out, my sentiments may change, but until then I see no reason to believe another new gen will do much better... :/

As far as gaming libraries I mean.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 4th, 2017 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 02:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Aside from that... I wonder what kind of unique new feature/s a PS5 would have, if any at all. The exciting selling point about the PS4 was the share play feature, but sadly it got neutered after awhile when publishers didn't like the idea of others being able to watch or play their new games through another person's account before buying them, so that option got disabled for most games by a certain point...

Whatever else happens, after the recently announced Xbox Game Pass, hopefully they'll get rid of the ongoing joke that is PS Now and replace it with something better.

Other than that kind of stuff, I don't see too much else to hope for atm.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 03:21 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If they don't have 60fps as standard for their games, it's likely to be one of the things that puts me off, tbh. I'm only considering getting a PS4 because of the FF remake, and that might not even be that great.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 03:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
If they don't have 60fps as standard for their games, it's likely to be one of the things that puts me off, tbh. I'm only considering getting a PS4 because of the FF remake, and that might not even be that great.
Yeah the episodic nature of FF7 is really putting me off. I'm actually hoping episodic games die off. Telltale titles have gone down in quality drastically and I'm assuming their sales have too (though I can give these a pass since they're 25$ at release and go down in price relatively quickly following release).

The Hitman game was the only game I've played where the episodic nature actually fit. Plus, they gave away entire levels for free, so it was well done. The RE game though? That was pathetic, and I haven't really seen any more episodic titles since. I think developers are wise to the bad rap that format gets. A FF game for damn sure shouldn't be sold in this format.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 04:20 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hitman is one of those games where I'm happy to admit that I was wrong to be so worried. I don't have good internet, and I still rarely ran in to issues with the always online. I found myself replaying levels over and over to get level 20 mastery before I would even move on to the next one, so yeah, I definitely agree that the episodic nature suited it.

The only way I'll be comfortable with it is if they don't go above the three parts I've heard they're doing. I doubt it'll be disc 1 of the original game as the first release because FF7 as a game is very, VERY frontloaded, but as long as there's enough content to justify three releases, I'll be okay with it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 04:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

alls i know is there best be some damn fine games for it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 05:25 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
If they don't have 60fps as standard for their games, it's likely to be one of the things that puts me off, tbh.

There's that too I guess. Just remembered, should PS5 or something come with VR at a more affordable price (psh, as if), I'd be somewhat more considering of it.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 11:34 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm okay with the current gen o_o

Looking forward to next gen. I'm pretty sure there will be another PS given the success of the PS4. I doubt the graphics will be a bigger leap than current one was from last. I feel like as generations keep coming the power gap between them shortens. I have no problem with this to be honest. I got over my "graphics" whoreness when I had a good PC rig.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Mar 5th, 2017 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 07:51 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree. I'm playing Horizons: Zero Dawn and it looks absolutely fantastic. Not PC fantastic but then again the PS4 is not $1500.

I also disagree about the lack of games. While it doesn't equal the quantity of titles the previous generation did, the quality is fantastic. Just the past two months had 4-5 plus 85% on Metacritic get released.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 10:15 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree about the games. I think the gen is doing fine in that department. Like lets not forget Last Gen has been around for aninsanely long amount of time. Its not really fair to compare them. Current Gen had a rocky start but a lot of sequels have learned from their mistakes and there is still room for new IPs and highly anticipated sequels. Hopefully the sequels will continue the trend of improving their foundations.

For example I am eager to see what Bungie has learned and what they can do with Destiny 2 now that it dropped last gen. Game had a lot of flaws when it came out, but the current game is such an improvement over the original release that i just can't help but be excited.

An example of a sequel improving over its rocky start would be Titanfall 2. Campaign was absolutely fantastic and the MP just as fun and polished as it ever was, if not mroe so.

Watch Dogs 2 would be another good example. I didn't play it because of gaming budget being tight, but I heard good things about it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Mar 5th, 2017 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 10:26 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My only gripe is that there hasn't been a influx of original IP like the previous generation had.

But the quality is there. There has been some fantastic games in the last 4 years. I know selective memory of previous console generations happen a fair bit but I think people forget prior to the 360/PS3, high quality titles were in short supple. There was a shitload of crap in the PS2 era.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 12:00 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I just feel like AAA games for the most part, have lost their luster unless they do something new/different, which thankfully, some still do, but the gaming droughts we've been having this gen is in part a cost of the result of pumping out too many AAA's and such last gen on a yearly basis. IMO anyway.

Yeah, there is the lack of original IP's too, but can still agree that there's been some great titles in recent years, even if I feel they're too far in between.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 12:22 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What gaming drought? I have no idea what you are talking about.

In the past year, there has been.

Battlefield 1
Dishonored 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
The Division
Titanfall 2
Gears of War 4
Dying Light: The Following
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Doom
The Witness
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Steep
Quantam Break
Watch Dogs 2
Far Cry Primal
Dead Rising 4
The Last Guardian

And then in the last month,

Horizons: Zero Dawn
Resident Evil 7
Zelda: Breath of Wild
Nier:Automata

And Mass Effect in two weeks. And that's only the games I have played so I'm probably missing.

I don't really how you can say there has been a "drought". You might think they have lost their luster but that really doesn't have anything to do with consoles themselves. We are just used to have enough fantastic quality titles to choose from.

And the last year, we had titles like:

MGSV
Witcher 3
Super Mario Maker
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Halo 5
Rocket League
Bloodborne
Rainbow Six Siege

I would agree on original IP but gamers are also part of that type of problem.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 12:44 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Maybe drought wasn't the right word on my part; just more of a decline in number of games to choose from in general, and that list there isn't even all that to me, good as some of the mentioned games are. You're right though that we've become used to having more which last gen kinda spoiled us in that sense, but even then I haven't gone as far as to call the current gen bad, though compared to previous ones it has barely sustained me.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 02:39 AM