KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Dr. Fate - Dr. Strange “Challenge”

Dr. Fate - Dr. Strange “Challenge”
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Dr. Fate - Dr. Strange “Challenge”

(please log in to view the image)

Alright here is the Challenge; you must adhere to a the “Laws of Equivalent Exchange.”

“Laws of Equivalent Exchange”
Meaning, if someone presents a Dr. Fate Feat. Then one must reply with a Dr. Strange feat of “equal or greater value”.

Rules/Limitations
Standard Items for both characters. No base items can be used.
Both characters can accesses their entire history of showings, including those in their Silver Age eras.
For Fate that would include Kent, Inza, Eric, Linda, Hector, Jared, and Kent V.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 04:42 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I went back and checked some OLD fate comics and I take back my vote of a draw. The guy has no real weaknessess with retarded power. Fate wins 6 to 5

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 05:45 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

What about Strange when he faced Shuma-Gorath? Or when he beat Dormammu or Death?

Wait, am I incorrect, or are Fate's feats including his silver and golden age pre-crisis feats?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:11 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Trick, can you read?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:14 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Existere
Trick, can you read?
Does chronic, violent masterbastion count as reading? If it does, then he can read like a mther****er. stick out tongue

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:22 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I lol'd in a big way.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:23 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by long pig
Does chronic, violent masterbastion count as reading? If it does, then he can read like a mther****er. stick out tongue

And this is why I love this guy. big grin LP: didn't PC fate take on Spectre?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:28 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
What about Strange when he faced Shuma-Gorath? Or when he beat Dormammu or Death?

Wait, am I incorrect, or are Fate's feats including his silver and golden age pre-crisis feats?
I agree, those were way more powerful than fate. But Here is the problem, the rules have changed. Strange is no longer allowed outside help, which is like two thirds of his power set. The rules totally kneecar the guy. As for PC feats being allowed, I think so. Same fate just kilod same orion.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:30 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Wait, no outside help? You mean he can't call on the Hoary hosts, the crimson bands, the vishanti, chaos and order, black magic, etc?

Ack. That's harsh. I know he's got some power on his own, he can't be that weak. Fate killed Orion?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:33 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Existere
I lol'd in a big way.
ew. Is the computer screen all rainbowy now?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:33 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wait, no outside help? You mean he can't call on the Hoary hosts, the crimson bands, the vishanti, chaos and order, black magic, etc?

Ack. That's harsh. I know he's got some power on his own, he can't be that weak. Fate killed Orion?
No, he didn't kill orion, my fingers went all Michael J Fox on of. I meant there is no diff tween Pre C Fate and current. Just like Orion. It didn't affect em. He did well against Spec, yes. But even more impressive was when he one shot ko'd pc supes with one punch.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:43 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

So Fate's just as powerful as he used to be, it's just the current guy who sucks?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 07:59 AM
Senor Cage

Hector actually reached Kent Nelson levels at the end, but it didn't come quickly. Fate would get the majority, IMO. But it's VERY close battle.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 08:59 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I agree, those were way more powerful than fate. But Here is the problem, the rules have changed. Strange is no longer allowed outside help, which is like two thirds of his power set. The rules totally kneecar the guy. As for PC feats being allowed, I think so. Same fate just kilod same orion.
This isn’t a direct confrontation between Fate, and Strange per say. It’s a more subtle, and lax approach in pulling up a feat, and see if the opponent has a near equivalent to match it.

Take for instance Green Lantern vs Herald Challenge.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t513639.html

I would make a real Dr. Fate vs. Dr. Strange, on your terms… but I am way to busy with real life shiz, and need to read through stuff to get reacquainted with both.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 04:02 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, i didn't know that johnny carson. If you Do, Strange shouldn't be handicapped at all.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:13 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Ah, i didn't know that johnny carson. If you Do, Strange shouldn't be handicapped at all.

What handicap?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 11:29 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What handicap? Um, i guess the one where he cant use his powers i.e he can't get outside help. meaning he gets no Vishanti, Agammotto, no calling on power from the phoenix force, no absorbing unlimited ambiant power from his billions of billions of personally created pocket dimensions(every cell in his body is hiding a pocket dimension). He can't soul steal, can't do jack shit with theses new rules. I even had to admit Thanos would beat him. Not cuz Thanos is that good, but doc can't fight back. Without those rules, Thanos can't win.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:56 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

What handicap? Um, i guess the one where he cant use his powers i.e he can't get outside help. meaning he gets no Vishanti, Agammotto, no calling on power from the phoenix force, no absorbing unlimited ambiant power from his billions of billions of personally created pocket dimensions(every cell in his body is hiding a pocket dimension). He can't soul steal, can't do jack shit with theses new rules. I even had to admit Thanos would beat him. Not cuz Thanos is that good, but doc can't fight back. Without those rules, Thanos can't win.

Where was that handicap posted? I don't recall enforcing such rule here.

The only real handicap is the use of standard items.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:00 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, you took what i said wrong. I wasn't talking about you, my big brosephus, i was refering to new forum rules. They're tarded

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:25 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Can't the rules just be edited for this thread if it is necessary? That Strange can call a higher power? Don't see why not.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 03:34 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote