KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Would you own and operate A comic book store?

Would you own and operate A comic book store?
Started by: endrict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would you own and operate A comic book store?

As a normal everyday business.

Sig done by me.

Last edited by endrict on Dec 27th, 2007 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 07:58 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Comic Book Stores are doomed to go bankrupt. The only comic book shops that survive are the ones that have been on business for years. Even in larger cities...comic book stores are disappearing.

Better to just open up a hobby shop.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 08:10 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Personally I would not, but a friend of mine has owned and operated a comic book shop for years.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 08:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I'd like to, but I dont have the money or ambition. However I would work IN one easily enough.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 09:17 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
I'd like to, but I dont have the money or ambition. However I would work IN one easily enough.
Thats what I'm saying.

I don't really wanna own one. (Not that its guaranteed to fail, thou it probably would, I just don't wanna deal with all that business bs!)
But I'd love to just work in one! Hell thats kinda almost my dream job!
Well its the most realistic one anyway. lol

Ahh if only the closets ones weren't 30 minutes in either direction and it would pay the bills! embarrasment

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 10:22 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
However I would work IN one easily enough.
Ditto. I still might.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 03:37 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
strengthkills

I couldnt,a good majority of my comics would be used before they evr came on the shelves.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 04:45 PM
strengthkills is currently offline Click here to Send strengthkills a Private Message Find more posts by strengthkills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Sure, but i would make sure to have space for tables, card displays and such... a big draw these days are yu-gi-oh card system, magic the gathering .....they draw alot

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 02:47 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

Yeah you defintely have to sell more than comics alone to survive today my local is like a hobby store, video game, clothing, cards, music,comic etc. store all in one it's crazy busy sometimes but it's cool to see like all the people with different interests and like wide and contrasting ranges of society all in one place getting along.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 04:10 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

My local comic shop does'nt even sell cards. Sells Comics, Manga, TPB's and Anime dvds.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 05:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KK the Great

If I was rich enough to have one just for the sheer hell of it (like Kevin Smith or something) and not rely on it as my primary income, sure.

What I'd like to have is a general Nerd Store, with comics, games, movies, and sandwiches. Très Ghic.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 05:38 AM
KK the Great is currently offline Click here to Send KK the Great a Private Message Find more posts by KK the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote