KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Well, well, well! Not so Flashy anymore...

Well, well, well! Not so Flashy anymore...
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well, well, well! Not so Flashy anymore...

What looked like the perfect couple end up getting separated:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...em.cgi?id=12652

Bring back Barry Allen and put Waid together...that works! thumb up

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 27th, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 10:06 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: Well, well, well! Not so Flashy anymore...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Bring back Bart Allen and put Waid together...that works! thumb up

Co-sign

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 10:15 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bart is coming back in The Blackest Night

and...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm only speculating...hehehe

Don't say I didn't warned you.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 10:35 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Well before that I'd wager.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 10:45 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I want Connor and Bart back soon.
Despite having probably a better writer/creative team when they switched back to Wally, I quit when Bart died, angry at the title like it was the title's fault or something.
And now I'm angry with Waid. mad

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 10:51 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

As much as I would love to have Barry back, it would only make his death meaningless.

It's the same thing with Gwen Stacy.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 11:45 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Christ on a crutch...Barry's been gone for 22 years now. He was just another bland whitebread character; Wally's been much more entertaining all these decades.
Who here was even reading comics every month when Barry was alive?

No to Barry; Yes to Mark Waid returning.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 12:53 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Read JLA: Year One.

Waid writes a very cool Barry Allen.

As for your question:

"Who here was even reading comics every month when Barry was alive?"

A lot of new fans were introduce to Barry in the recent Countdown Special: Flash.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 01:08 AM
HaSon

Honestly, I don't think Waid has it in him to write Flash (any of them) anymore.

His original run with Wally was awesome as was his Impulse run but he's clearly lacking for ideas at this point. Wally and the family has been lackluster to say the least.

What makes it even worse is that Guggenheim was writing a great Flash before they took it from him.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 01:16 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think Bart was the only one who put fear on SBP:

(please log in to view the image)

Now we lost him. sad

*shakes fist at Didio*

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 01:27 AM
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

Man...Flash has been mediocre ever since Johns left it. One brief stint with I forget who with the Bart death arc which was actually really good but everything else bleeeeeeh.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 03:41 AM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Read JLA: Year One.

Waid writes a very cool Barry Allen.

As for your question:

"Who here was even reading comics every month when Barry was alive?"

A lot of new fans were introduce to Barry in the recent Countdown Special: Flash.

Exactly yes

Barry Allen always gets a bad rap because he was never really written by great writers.

However, flashback comics like JLA: Year One and The Brave and the Bold (not the current run) show he actually is a great character.

Also, Mark Waid does tend to write a better Barry Allen than a Wally West (at least in my opinion)

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 07:05 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

You guys wanting to undo the best remaining death in comics are insane. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 07:45 PM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by Val
You guys wanting to undo the best remaining death in comics are insane. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I hate revivals, period

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:15 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Val
It was already sort of undone when Barry helped Bart during the Crisis, wasn't it?

Anyways, Bart>Wally>Barry, arguably not in status or power or skill, but certainly on who's the better character.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:16 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by Juntai
It was already sort of undone when Barry helped Bart during the Crisis, wasn't it?

Anyways, Bart>Wally>Barry, arguably not in status or power or skill, but certainly on who's the better character.

Barry was undoubtedly the superior character of the three no expression

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:21 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Juntai

Bart mentioned that Barry had died for good in the 30th century during his Flash series.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:21 PM
HaSon

Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
I hate revivals, period

Meh.

Sometimes a character dies in such a dumb way I don't mind a revival. Read Thunderbolts #100 and see Genis-Vell's death for an example of this. Barry's death in Crisis was classic. You can't ask for a hero to be sent off any better than he was. Let it stick.

Last edited by HaSon on Dec 29th, 2007 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:23 PM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by Val
Meh.

Sometimes a character dies in such a dumb way I don't mind a revival. Barry's death in Crisis was classic. You can't ask for a hero to be sent off any better than he was. Let it stick.

yeah, classic deaths. Marvel never got that memo, eh Mar?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:25 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Val

Never said I wanted Barry to come back. Just that people don't appreciate his character.

Anyway, if he ever does come back, DC can just explain it by saying it was before his death or somthing with time travel (ala Captain Marvel)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 06:52 PM